"Not Available"

JamieLogical

Oh my gosh. You are correct. I looked earlier this morning and LOTS of cabins were available in every category.  (Encore 3/22).  I hope this means they are cancelling the cruise. I have $5000 wrapped up in the cruise and I don't want FCC. We were only taking this cruise for a wedding.  I'm going hold on cancelling for a few more days to see what they do.  I need that money back so I can take a different vacation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TPgal said:

Maybe its a glitch, the April 14th (or so) Miami/Panama Canal sailing has plenty of room options.

I don't know which cruise you are talking about. None of the Panama Canal cruises leave on the 14th that I can see. But I hope you are right that it's a glitch! 

2 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I don't know which cruise you are talking about. None of the Panama Canal cruises leave on the 14th that I can see. But I hope you are right that it's a glitch! 

Panama Canal: Mexico, Costa Rica & Belize

from Miami, Florida  April 19th (I knew the 14th was wrong...sorry about that)

Midship Oceanview brings up many options for cabin selection

I'm interested to see what you see for that one.

IMHO: -

Cruiselines including NCL are probably instructed by Homeland Security and/or CDC, etc. to embargo all bookings and sailings until the POTUS's scheduled national news conference, live, to announce an expected (pure speculation at this point, per multiple news sources) federal emergency / disaster declaration ... or something similar / perhaps scaled down by region or at state's level to curtail unnecessary travel.  

The last thing to worry about at this point, if you are still gung ho in cruising this or next month - bless you & good luck - is worry about prices, inventory, upgrades and what's open / closed onboard and for the ports of calls.  Disney is closing up shops (there goes this year's Spring break for children, teens & adults ... ) until further notice.

I rather be proven wrong in less than an hour, streaming CNN live over SlingTV on one of our mobile devices, while on the go.  

By stopping and taking no further "new" reservations - NCL is acting in good faith and taking some responsibilities ... nobody likes to deal with refunds of any form.  

Safe & happy travel, cruising & vacationing - stay healthy & think smartly ! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

On the NCL site? Which specific sailing?

April 19 Pacific Coastal, LA to now-inaccessible Vancouver on Joy.

Interesting. I tried again by doing a search for April cruises departing LA. The Joy’s Mexican Riviera cruise can’t be booked (sold out) but my Pacific Coastal Cruise is still bookable. 

At this point I’m just waiting for NCL to make their own announcement. My next two cruises were both scheduled to disembark in Vancouver prior to July 1. Unless there’s an emergency suspension of the Jones Act, those cruises can’t continue. 

Edited by coastcat

3 minutes ago, TPgal said:

Panama Canal: Mexico, Costa Rica & Belize

from Miami, Florida  April 19th (I knew the 14th was wrong...sorry about that)

Midship Oceanview brings up many options for cabin selection

I'm interested to see what you see for that one.

You are right! That one specifically is still showing availability. Wonder what that means...

1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

Tried a TA site and it let me get as far as picking a specific room category, and then I received "The Inside Stateroom - ID is no longer available."

When are you supposed to fly out?

Oh my, I was in mid-mock book for a March 14 7-Day Eastern Caribbean from Miami and there were cabins, and then bam - everything went "sold out"

Now i'll head back to that Pearl Panama cruise and see if they have gotten to that cruise yet.  Looks like you noticed it in mid-cancel.