Cheaper rates on my cruis

ladyboyd

Hi

I just did a search and found that my room is $500 cheaper. Should I cancel and rebook or do I contact Carnival directly. 

I’m sure there are threads for this but I can’t find them. 

Thanks in advance

3 minutes ago, ladyboyd said:

Hi

I just did a search and found that my room is $500 cheaper. Should I cancel and rebook or do I contact Carnival directly. 

I’m sure there are threads for this but I can’t find them. 

Thanks in advance

1) keep a screen shot.

2) the rate you booked determines how this works

Do you have a PVP? If so, email them. Carnival is crazy right now, understandably.

I just checked mine and ours is $180 per person less and there are 7 of us. But my concern is all the cancellations and travel advisories. If I refare I get a nonrefundable room credit. I have the Vacation Insurance Protection, and my husband is over 70 so we may be opting out on health reasons. I cant get thru to anyone to find out what the best option would be. And I am fairly new to Carnival. Made the booking myself. Sent an email now just waiting. But I don't know when we need to cancel or rebook by.

I submitted my form for the price reduction on a cruise scheduled in August. I don't anticipate a quick reply as I am sure the administrative employees are absolutely swamped with cancelling/rebooking/refunding customers.  My $70 price drop is most likely not top priority!

23 minutes ago, Woodfaerie said:

I submitted my form for the price reduction on a cruise scheduled in August. I don't anticipate a quick reply as I am sure the administrative employees are absolutely swamped with cancelling/rebooking/refunding customers.  My $70 price drop is most likely not top priority!

You will be surprised. I did one yesterday and again today after another drop. Got a response within 10 minutes

I submitted a form yesterday and got an almost immediate reply with the reduction in price, but then this morning I got an email saying I needed to pay an additional $350 deposit (I had already paid $500 in November) AND they moved my final payment date up 2 weeks. I’ve  tried calling but hung up after being on hold over an hour. 

has this happened to anyone?

9 minutes ago, clmsntgers said:

I submitted a form yesterday and got an almost immediate reply with the reduction in price, but then this morning I got an email saying I needed to pay an additional $350 deposit (I had already paid $500 in November) AND they moved my final payment date up 2 weeks. I’ve  tried calling but hung up after being on hold over an hour. 

Gotta figure nobody knows what's up or down right now

1 hour ago, clmsntgers said:

What I was told (early last month) when I called to do a price match is that I had to bring my deposit amount up to what a person that is booking making a brand new booking at that rate would be. For example, when I booked my cruise back in Nov for this coming Nov I had booked under a $50 pp deposit sale that was happening. Then when I repriced, the deposits were "reduced deposits". Someone booking the cruise for the first time when I was trying to reprice would have to pay a $350 deposit (three people in my room). So since I previously had only paid $150 deposit, I had to pay the $200 difference in order to get the rate drop. 

Recently I repriced the rate for my in-laws and had to bring their deposit up to $298 from $100. 

The way I see it, I plan on going to on the cruise, and the total has to be paid of anyways. So for a lower over all rate, I had no problem bringing up my deposit. 

Crossing fingers my 4/4 Sunshine out of Charleston isn’t cancelled before then. For a piece of good news, I got an upgrade offer today from Deck 2 OV to Deck 8 Balcony...$30 total. 😳. Couldn’t smash accept quick enough. Hopefully get to go

11362A6E-EDC0-48C4-8091-9EBF2AFEB288.jpeg

Our rate on our upcoming Panorama cruise dropped twice yesterday.  I submitted the early saver price protection form and both times got a response within 15 minutes that it had been approved.  We save $410 yesterday alone on our spa balcony.  Hoping it goes down some more too!

20 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I think you have to cancel 48 hours before. I would make sure it's at least 3 days before.

You have to cancel 3 days prior if you are looking to get the FCC and refund.

53 minutes ago, Jenny in TX said:

Our rate on our upcoming Panorama cruise dropped twice yesterday.  I submitted the early saver price protection form and both times got a response within 15 minutes that it had been approved.  We save $410 yesterday alone on our spa balcony.  Hoping it goes down some more too!

