Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

A special christmas update?

Maybe Santa will be using the ships to deliver presents around the world.

They should be able to carry more than that old sleigh. 😁

Thanks for the laugh Stu.

I will check in closer to Christmas.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Singapore and Manila Bay Cruise Ship Update - 25th December 2020.

Merry
Christmas!

Anchored off Manila Bay:

• Pacific Explorer
  • Costa Serena
  • Caledonian Sky

Manila-Baycruiseships.jpg

Anchored off Singapore:

• Costa Mediterranea
  • Radiance of the Seas
  • Golden Princess
  • Sliver Muse
  • Diamond Princess
  • Sapphire Princess
  • Voyager of the Seas
  • Ovation Of the Seas
  • Spectrum of the Seas
  • Carnival Splendor
  • Carnival Spirit
  • Crystal Symphony

singaporecruiseships25122020.jpg

singaporecruiseships2512202002.jpg

singaporecruiseships2512202003.jpg

Okay what's going on???

Star Princess/Pacific Encounter left Mexico 3 weeks ago bound for Manila but is now off the coast of Japan bound for Busan, Sth Korea.  Due there tomorrow.  Did the captain lose his way or do they do overhauls in Korea.  Maybe Singapore is too busy.

P&O Au put out a Christmas video using the name of Pacific Encounter although some of the crew had Princess badges on their uniforms.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ondine said:

Okay what's going on???

Star Princess/Pacific Encounter left Mexico 3 weeks ago bound for Manila but is now off the coast of Japan bound for Busan, Sth Korea.  Due there tomorrow.  Did the captain lose his way or do they do overhauls in Korea.  Maybe Singapore is too busy.

P&O Au put out a Christmas video using the name of Pacific Encounter although some of the crew had Princess badges on their uniforms.

That is interesting, time will tell what they are doing there before the fitout.

3 hours ago, possum52 said:

Disney Magic is docked at the eastern arm Dover, UK - photo courtesy of a Dover relative.

Image may contain: ocean, sky, outdoor and nature

Leigh

I have noticed that ship when they show vision in the news about the problems with the channel crossing. Now I know it's name. Thanks.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Talk of ships returning to US ports on other social media ( for porting not cruising yet)  - is this true?

I believe so.  They have to get CDA ready.  Quite a few are in US ports or on their way there.  There is a list on CDA website of how the ships are meeting the criteria.  This only for the ships which want to sail in US waters.  Long way to go yet.

8 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Crew????

I was thinking equipment or machinery etc.  Maybe for the refits, they have to do something about the air conditioning filters and other things to become COVID safe.  She was meant to go to Manila but altered course after passing Hawaii and went north west to Korea.  Now she is going to Singapore where the refits will be done I imagine.  It has added 10 days onto her voyage so must have been worth it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ondine said:

Star Princess has departed Busan and is now on her way to Singapore.  Due there 6th Jan.  Maybe she picked up something very large ?????

Korea is famous for a few things but maybe they were picking up a large consignment of socks and Kimchi.

9 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I am sure I have not seen many/any Korean crew on any ship I have been on

😆 don’t think it would be crew either - just threw it out there - because this ship will be refitted to P&O Aus standards - yes?

Here is the link to the CDC website which has a table of ships currently in US waters waiting to get permission.  Have to go down a bit to get to the table.  Apparently the first hoop they have to jump through is the one concerning transportation of crew.  There will be many more hoops to come - some not yet tabled.

On Marine traffic you can see them gathered around US ports.  There is finally some movement but a long way to go.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/crew-disembarkations-commercial-travel.html

Curious things happening with Pacific Encounter.  After sailing south for a day or so after leaving Korea she then abruptly turned north west and then south again and met up with Pacific Explorer who had apparently come to meet her.  
They are now both sailing together for Singapore.  Safety in numbers in the South China Sea ?????

• Like 1