Refund Show UP?

babydaryl24

i spoke to my ncl cruise consultant this morning. it is my understanding and i believe it was posted elsewhere that on march 23rd all will be directed to fill out a form on the ncl website to request either a cash refund or cruise credit. i have also previously readif ncl doesnt hear from you they will automatically give you 125% cruise credit.

having also read quite a number of posts, it appears that many cruisers are livid about the treatment they have received from ncl.  since i have never felt that norwegian was a fountain of generosity, i can only speculate and worry what they will do if an overwhelming majority of their customers demand the cash back.

hope this helps

• Like 1

I think refunds are going to be a very very long time.  I started a refund for a cruse next certificate on March 6 well before any of this madness started.  They told me it could take 14 days.  Its about 13 days and no refund for something as simple as $250 before all the cancellations.

• Like 1

We were on the August sailing that was effected by Dorian.   Ended up disembarking in New Orleans instead of Miami.   Had to get flights from there.  We were reimbursed $300 pp by check and that took 3 months.  Imagine cash refunds will take longer now due to magnitude.   Credits to credit cards would probably be faster

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mnsweeps said:

babydaryl,  what do u mean completely? I cancelled on Mar 6 and still no credits show on my 2 credit cards.

I just called NCL and they said I should see refund in 7 - 10 business days ...and she confirmed I should get it by this Friday Mar 20... who knows.. I will wait till Friday then..

Booked through that Big Box Company.  Had an email within 24hrs of NCL announcement.  Clicked on the link and filled out a short form.  Emailed that back.  Had full refund a couple days ago.  

However,  we had booked shore excursions through NCL website and paid for those several months ago.  That has not shown up.  I don't blame the TA company as they had nothing to do with shore excursions but NCL could at least acknowledge they are working on it.   

3 minutes ago, Lineaway said:

Booked through that Big Box Company.  Had an email within 24hrs of NCL announcement.  Clicked on the link and filled out a short form.  Emailed that back.  Had full refund a couple days ago.  

However,  we had booked shore excursions through NCL website and paid for those several months ago.  That has not shown up.  I don't blame the TA company as they had nothing to do with shore excursions but NCL could at least acknowledge they are working on it.   

Can you post timeline of when you cancelled and when you got credit on your credit card? and the form you filled was from NCL or your TA?

Last Saturday 3/14 in the AM received an Email from (Big Box Co. TA) stating our 3/29 Getaway cruise was cancelled ( there was a snippet of what NCL had sent out in an email that was attached detailing the offer of 125 percent of a FCC or full refund).  There was a link that took me to an online form to fill out then hit submit.  Very easy.  Spoke to my wife yesterday and she said she forgot to tell me but our credit card showed the refund minus the shore excursions.  My impression was it had posted a day prior.  

I'm still waiting for the prepaid DSC I cancelled on 3/9 to show up on our card.  They said 7-10 business days for that.

Still trying to decide whether to get refund or 125% FCC for the 4/5 Encore they cancelled.  We have to wait until 3/23 for the form to request refund.  

On 3/16/2020 at 11:54 PM, babydaryl24 said:

Anyone who asked for a cash refund last week  or the week before, have it show up?

Are you referring to FCC under Peace of Mind or rather someone who canceled before cruise payment due date?  Or are you referring to canceled extras on a booking?

Edited by poffles

5 hours ago, poffles said:

Are you referring to FCC under Peace of Mind or rather someone who canceled before cruise payment due date?  Or are you referring to canceled extras on a booking?

Exactly what I typed... a "CASH REFUND"... Previous to the Peace of Mind...

• Like 1

I cancelled additional services on Sunday 8th March and received refund to credit card yesterday. One thing missing but their customer care is now sorting it out with their finance department.

Update on the Shore Excursions refund.  I was finally able to call today as I am off work and had the time.  You have to call the Shore Excursion dept. not NCL directly.  Its a different number and almost impossible to find on their website.1 866 625 1167 if you need it.  

They told me no refunds will be processed before Monday the 23rd.  Seems odd I got a full refund on the cruise and not shore excursions.  Lady said they can't access the reservations until then.  My BS meter was pegged by then but its their rules and I may be stuck.  

2 minutes ago, ronheg said:

We cancelled on 3/5.  Still no credit to our cc.  I think we will “dispute the charge”. With our cc company since the original cruise charge is on this month’s billing cycle.

Cancelled 3/6 and no credit on CC. I am also going the 'dispute the charge' option. The Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA) lays out consumers' rights to dispute credit card issuers' charges: Consumers have 60 days from the time they receive their credit card bill to dispute a charge with a card issuer. ... If a good or service was not delivered, that charge can be disputed.

In our case, the service was not delivered as it was cancelled within a reasonable time as agreed upon by the merchant(NCL).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zippeedee said:

March 5 was only a couple of weeks ago. On a good day when they only have problems with one ship the credits and refunds can take a few months. You are just delaying them further by adding a credit card inquiry to the mess.

So by your logic, with the massive amounts of cancellations, NCL should have 6-12 months or more to refund YOUR money?  In our modern age, taking a few months to refund anything is not only ridiculous but unethical.

3 hours ago, Zippeedee said:

March 5 was only a couple of weeks ago. On a good day when they only have problems with one ship the credits and refunds can take a few months. You are just delaying them further by adding a credit card inquiry to the mess.

Wrong.. Big time wrong. I have been traveling for past 28 years and visited many countries around the world... I have used Air, train, ships, buses etc for transportation and stayed at thousands of hotels around the globe. Not a single trip cancelation has resulted in a 2 weeks delay in refund. The maximum credit delay was 5 days when I had to cancel a trip to India and Spain a few years back.  Taking 2 weeks delay under any circumstance Covid19 or not is unethical and outright criminal. 

• Like 2