Guys vegan burger

matymil

I’ve never had meat in my entire 56 years so I have no idea how close it is to real meat, but Impossible is the best burger I have ever had and Beyond is a close second. My wife who is not vegetarian actually craves Impossible from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Uh none because they don’t offer either but both would be a great meat free option to add to Guys. Give them a try you’d be surprised how delicious they are but cook the Beyond burger in a skillet because I can’t ever get them not to stick to the grill.

I do  not remember specifically which ship or cruise line it was, but I do remember once (and only on one ship) having the veggie burger cooked on a skillet on the grill instead of having it brought from the back.

34 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I do  not remember specifically which ship or cruise line it was, but I do remember once (and only on one ship) having the veggie burger cooked on a skillet on the grill instead of having it brought from the back.

That’s the way they cook the eggs for the huevos rancheros at the Blue Iguana, a skillet on a hot plate. Should be easy enough to do a good tasting plant based option at Guys.

Edited by Jerseygirl1416

3 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I stand corrected. The impossible burger and the beyond burgers are the best tasting vegan/veggie burgers out there. It would be great if they could offer either at guys. It wouldn’t take much to accomplish this either. An electric griddle and they’re good to go.

3 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Uh none because they don’t offer either but both would be a great meat free option to add to Guys. Give them a try you’d be surprised how delicious they are but cook the Beyond burger in a skillet because I can’t ever get them not to stick to the grill.

I am vegan, but will switch to being a non-cholesterol-vegetarian (nothing made with egg yolk), for cruises or when a restaurant does not have a vegan menu. 

Try Morning Star Farms black bean burgers. I think they use egg whites to hold the ingredients together.

From what I remember(have not eaten meat in 38 years), they taste nothing like meat.

Next time on a cruise, ask what the ingredients in their veggie burgers are made from.

6 hours ago, vnman63 said:

As a lifelong vegetarian, I have tried almost all of the current crop of veggie burgers out there. I personally can’t wait till they start serving the Impossible Burger as an option.

We don't go to Burger King but ive been told the impossible burger is not good for you at all, like its meatless and that's about it. Again ive never had it but I work at whole foods and that's what ive heard from several people. Are favorite brand is the Gardein burgers (not garden) ive had all of their stuff and liked everything

1 hour ago, coevan said:

ask whom? you think a cook has any idea of the ingredients

Probably not. But there are people who are actually allergic to dairy or eggs so there must be some way to find out what's in them. Maybe have to ask ahead of time

• Like 1

We don't go to Burger King but ive been told the impossible burger is not good for you at all, like its meatless and that's about it. Again ive never had it but I work at whole foods and that's what ive heard from several people. Are favorite brand is the Gardein burgers (not garden) ive had all of their stuff and liked everything

Yeah, it’s not “health food”, more like an occasional indulgence. I do like many of the Gardein offerings along with the fact that you can get it at many grocery stores.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pinto18 said:

Probably not. But there are people who are actually allergic to dairy or eggs so there must be some way to find out what's in them. Maybe have to ask ahead of time

That is what the special needs department is for

13 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

That is what the special needs department is for

Yes but some may have an issue with going through the special needs dept for diets that are a choice ( Vegan, Keto...some gluten free...dont flame me there) as opposed to an actual medical need.Maybe they still have a list of ingredients that people can access that would be helpful

19 minutes ago, pinto18 said:

Yes but some may have an issue with going through the special needs dept for diets that are a choice ( Vegan, Keto...some gluten free...dont flame me there) as opposed to an actual medical need.Maybe they still have a list of ingredients that people can access that would be helpful

It is not an inquisition but more a how we can we help.  They wont question anyone but rather give options

18 hours ago, coevan said:

I feel the same way about the beyond burger. My wife is a vegetarian and has no desire to eat something that tastes like meat.

People veggie burger is a generic term, Garden Burger is a company. A veggie burger might or might not be Vegan, a vegan burger is a veggie burger, confusing enough?

