Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

15 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

They shouldn't  be playing golf in the lockdown. It is not essential and takes longer than 1 hour of exercise.

I am not playing, but the club website says.., members can play golf but only in two somes.  Grey area.  No doubt someone will ring Crime Stoppers and report it.

7 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I am not playing, but the club website says.., members can play golf but only in two somes.  Grey area.  No doubt someone will ring Crime Stoppers and report it.

That is NSW Govt’s problem rules too vague.

I disagree, they are quite clear.   I just looked up the rules, there is no one hour limit on exercise or outdoor recreation, so golf is allowed as long as it is within a 10km radius of your home.  So I might have 9 holes later.

My daughter lives at Moruya, 35km down the highway, she can visit me as a care giver, I need some help sometimes, for I am a dinosaur.

Personally I think locking down ALL of Regional NSW is an overreaction.  Government is in panic mode.  If the numbers keep going up I reckon NSW Govt will give up like UK and USA where UK is still having over 30,000 new cases and 127 deaths per day and USA, 150,000 new cases a day with god knows how many deaths per day and NO lockdowns.   And cruises are operating from both USA and UK, I find that abhorrent. 

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

NZ was very brave and smart banning takeaways from their first outbreak.

All public playground equipment and exercise equipment were taped closed in Qld.

I can’t understand why Govts don’t run their proposed restrictions by people like OZKiwiJJ

who possesses common sense. She could save them a lot of heartache before the s hits the fan!!

Politicians are too busy pandering to their contributors to even think about using common sense. I'm not sure they even know what it is, except for Dan Andrews who seems to be the exception to the rule.

56 minutes ago, NSWP said:

There is probably less risk from two people having a round of golf together, especially if they walk the course or use separate golf carts, than two people running through suburban streets, breathing heavily and talking.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I disagree, they are quite clear.   I just looked up the rules, there is no one hour limit on exercise or outdoor recreation, so golf is allowed as long as it is within a 10km radius of your home.  So I might have 9 holes later.

My daughter lives at Moruya, 35km down the highway, she can visit me as a care giver, I need some help sometimes, for I am a dinosaur.

Personally I think locking down ALL of Regional NSW is an overreaction.  Government is in panic mode.  If the numbers keep going up I reckon NSW Govt will give up like UK and USA where UK is still having over 30,000 new cases and 127 deaths per day and USA, 150,000 new cases a day with god knows how many deaths per day and NO lockdowns.   And cruises are operating from both USA and UK, I find that abhorrent. 

Rules are vague. I thought exercise was to be within 5km of your home. If they were clear I wouldn’t have thought that. However I haven’t studied rules rushed out late afternoon for regions which could be different.  I just

watched all NSW press conference.

Aust can’t allow NSW to give up 

Agree with people who are caregivers to

be able to Visit.

When we got asked to leave the ship at Adelaide half way through our cruise we got back to NZ 12 hours to late to avoid the self quarantine so we had to stay home for 14 days while everybody just carried on as normal. We did get a couple of phone calls checking on us during those 2 weeks. A neighbor went and got us some milk and other essentials as we had nothing being away for a couple of weeks dropping them off at the front door and leaving. Then when that was over NZ went into a full lock down  with us only allowed to get food, petrol etc. The supermarkets had security only letting a certain number in at a time. We could order pizzas etc online with a no contact delivery

We did survive 😀

Edited by Thecat123
  • Like 1

Lockdown means people should be at home unless it is essential  to leave for the various  reasons. Instead people  are looking for loopholes and justification for the reasons they are not staying  at home. I suppose  I am frustrated as this will  drag on past Xmas, with lots of cases ike it is in the UK.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Thecat123 said:

When we got asked to leave the ship at Adelaide half way through our cruise we got back to NZ 12 hours to late to avoid the self quarantine so we had to stay home for 14 days while everybody just carried on as normal. We did get a couple of phone calls checking on us during those 2 weeks. Then when that was over NZ went into a full lock down  with us only allowed to get food, petrol etc. The supermarkets had security only letting a certain number in at a time. We could order pizzas etc online with a no contact delivery

We did survive 😀

You won’t forget that unexpected end to your cruise!

