Error 9004 When Trying to Pay Balance Online

jh1809

I've just tried to pay my balance on a future cruise. It's due to depart in late June and the balance is due by 25th March. I suspect that the cruise is almost sure to be cancelled, but I figure that I'm likely to get a better deal from P&O if they are the ones to cancel it rather than me doing so. So I logged in, entered my credit card info and pressed the big "button" to make the payment. But it came up with "Error 9004" in red type. Has anyone ever had this and so knows what it means? Thanks.

Never had that problem at all paying online to P&O. The only thing I can think is that they know they'll be cancelling and won't  need you to pay the balance. They'll have to refund you more than you pay to them because of their new refund policy. Just a guess.

Avril 

19 minutes ago, jh1809 said:

I've just tried to pay my balance on a future cruise. It's due to depart in late June and the balance is due by 25th March. I suspect that the cruise is almost sure to be cancelled, but I figure that I'm likely to get a better deal from P&O if they are the ones to cancel it rather than me doing so. So I logged in, entered my credit card info and pressed the big "button" to make the payment. But it came up with "Error 9004" in red type. Has anyone ever had this and so knows what it means? Thanks.

I kept getting an error message whilst trying to download the e-tickets for our forthcoming, presumably soon to be cancelled cruise.  Can't remember what the error code was, but there was some commentary that it couldn't be accessed due tgo heavy traffic and to try again.

Tried later and success.  Probably totally useless, but I'll keep the pdf files for posterity.

14 minutes ago, chris11256 said:

I'm having the same problem tonight. Trying to pay the balance for G009 and it just errors. Online research suggests 9004 is an SQL(database) error. I've tweeted P&O and await a response.

It’s probably cruises that are cancelled and they’ve taken off their system. They just haven’t told any of us yet.

Shirlthesinger...I think what was mentioned meant that if they cancel now then they just get their deposit back, but if they pay up now and P & O cancel then they will get a better deal, perhaps refunds and future cruise credits.  I

I may be wrong.

46 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Shirlthesinger...I think what was mentioned meant that if they cancel now then they just get their deposit back, but if they pay up now and P & O cancel then they will get a better deal, perhaps refunds and future cruise credits.  I

I may be wrong.

I think Shirlthesinger means that the balance isnt due for another week. 

2 hours ago, Les_ldh said:

It’s probably cruises that are cancelled and they’ve taken off their system. They just haven’t told any of us yet.

The mushrooms are last to be told!

P&O advertising on the TV this evening!

Management are fine in good times, but in IMHO crap in crisis management.

April 10th shambles following shambles.

Bite the bullet nothing until maybe September.

Stop P-----g about!

Locked down so do not care!

11 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

9004 usually indicates that some data is screwed up within the database, possibly the indexing.

was there any wording with the error ?

No. It just said "Error 9004" or possibly "Error code 9004".

To answer someone else, I doubt that P&O would be cancelling a cruise not due to depart till late June just yet, as every refund they have to make will worsen their financial position.

My thanks to chris11256. It's good to know that it's not just me who is having the problem and so it's not some error that I've made.

9 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

The mushrooms are last to be told!

P&O advertising on the TV this evening!

Management are fine in good times, but in IMHO crap in crisis management.

April 10th shambles following shambles.

Bite the bullet nothing until maybe September.

Stop P-----g about!

Locked down so do not care!

I hope your lock down is voluntary  Mercury.  Stay well.

Avril 

36 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Thank you, not really, but our choices are limited.

Keep Safe

Keep posting. It'll help with the boredom. There are a few loonies on here to make you smile. 😉

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 2