I agree with your wife. I’m a vegetarian and took one bite of a beyond burger and spit it out. 🤮 Too meatlike for me. My “burger of choice” is a black bean burger. I like seeing veggies and grains in it. 

1 hour ago, MalleyCat said:

I agree with your wife. I’m a vegetarian and took one bite of a beyond burger and spit it out. 🤮 Too meatlike for me. My “burger of choice” is a black bean burger. I like seeing veggies and grains in it. 

I have to ask, what exactly does “meat like” mean?

14 hours ago, coevan said:

ask whom? you think a cook has any idea of the ingredients

Not being snarly, I do think the cook would have an idea of some the ingredients.

Ask the maître de' on boarding day. It worked for me when I told them I had food allergies, and that I was a vegan. They were extremely helpful (Norwegian and Carnival),  letting me know the options I had to eat and letting me know what the ingredients were in the meals that I could eat. Ask, it will not hurt

58 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I have to ask, what exactly does “meat like” mean?

If you try a black bean burger and compare to a beyond burger...no question about what he means by " meat like" . The texture and taste is made to mimic ground beef

14 hours ago, pinto18 said:

not all commercial products have ingredients printed on them. I tell my servers if we are not sure, don't order it.

On 2/13/2020 at 2:46 AM, matymil said:

I just found out this exists. Im not vegan but I do not eat beef, has anyone tried and if so how is it? Curious to know if they use a certain brand or if its their own. 

On 2/13/2020 at 8:19 PM, matymil said:

Thanks everyone...yeah if they are just store bought garden burgers I may just skip them. They aren't terrible but I can eat them whenever 

They are not store bought garden burgers. The vegetarian burger on Carnival is a (Black Bean Burger). More specifically, the plant-based burgers are made from whole and mashed black beans, brown rice, roasted pumpkin, cauliflower, and mushrooms, tofu, onion, and savory spices. And as the others have stated, can be found at the deli.

Click on the links below for more information.

20200216-134135.png

Info @: https://cruiseradio.net/guys-burgers-now-has-a-new-menu-addition/

Additional info @: https://www.livekindly.co/guy-fieri-vegan-burger-carnival-cruise-line/

🍔

Edited by ObstructedView2

3 hours ago, ObstructedView2 said:

They are not store bought garden burgers. The vegetarian burger on Carnival is a (Black Bean Burger). More specifically, the plant-based burgers are made from whole and mashed black beans, brown rice, roasted pumpkin, cauliflower, and mushrooms, tofu, onion, and savory spices. And as the others have stated, can be found at the deli.

Click on the links below for more information.

20200216-134135.png

Info @: https://cruiseradio.net/guys-burgers-now-has-a-new-menu-addition/

Additional info @: https://www.livekindly.co/guy-fieri-vegan-burger-carnival-cruise-line/

🍔

The news was wrong.  Guys does not serve vegan or veggie burgers.

3 hours ago, coevan said:

Why would you doubt the news articles? 

Prior to the news back in 9/18, I could get a veggie burger at Guy's.

On my 10/26/18 cruise, I was told to now go to the Deli to get a veggie burger. 

Since that time, I have been on eighteen (18) Carnival cruises and have had to go to the Deli to get a veggie burger. (Inspiration x 12, Vista x 2, Horizon x 1, Legend x 1, Miracle x 1, Panorama x 1) - yes, I have a cruising addiction 🙂

9 hours ago, CCLcruiser91 said:

Prior to the news back in 9/18, I could get a veggie burger at Guy's.

On my 10/26/18 cruise, I was told to now go to the Deli to get a veggie burger. 

Since that time, I have been on eighteen (18) Carnival cruises and have had to go to the Deli to get a veggie burger. (Inspiration x 12, Vista x 2, Horizon x 1, Legend x 1, Miracle x 1, Panorama x 1) - yes, I have a cruising addiction 🙂

And a veggie burger addiction!

Thanks for narrowing down when the change was made to a very small time period.