Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

Just now, Porky55 said:

But isn’t that ruling for the USA? Why does it have to be 7 (seven) days here because it is  there?
We are not governed by the CDC in Aus - unfortunately I think we are governed by ABF and the Federal Govt though? 

Yes, sorry I should have said for USA.  I thought that was understood by reading the article.

5 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Yes, sorry I should have said for USA.  I thought that was understood by reading the article.

I understand that - read the article 👍 

Just would be interested to know how a CDC ruling could or would affect our return to cruising when we don’t currently have a similar body? 🤔

Sheer curiosity 🙄

Edited by Porky55

4 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Just would be interested to know how a CDC ruling could or would affect our return to cruising when we don’t currently have a similar body? 🤔

Sheer curiosity 🙄

I don't know the answer.  However, suspect cruise lines would be interested in CDC rulings in relation to cruising to places additional to the USA.  

I read that the CDC has issued this conditional to the cruise lines. 

However, there is still something like a CDC level 3 warning to passengers against cruising.  That is the sort of level where insurance companies are unlikely to issue policies.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

I read that the CDC has issued this conditional to the cruise lines. 

However, there is still something like a CDC level 3 warning to passengers against cruising.  That is the sort of level where insurance companies are unlikely to issue policies.

Availability of affordable travel insurance is going to be the key.  (You may have seen on the news that insurance has become unaffordable for some units in the north due to cost of repairing cyclone damage.)  

• Thanks 1

It is interesting..... almost none of cruise ship are registered in the US

and I believe that Canvinal is sort of based in Panama fro tax reason...

So the CDC   i thought would only be involved , with US people, ports and territorial waters....

This 7 day thing, from what I get the gist of things in most of the American based Cruises are round the  Caribbean and are less that 7 or less days, as well as being mega ships.... which skews the number showing Americans make up half the worlds cruise passengers....

Don

5 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

That is interesting.  Why do you think that is?

San Diego was where Eclipse and Millennium ended up when cruising was shut down. Eclipse had a 14 day non stop voyage from Chile which was not heavily reported but did have an outbreak that really didn't hit the news. Both ships were on their normal repositioning for the Alaska cruise season which was subsequently cancelled. I think they are trying to get something planned for Millennium in the Caribbean through the winter and then move her back to Vancouver for Alaska 2021.

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Thanks for posting, Holy Moly, some work has gone into that CDC document.  I reckon some cruise lines will find it too hard to comply., leading to their demise.

In the choice between complying, and going out of business, I think I can guess which side businesses would fall.

That said, some are operating under tighter frameworks at the moment e.g. more masks and face shields, and I don't see anything especially onerous in the new rules. This is a step towards recovery.

2 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Sheer curiosity 🙄

It doesn't, much. It will have some influence from the cruise lines and CLIA as a lobby case saying that they're complying with CDC guidelines which in the absence of anything else, shows they are compliant with another legislative framework.

However, just as with border closures and other things, the Australian government will decide how much influence that has on their own assessment (rather than be bound to follow it). 

1 minute ago, The_Big_M said:

It doesn't, much. It will have some influence from the cruise lines and CLIA as a lobby case saying that they're complying with CDC guidelines which in the absence of anything else, shows they are compliant with another legislative framework.

However, just as with border closures and other things, the Australian government will decide how much influence that has on their own assessment (rather than be bound to follow it). 

I reckon the Australian Govt will impose the CDC policy on the cruise operations here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Singapore and Manila Bay Cruise Ship Update - 22nd November 2020.

Anchored off Manila Bay:

• Majestic Princess
  • Ruby Princess
  • Crown Princess
  • Royal Princess
  • Sliver Muse
  • Costa Serena
  • Genting Dream
  • Caledonian Sky
  • Norwegian Joy
  • MS Charming aka Sea Princess

manila-bay-cruise-ships22112020.jpg

Anchored off Singapore:

• Radiance of the Seas
  • Celebrity Solstice
  • Diamond Princess
  • Carnival Splendor
  • Spectrum of the Seas (showing as Sat-AIS)
  • Crystal Symphony
  • Ovation Of the Seas
  • Carnival Spirit
  • Costa Venezia

singapore-cruise-ships22112020.jpg

singapore-cruise-ships2211202002.jpg

Note: Costa Mediterranea has gone for a run out to sea, so she is currently out of AIS range.

Sapphire Princess currently anchored off Galang Island, Singapore:

sapphireprincess22112020.jpg

Docked in / anchored off Singapore:

Golden Princess currently anchored off Singapore for resupply:

goldenprincess22112020.jpg

Quantum of the Seas docked in Singapore, ready to start her first cruise from Singapore:

quantumoftheseas22112020.jpg

Voyager of the Seas is currently alongside the wet dock at SembCorp Ship Yard, I guess for technical maintenance:

voyageroftheseas22112020.jpg

Pacific Explorer and Le Laperouse in dry dock for maintenance.

drydock-ships22112020.jpg

Crystal Serenity anchored off Port Kelang:

crystalserenity22112020.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Star Princess is on the move after spending several months near Panama.  She is going to Mexico but who knows what for.

Pacific Encounter current location is at North America West Coast (coordinates 8.38978 N / -84.84736 W) cruising at speed of 17.8 kn (33 kph/ 20 mph) en route to MANZANILLO. The AIS position was reported 16 minutes ago.

• Like 1

Singapore and Manila Bay Cruise Ship Update - 9th December 2020.

The big news of this month is that Majestic Princess and Royal Princess are off to the USA!.

Farewell Majestic Princess, hope to see you down-under in better times in the future 🙂

Hey!, Royal Princess, where are you going?! 🤣

majesticprincess06122020.jpg

royalprincess06122020.jpg

Anchored off Manila Bay:

• MS Charming aka Sea Princess
  • Genting Dream
  • Crown Princess
  • Ovation Of the Seas
  • Sapphire Princess
  • Costa Serena
  • Caledonian Sky
  • Ruby Princess

maullabay-cruise-ships.jpg

Anchored off Singapore:

• Crystal Symphony
  • Voyager of the Seas
  • Celebrity Solstice
  • Spectrum of the Seas
  • Radiance of the Seas
  • Carnival Spirit
  • Costa Venezia
  • Costa Mediterranea

singapore-cruise-ships.jpg
singapore-cruise-ships02.jpg

Diamond Princess anchored off Singapore for resupply:

diamondprincess.jpg

Carnival Splendor in dry dock for maintenance:

singapore-drydock.jpg

Golden Princess and Pacific Explorer currently anchored off Galang Island, Singapore:

galang.jpg

Next update will be around the 19 - 20th December 2020 and then keep your eye on this thread for a Special Christmas update around 24/25th December 2020. 🙂

• Like 2