What are the best drinks on the Bliss?

ScottnBobbi

go to the haven. i wouldnt believe it but they have super heavy pours. i saw someone in my cabin get 3/4 of one of those plastic cups full or booze and topped off with soda. i couldnt drink that much in a week lol. 

they also made something that had a chocolate flower i think, on the top of it. very decorative!

Mr. Worldwide is our go to!!  It played a factor in us cruising with NCL again!  Its a labor intensive drink for the bartenders so we always tip when we order it.  Best not to order it at the pool bars but the more upscale inside bars.  

• Voli vodka.
  • Pimms.
  • Strawberry puree.
  • Basil.
  • Fresh lemon juice.
  • Top with Champagne.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bethann2103 said:

Mr. Worldwide is our go to!!  It played a factor in us cruising with NCL again!  Its a labor intensive drink for the bartenders so we always tip when we order it.  Best not to order it at the pool bars but the more upscale inside bars.  

• Voli vodka.
  • Pimms.
  • Strawberry puree.
  • Basil.
  • Fresh lemon juice.
  • Top with Champagne.

Mr. Worldwide is unquestionably my favorite drink on any NCL cruise. I am dreading not having them when I sail on Princess in August!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bethann2103 said:

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Mr. Worldwide is unquestionably my favorite drink on any NCL cruise. I am dreading not having them when I sail on Princess in August!

Thanks for the tip, we will definitely try it when we're on. I think one of the sweet drinks I splurged on was the Rebellious Fish, it was ok but I didn't love it. Strawberry, lemon and basil sound amazing, you can't go wrong with berries and citrus. Our wedding cake had raspberry puree and lemon curd, so you know we're fans 😀

33 minutes ago, tomservo said:

Thanks for the tip, we will definitely try it when we're on. I think one of the sweet drinks I splurged on was the Rebellious Fish, it was ok but I didn't love it. Strawberry, lemon and basil sound amazing, you can't go wrong with berries and citrus. Our wedding cake had raspberry puree and lemon curd, so you know we're fans 😀

I have no doubt you will love the Mr. Worldwide then. It's got a great dryness to it from the sparkling wine and isn't overly sweet like a lot of cocktails.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2020 at 11:21 AM, ScottnBobbi said:

We bring at least 100 in singles and fives and tip every server etc.  it makes a world of difference.  They deserve it.  Just being nice and courteous goes a long way.  The abuse that the staff is put through by many of the passengers is ridiculous.  I will look for Gene.  Thanks. 

OMG FINALLY!

I do this too, primarily bc I'm Filipino and I know how much the employees make.  I've gotten in too many arguments with people that think that not having to tip means that tipping doesn't have purpose.

I've been on NCL ships a couple of times where I didn't have a beverage package and a bartender would make drinks for us, just because i was throwing around singles and fives

I do not do it for what I will get just as you say.  But they are good people and appreciate the money and more importantly respect.  We love talking to the staff we meet and get to know them.  Life is all about karma. I don’t have money to throw away but they earn every penny.  Last trip we brought snacks candy and a bottle of wine as a gift for our room steward and my dietary rep. I have celiac. They truly loved it. So little was appreciated so much. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are a few.  Tennessee lemonade, made with Tennessee honey.    Any mojito made with calling out Bacardi 8.   Woodford old fashion. Coconut pineapple mojito. Absolute mudslide. Old fashion in dinning room while dinning if wine gets old.

Slightly off topic but I am wondering if you can get a drink in the speciality restaurants if you are not dining in them?

I had a few visits to Texas last year and developed a love of Lone Star beer and would love to be able to get a few while onboard as I know that Q have them in stock!

Edited by BigPodge

On 2/1/2020 at 11:34 AM, ScottnBobbi said:

We want to know what are the best drinks that are found on the Bliss.  Thought this would be fun topic. I am not looking for just the highest alcohol or most expensive, but unique and just plain good.   We want to get the most out of our drink package, lol.  Please list drinks, locations, atmosphere ...  

sugarcane mojitos bar has excellent drinks. Ginger mojitos is excellent. Saturn landing is excellent with gin. Bloody Mary in atrium bar on way to breakfast great. Pacifico beer in craft beer bar. Lone star beer in Q bbq. White Russian with grey goose vodka. Margarita bar was excellent.

My wife and I are not big drinking people. We drink while dancing. Excellent dancing opportunities on the Bliss. Especially in the sugarcane mojitos bar. By pool and h20 at night. Later night in Social dance club. 26,000 steps on Fitbit dancing one day/night. Average steps were 20,000 per day . Use the drinks package to keep us dancing.