Liberty of the Seas & Specialty Dining

Tasm3n

I'm considering booking specialty dining for one night of our cruise in July.  We have main seating dining and I don't want to have to rush back to the ship when we are in Grand Cayman just to make dinner.

My question is:  If you had to pick just one specialty dining experience on the Liberty, which one would you pick and why? 

23 minutes ago, Tasm3n said:

I'm considering booking specialty dining for one night of our cruise in July.  We have main seating dining and I don't want to have to rush back to the ship when we are in Grand Cayman just to make dinner.

My question is:  If you had to pick just one specialty dining experience on the Liberty, which one would you pick and why? 

I would go with Giovanni's, unless they change it to Jamies.  Better sides and more variety than Chop's.  Not very many choices on Liberty. 

Been on Liberty many times. Definitely Chops!

My usual order there is: Forest mushroom soup, colossal shrimp cocktail, black pepper bacon, 9 ounce filet, a pat of horseradish, asparagus, mashed potatoes, and mushrooms. And dessert. Be sure to skip lunch that day.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Nado44 said:

Been on Liberty many times. Definitely Chops!

My usual order there is: Forest mushroom soup, colossal shrimp cocktail, black pepper bacon, 9 ounce filet, a pat of horseradish, asparagus, mashed potatoes, and mushrooms. And dessert. Be sure to skip lunch that day.

I'm guessing I'll be really boozed and somewhat fooded up from earlier in the day at the Royal Palms.  We have a cabana and intend to take full advantage.

That meal does sound divine, though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JBSteelerfan said:

I would normally say Chops, but after our last Liberty cruise in early Feb, we found Giovanni's was much better this time around.  Although you can't beat the black pepper bacon!  

I'll admit, looking at the menu, the black pepper bacon did catch my attention.

FWIW:   We will be on the Liberty in 2 weeks. I had a reservation at Chops and I cancelled it because the reviews and opinions I read were less than stellar.

Now we have a reservation at Giovanni's, most people think it is a better choice.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GreenB said:

FWIW:   We will be on the Liberty in 2 weeks. I had a reservation at Chops and I cancelled it because the reviews and opinions I read were less than stellar.

Now we have a reservation at Giovanni's, most people think it is a better choice.

If I was going to do one it would be Giovanni's but Chops is OK. Love the Osso bucco at Giovanni's 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tasm3n said:

Thanks everyone for the advice.  I ended up going with Chops on embarkation day since my aunt already had the Key and we can join her and Giovannis for dinner.

Comment deleted. 

Edited by HicksRA

2 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

The Key doesn’t eat at Chops. They eat a Chops meal in the MDR. 

Seriously?  Ugh.  Ok.  Thanks for letting me know.  That would have been no an optimal surprise on embarkation day.

2 minutes ago, Tasm3n said:

Seriously?  Ugh.  Ok.  Thanks for letting me know.  That would have been no an optimal surprise on embarkation day.

Yes. They eat in MDR. I deleted my prior post as I thought I might have misunderstood your comment.