Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

2 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

I often wonder what it would have been like if one wasn't retied or having debts.....

So on that front... we are doing great.....     I can just remember what it is like to go out for a meal..

Don

Yes, being retired has reduced some of the stress associated with this pandemic, thank goodness.

I miss going out for meals too. Getting takeaway, even if it's from restaurants we would have normally gone to for a meal out, just doesn't seem the same. Still good food but we're not getting that change of scene.

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

but we're not getting that change of scene.

That is it in a nutshell..... normally we would go away every few months.... and once it past over a year a home....  it a being like a caged tiger.... at least we got to boroka downs at Halls Gap for a week and  a couple of months ago to Apollo Bay for over 3 weeks ( but were not welcome at the Hotels as we were from Melbourne ( I understand their caution ))

But a change from the routine is important particularity for those of us who are retied 

Don

25 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I don't think any of us thought it would be this bad.😥

Are you coping OK?

Apart from being stuck at home in lockdown like everybody else.. all good,( thank you for asking.)

Fortunately  I do the cruise work as my retirement “fun” job and do not rely on it financially apart from some “extra” cruise money,but seeing there are no cruises to go on, it is not a problem 😂😂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Still good food but we're not getting that change of scene.

My mum is going stir crazy😬. The last time she went to the shops she looked at the packed up food court and said she just wanted so badly to sit there and eat her take away. She's sick of her kitchen🙁

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

My mum is going stir crazy😬. The last time she went to the shops she looked at the packed up food court and said she just wanted so badly to sit there and eat her take away. She's sick of her kitchen🙁

I understand.... by mum is now 95, and all these Lockdown and no going to holiday, has ended her life of going out... she is concerned if it is like this for another year,,, she might not be going anywhere..

Don

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Might I suggest some home delivery meals from restaurants or food suppliers?

• Thanks 1

On 8/12/2021 at 8:44 AM, NSWP said:

Might I suggest some home delivery meals from restaurants or food suppliers?

It is less about the food and more about being able to go out somewhere even if it is only the shopping centre food court😆 My mum is just sick of being stuck at home😔

Edited by ilikeanswers
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

It is less about the food and more about being able to go out somewhere even if it is only the shopping centre food court😆 My mum is just sick of being stuck at home😔

Picnic in the park?

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Picnic in the park?

1 hour ago, boeckli said:

Not allowed!

Yes it is indeed a problem finding things to do during a lockup after a certain age. If we were younger we could fill in the time without any problem at all. 😉

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Picnic in the park?

Love the enthusiasm of suggestions 🤗 however apart from not being allowed, our five km radius doesn't have picnic parks. We have lots of playgrounds and sports grounds but they don't have tables and chairs for eating at🙄. For some places the 5km limit can be really limiting😬

Edited by ilikeanswers

46 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Love the enthusiasm of suggestions 🤗 however apart from not being allowed, our five km radius doesn't have picnic parks. We have lots of playgrounds and sports grounds but they don't have tables and chairs for eating at🙄. For some places the 5km limit can be really limiting😬

Take your own folding chairs and tables, cheap enough at K Mart or Big W, and head for the nearest bit of grass, lol. Above all, enjoy.

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

Lockdown means stay at home unless it is essential to leave for the various reasons. I am sure picnicking is not one of them.

But in lockdown areas you could have the picnic on your own grass, lol.

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Take your own folding chairs and tables, cheap enough at K Mart or Big W, and head for the nearest bit of grass, lol. Above all, enjoy.

LOL thanks again but I don't think my mum could carry all that to the nearest park😂, she can't drive so it has to be walkable plus she lives in a tiny flat there would be nowhere to store that equipment. I appreciate the brainstorming hopefully these suggestions will work for someone else👍

5 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

LOL thanks again but I don't think my mum could carry all that to the nearest park😂, she can't drive so it has to be walkable plus she lives in a tiny flat there would be nowhere to store that equipment. I appreciate the brainstorming hopefully these suggestions will work for someone else👍

Does she live on her own? 

If so, is there a single friend nearby that she could pair with for singles visits? Then they could take turns having lunch or afternoon tea at each other's homes.

7 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Does she live on her own? 

If so, is there a single friend nearby that she could pair with for singles visits? Then they could take turns having lunch or afternoon tea at each other's homes.

Unfortunately no. The friends in the 10km radius are married. The single one is 15km away so can't qualify. 

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

Unfortunately no. The friends in the 10km radius are married. The single one is 15km away so can't qualify. 

I was just reading that unless they are in an LGA of concern the single bubble is not distance restricted 

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

All of NSW to go into one week lockdown from 5pm today.

So all those ACT idiots that stuck out to the coast prior to our lockdown, are now stuck there.

I bet Kings Hwy is chocka block now westbound Mic.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

All of NSW to go into one week lockdown from 5pm today.

So all those ACT idiots that stuck out to the coast prior to our lockdown, are now stuck there.

I must admit I’d rather be locked down at a beach house at the Beach for a week than ACT.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I must admit I’d rather be locked down at a beach house at the Beach for a week than ACT.

I got my big Woollies home delivery on Thursday and went to see Uncle Dan yesterday, I will survive, lol.

Many down here will not handle this, too car dependent.  I am not sure if the ACT people who arrived here in the past couple of days will stay here or make a run for it.

Edited by NSWP

19 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I got my big Woollies home delivery on Thursday and went to see Uncle Dan yesterday, I will survive, lol.

Many down here will not handle this, too car dependent.  I am not sure if the ACT people who arrived here in the past couple of days will stay here or make a run for it.

My beach house always had beds made and cupboards fully stocked so I could survive well for a week without shopping.

lucky you got your big Woollies home delivery Thursday.  I wouldn’t be going out of the house. 

48 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

My beach house always had beds made and cupboards fully stocked so I could survive well for a week without shopping.

lucky you got your big Woollies home delivery Thursday.  I wouldn’t be going out of the house. 

Can still go out local for groceries, chemist or a walk etc. Won't worry me too much as I have a quiet life these days anyway. Only downer is the golf club is closed from 5pm, so no lunches or dinners there for a while. Members can play golf though.  Plenty of restaurants, cafes will be doing takeaways. Being a holiday town we have several takeaways, Chinese, Indian, Thai, seafood etc, all within 5 minutes from me. They will do well out of the lockdown, just with locals patronising.  We don't have Uber Eats and most takeaways don't deliver, except Dominos Pizza.

Bit of traffic on Princes Hwy at Batemans Bay, probably Canberrans going home. From live traffic camera, looking northbound, about 1km south of the new bridge.

princeshwy_batemans.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1