I think NZ did brilliantly controlling first outbreak. Delta is a whole new ballgame.

12 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Rules are vague. I thought exercise was to be within 5km of your home. If they were clear I wouldn’t have thought that. However I haven’t studied rules rushed out late afternoon for regions which could be different.  I just

be able to Visit.

5km for Greater Sydney from tomorrow for shopping and exercise, but no limit on how long you can exercise for.

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I can't believe those people didn't know that from Seattle ships are sailing fully vaccinated? I had read that a few weeks ago that Florida was possible to be unvaccinated and cruise but not Seattle. I was glad about that as I have family in Seattle all fully vaccinated but with this Delta variant was happy unvaccinated cruise passengers from hotspots around the country were not going too turn up to cruise to Alaska.

10 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

be able to Visit.

Each State can model its own rules re lockdowns, a lockdown for regional NSW might not have the same rules as say SE Qld or Melbourne or Greater Sydney.  I am 1km from the beach for a walk, 2.5km to the golf course, 5km into Batemans Bay CBD for essentials if I so desire it.  There are many isolated areas down here and they can do their shopping within their LGA, the nearest grocery shop could be 30km away.

8 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Lockdown means people should be at home unless it is essential  to leave for the various  reasons. Instead people  are looking for loopholes and justification for the reasons they are not staying  at home. I suppose  I am frustrated as this will  drag on past Xmas, with lots of cases ike it is in the UK.

Agreed. Some people are being very selfish.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Exactly. Qld CHO recommended people ask themselves before going out the door  is my going out really essential?  

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Each State can model its own rules re lockdowns, a lockdown for regional NSW might not have the same rules as say SE Qld or Melbourne or Greater Sydney.  I am 1km from the beach for a walk, 2.5km to the golf course, 5km into Batemans Bay CBD for essentials if I so desire it.  There are many isolated areas down here and they can do their shopping within their LGA, the nearest grocery shop could be 30km away.

You're allowed to go outside the limit for shopping if there are no shops within the limited area.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

You won’t forget that unexpected end to your cruise!

I think NZ did brilliantly controlling first outbreak. Delta is a whole new ballgame.

There is one thing I am glad we did was book our flights through Seabourn as the girls just went click click and there were our new flights. Saved a lot of drama trying to get hold of TAs or air lines with nobody answering the phones. Heard some horror stories

Edited by Thecat123

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Golf is not allowed in Victoria during lockdowns. 

The shopping limit in Victoria is 1 person per household, for 1 hour, once per day.

There are allowances outside the 5km zone. For example, if I need to go to Officeworks for work from home supplies, my nearest is about 7km.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Thecat123 said:

There is one thing I am glad we did was book our flights through Seabourn as the girls just went click click and there were our new flights. Saved a lot of drama trying to get hold of TAs or air lines with nobody answering the phones. Heard some horror stories

Good tip!  I picked up that advantage of booking flights through cruise lines following all those people who had to find their flights home when ships stopped mid cruise. I can well imagine you heard first hand of problems passengers experienced.

16 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

The shopping limit in Victoria is 1 person per household, for 1 hour, once per day.

There are allowances outside the 5km zone. For example, if I need to go to Officeworks for work from home supplies, my nearest is about 7km.

It's 1 person per household in NSW as well but no time limit thank goodness. It usually takes me just over an hour to do mine as I have to go to two different parts of Lane Cove. When we could both go shopping together we could do it in under an hour as it was more efficient with two of us.

4 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Good tip!  I picked up that advantage of booking flights through cruise lines following all those people who had to find their flights home when ships stopped mid cruise. I can well imagine you heard first hand of problems passengers experienced.

There was one couple who we talked to from London

The last I heard they were flying to Sydney then trying to get their London friends to go into a London TA or the local airline in person to try and get new flights from there

What annoyed me the most was the way the staff on the ship were spoken to or treated as if it was Seabourns fault and there was lots of that