WWYD? Freedom extended Aft balcony or Jr Suite?

Would you pick an extended AFT spacious balcony on deck 10 (1704) , junior suite on deck 9 mid (9572) or a new junior suite on deck 6 aft (6720) on Freedom of the Seas?  The junior suite on deck 6 would be my last choice I feel because you are not as close to the water and people can look down from above.  

I've had 1704 on Liberty of the Seas, Freedoms sister ship.  I'd rebook that one in a heartbeat.  The great big deck with two reclining deck chairs and million dollars views will always win out for me. Assuming there is a significant price savings and the limited benefits you get for a junior suite on Freedom class ships I think its a no brainer. I know people talk about the bathtub and larger closet in the JS but I have always found there is sufficient storage space in the Spacious Oceanview Balcony cabin for a 7 day cruise and I'm not one to take a bath so a bath tub is kind of meaningless to me.  As far as noise from from the Windjammer... two of my last three cruises were in an aft cabin on deck 10 and I heard nothing from upstairs on either cruise and both my wife and I are light sleepers.

IMG_1480.jpeg

IMG_1472.jpeg

IMG_1540.jpeg

• Like 2

Take the aft balcony. We've had both a midship JS and an aft balcony on Freedom.  Much preferred the aft balcony. No noise at all  (we had #1702) and after a day or so, you really don't notice the superstructure.  It's also much more private with way less foot traffic than a midship location. Plus it's one deck up to the Windjammer and pool deck. Very convenient location.   Looking forward to sailing Freedom in July - and we have an aft JS.

Edited by shutterbug63
Addition to wording
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

1704 for sure.  To us the space on the balcony is worth more then the extra space in the cabin. We have an balcony aft coming up in April and will not be doing Royal up for any amount. For us the afts are the best.

Thanks. Are you on Freedom? We are on the April 19th.

Edited by mickeyhereicome

29 minutes ago, mickeyhereicome said:

Thanks. Are you on Freedom? We are on the April 19th.

No but I’ve stayed in 1700 on Liberty multiple times and have an aft on Serenade right under the windjammer in April.  Aft balconies are always our first choice.  Even better is an aft Jr. Suite but we’ve only done that once. 

We'd be taking the Junior Suite on deck 9.  We have enjoyed the extra space of the JS on 2 occasions, much prefer the mid-ship location, and the 2 x C+A points don't hurt either.  That said we have not yet had an aft balcony - but will try it one day....