Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore

Rmac17

23 minutes ago, Rmac17 said:

My cruise savvy sister told me it is her understanding that RC will be replacing the Grandeur sometime soon. Anyone have any more information?

Thanks!

The Grandeur is being transferred to Pullmantur in 2021. The Enchantment will be returning to Baltimore to replace the Grandeur. 

To add to YV’s correct response:

Grandeur’s final cruise is March 26, 2021. 

Enchantment will undergo an extensive drydock before she arrives in Baltimore. 

We have been “promised” “at least” one more specialty restaurant. 

I think that they’ll add both Giovanni’s Table and Izumi. 

On 2/6/2020 at 12:09 PM, Merion_Mom said:

To add to YV’s correct response:

Grandeur’s final cruise is March 26, 2021. 

Enchantment will undergo an extensive drydock before she arrives in Baltimore. 

We have been “promised” “at least” one more specialty restaurant. 

I think that they’ll add both Giovanni’s Table and Izumi. 

Until you said something, I didn't realize that Enchantment didn't have Izumi (I love sushi).  I haven't been the Enchantment since they had it going out of Baltimore right after the cut & stretch. I remembered it having more (like Boleros), since it was bigger. I'm surprised that they haven't added Izumi and Giovanni's Table just like they are on Grandeur. I see mention of the Chef's Table on the Enchantment, but I can't find it on the Deck plan. Where is the Chef's Table currently located on the Enchantment? Is it as nice as the Grandeur's Chef's Table? I have found the Chef's Table to be a great experience on the Grandeur at the right price (and with the right people).

On Enchantment, I wonder if they will just duplicate how the Grandeur is setup with Izumi on Deck 12 and changing the space to include Giovanni's Table and the Diamond lounge on Deck 5?

IMHO, I think replicating Grandeur’s restaurants and lounge placements would be good.  The DL on Grandeur serves many people well.  But we still have over a year to think about how Enchantment might be changed as she comes back to Baltimore.  Katherine

On 2/9/2020 at 1:45 PM, Pumbaamd said:

What are the dates of the dry dock?

It appears to me that the dates go like this:

• The Grander's last cruising day in Galveston is Oct 20th of this year
  • Then it goes to dry dock and starts it's first cruise out of San Juan on Nov 14th  (so 24 days out of service during this time)
  • Then it cruises out of San Juan until Apr 23rd 2021 when it transfers to Baltimore to begin cruises May 1st 2021

Dan

3 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

It appears to me that the dates go like this:

• Enchantments's last cruising day in Galveston is Oct 20th of this year
  • Then it goes to dry dock and starts it's first cruise out of San Juan on Nov 14th  (so 24 days out of service during this time)
  • Then it cruises out of San Juan until Apr 23rd 2021 when it transfers to Baltimore to begin cruises May 1st 2021

Dan

Fixed.

• Like 1

Okay, I see we are cruising in the last days of Grandeur this June, but glad to see some of you like it.  Question:  How is the wine on Grandeur, both by-the-glass and bottles?  We are not Big Wine People (don't have the budget for that).  But we don't like to drink plonk either.  I know there is a $15 corkage fee if you bring a couple bottles aboard.  Is it worth it to do so?  We do not plan on the deluxe drink package.  How do prices compare to bottles or by-the-glass on shore?

20 minutes ago, mlld3536 said:

I know there is a $15 corkage fee if you bring a couple bottles aboard.  Is it worth it to do so? 

I have not seen anyone report being charged the corkage fee in the recent past (and it only applies to bringing into a dining venue, not onto the ship). Yes, bring the bottles and if you are afraid of being charged, pour the wine into a glass in your cabin.

Edited by Biker19

29 minutes ago, mlld3536 said:

I'm actually not concerned about the corkage so much as the quality and price of wines purchased on board, both bottles and glasses.

That's another reason to bring your own - the variety/availability will be lower and the prices higher on board.

Have not had the pleasure of cruising on Grandeur yet, thus making up for lost time and have sailing in June, and another in September doing B2B.  So sad to see yet another Vision class sister going away.  Down from six to three now.  😞 

So far has been chronological, thus following that pattern would mean next on chopping block:  EN, then Rhapsody, then Vision.