I would want this clarified by carnival. I have heard that since the difference is put to your account as on board credit, that that money is NOT returned to you if you cancel. This supposedly happened to someone on my Mar. 28 sailing. They had something like $600 in obc from dropped pricing, but they only got back their non-refundable deposit in FCC and did NOT get back the $600 that they had paid at the beginning because it was OBC. I know there is "refundable" OBC and non-refundable OBC, and I THOUGHT price change OBC was refundable, but...

I submitted the online form and had an approval within an hour.

Does anyone know why I'm being asked for additional deposits?  On the website they say they're due by July 3, 2019, but I got emails saying I had two days before the booking would be canceled.  We paid $50/person deposits when we booked, but now we're being asked for an additional $100/person.

This is the first time I've tried to Price Match with Carnival. I've noticed the price dropped on my cruise by $50. I tried to call, but the wait times were crazy! So, I submitted my request online and was approved...BUT now my OBC were gone and I had an additional $300 deposit due in two days.

When calling, the representative informed me the promotions were different and my current promotion was no longer available. Not only that, but I would be due for an additional deposit of $300.  Three hours and a supervisor later, everything was undone and corrected.

Major lesson learned for me. If I ever price match again...I am going to call in and confirm I won't lose any OBC or have to pay a deposit.

Probably my rookie mistake, but lesson learned! 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 5:01 PM, bahacca said:

I would want this clarified by carnival. I have heard that since the difference is put to your account as on board credit, that that money is NOT returned to you if you cancel. This supposedly happened to someone on my Mar. 28 sailing. They had something like $600 in obc from dropped pricing, but they only got back their non-refundable deposit in FCC and did NOT get back the $600 that they had paid at the beginning because it was OBC. I know there is "refundable" OBC and non-refundable OBC, and I THOUGHT price change OBC was refundable, but...

Our cruise is not until November 2020, so it is not paid in full.  We did not get OBC, our rate just got lowered for what we owe.  Our cruise doesn't have to be paid in full until the end of August so any reductions will just lower the price that we owe.  If we had paid in full it would be OBC, but we haven't.

OK, I'm going to put my "2 cents worth in here," and see what you all think.

The 8 of us were to cruise yesterday, or March 15th, and had NOT cancelled out, but was told the ship would NOT be cruising.  I have a PVP with Carnival.  She gave us the option as our cruise was PAID IN FULL, to received full credit back. The other option was to book another cruise with the same rate, or more, but.................she was asking $250.00 as a down payment on each room, and NOT refundable back!  I told her, she agreed, that does not make sense, when Carnival has ALL the money there too pay for our next cruise, and they still want the $250.00 on each room as a down payment, and not refundable.  Were really in a delimma of what to do on this mess.  I thought Carnival was being very fair until I was told this.

2 hours ago, beshears said:

OK, I'm going to put my "2 cents worth in here," and see what you all think.

The 8 of us were to cruise yesterday, or March 15th, and had NOT cancelled out, but was told the ship would NOT be cruising.  I have a PVP with Carnival.  She gave us the option as our cruise was PAID IN FULL, to received full credit back. The other option was to book another cruise with the same rate, or more, but.................she was asking $250.00 as a down payment on each room, and NOT refundable back!  I told her, she agreed, that does not make sense, when Carnival has ALL the money there too pay for our next cruise, and they still want the $250.00 on each room as a down payment, and not refundable.  Were really in a delimma of what to do on this mess.  I thought Carnival was being very fair until I was told this.

It is 100% back of you get the refund. If you rebook using future cruise credit, the FCC is not usable for deposits or on board payments. You also forfeit any amount if you go UNDER the amount of the FCC. First of all, I am not booking a cruise right now. I think the people who are planning to cruise in April are going to LOSE their FCC because the fine print says it is non-transferable. Hopefully means this is just by PERSON, but... The good thing about taking the FCC is that you get a $600 on board credit per room. BUT- you cannot use that to apply to the cost of the cruise. You CAN use it for tips once you get on board. Just do not prepay them. I haven't even filled out the form as we have until Dec. 31 to make the decision as to if we want cash back or the FCC+$600 OBC. It is too risky now, IMO, to be rebooking. Hopefully by Dec 31 it is far easier for me to decide.