for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

My body told me to wake up at 6am on Wednesday.  Got to see a big plane fly off into oblivion (actually to Florida).  My body hated waking up, but my heart loved it.  Spent all day watching the New Show.  A little too early for an adult beverage.  I did shed a few tears, for VP and for the amazing young woman Amanda Gorman.  And, kudos to Lady Gaga for a beautiful straight up version of the National Anthem.   Garth Brooks vs Andrea Bocelli on an acapella "Amazing Grace" was an good comparison in showing how any type of music style goes well with that song.  And, at the end of the night, Katy Perry singing "Firework" to all those fireworks was just perfect.  Ended up staying awake until probably about 1am watching Chris and Don.   

Slept in today.  But I have lots of laundry and dishes to do today.   I just got back from picking up some groceries.  I was going to drive down to TJs, but I decided to stay local.

OOTD:  My new tie dye hoodie tunic (or short dress) with light leggings and my Uggs boots.  Perfect for running around town  I really wish I could wear it to work!!!  It is probably a little too "out there" for that.  Mine has more pink and yellow in it:  (NOTE: this is NOT me)

Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 2.26.13 PM.png

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 3

Sherrie - what kind of pizza do you like?  Join the "321 Flavor: Where Brevard Eats" FB page.  You'll find plenty of good recommendations.  Genna in Melbourne gets good reviews. NY style.  I just saw one for a place in Suntree with outdoor seating: Manny's Cucina.  Wood-fired. 

Have you tried Frigates yet for brunch/lunch/dinner?  Right on the water in Melbourne.  I have heard lots of good things about the Bearded Chef.  I have a whole bunch of places that I want to try - just have to wait for travel to Florida to be safe (for me).  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Sherrie - what kind of pizza do you like?  Join the "321 Flavor: Where Brevard Eats" FB page.  You'll find plenty of good recommendations.  Genna in Melbourne gets good reviews. NY style.  I just saw one for a place in Suntree with outdoor seating: Manny's Cucina.  Wood-fired. 

Have you tried Frigates yet for brunch/lunch/dinner?  Right on the water in Melbourne.  I have heard lots of good things about the Bearded Chef.  I have a whole bunch of places that I want to try - just have to wait for travel to Florida to be safe (for me).  

We like Chicago style pizza and you don’t typically find that at most of the pizza restaurants around here.  I looked at Genna’s  menu on line today and they have one so we may give them a try.   We’ve been to Frigate several times for dinner, my favorite part of eating there is the lovely outdoor dining area on the water.  Food is ok but nothing special or amazing.  Their brunch menu does look interesting, I would like to try that.   I have enjoyed everything I’ve tried from the Bearded Chef!

Sherri🙂

Hi Ladies, first off a belated happy birthday to Melody!  i hope your day was wonderful :)   

Purple hays, congrats on your first shot :)  (& to everyone else who's started theirs)

the memorial on Tuesday was so beautiful & fitting,  & then of course Wednesday was great, but what made me cry (happy tears) was to see the press conferences on Thursday with science & truth :)

had an exciting week of a few phone calls from the trial clinic, my husband got unblinded yesterday, & he's fully vaccinated (we kind of knew this already)  so he's been fully protected since about mid October....  they will unblind me on Feb 3rd or 4th with my vaccine on the 5th :)  My Daughter will get hers on Feb 1st :)

Current outfit:  wearing grey sweatpants (amazon)  & a very big super soft hooded sweatshirt from a company called Oom & Ahh  :)  it's freezing here & raining 

• Like 1

Good morning girls............I am not on any list.  And no reason for me to think I will be getting

a shot anytime soon as Florida is doing the "65 and older group" (which is a BIG part of our

population).  I do keep up with following the news on it  but have not heard a word about when the rest of us will be able to sign up.  

That will probably be 2 to 4 months away...........

• Like 1

6 hours ago, awhfy said:

We’re on so many vaccine lists but haven’t heard a word, pretty irritating 

I am so frustrated for you & my in laws...  they are in their 80's with every co-morbidity you could list, & are unable to get appointments...  I'm spending every free moment on the computer & different vaccine apps trying to find them any appointment, anywhere....   I check at midnight each night when new dates should open, but they instantly show full.  

I was able to find an appointment for my mom about a two hour drive from us tomorrow.   I pretty much bullied her into agreeing to get it.... my shebang will take her tomorrow since he's vaccinated.  Made her promise to wear a mask :)

sorry about my rant...  I know everyone is frustrated with how the roll out is going..

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

I am so frustrated for you & my in laws...  they are in their 80's with every co-morbidity you could list, & are unable to get appointments...  I'm spending every free moment on the computer & different vaccine apps trying to find them any appointment, anywhere....   I check at midnight each night when new dates should open, but they instantly show full.  

Same with my parents in Florida (88 and 94 yrs). My sister is trying valiantly but so far the only openings have been for places requiring long waits in line, which they just are not able to do at their age. There should be a better way for the frail elderly!

• Like 1

So much frustration everywhere trying to get an appointment for the vaccine.  Since this is a two shot process, there’s that to deal with too. Apparently not every county is assigning return appointments. Too bad that there isn’t more of a standardized  process.

Edited by purduemom1
  • Like 2

The roll out is extremely frustrating considering how much lead time there was to set things up.  I understand not knowing how many doses each state would get, but there was so much time to get organized.  No excuses for lines, appointments (and ways to set them up) should have been should have been started and adjusted for the numbers of doses received.

Da**** governmental agencies.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Same with my parents in Florida (88 and 94 yrs). My sister is trying valiantly but so far the only openings have been for places requiring long waits in line, which they just are not able to do at their age. There should be a better way for the frail elderly!

Right, & I keep saying what about the ones who don't have someone to do the computer & app stuff for them, or someone to drive them...

• Like 1

Here in UT, I've been pushed back by at least a month for a possibility of vaccine.  Until a couple of days ago, I was in the 'FEB-MAR' group.  But, it is now just March to get started.  We have so little vaccine anyway that it's all gone and everyone has to wait until the State can beg and get more to finish the January group.  

Some covidiots at the condos this weekend.  Brazenly ignoring our pleads to put on masks, it's frustrating to all ends.  Fortunately, the worst offenders, a group of 4 couples, departed today.  No new arrivals until Wednesday, so it should be mellow.  Right now, it's mostly owners staying put.  

OOTD:  Since it was just the 3 of us and no boss, I was coerced into dressing total slouch.  I couldn't go total slouch, but I did a pretty good job:  Lululemon camo joggers and Athleta oversized hoodie sweater and my Chacos.  One said no matter what I do I always look classy.  It was just funny.  I couldn't bring myself to wear a beanie with the pom on top - that would have been just too much.  Tomorrow it's just me and the boss so I have to go back to just casual - leggings, a shirt, and one of my Athleta wraps.  I will say that I felt all comfy and cozy all day - I could have taken a nap on one of the lobby couches!!!  

Later!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

The roll out is extremely frustrating considering how much lead time there was to set things up.  I understand not knowing how many doses each state would get, but there was so much time to get organized.  No excuses for lines, appointments (and ways to set them up) should have been should have been started and adjusted for the numbers of doses received.

Da**** governmental agencies.

I could not agree with you more, there does not appear that much,  if any, planning on how to give the vaccine was done.  Our county seemed very surprised and overwhelmed by the number of people who wanted to get it.  Their original plan for signing up was to call the county health department, that fell apart immediately.  With a senior population of about 150,000,  one county commissioner was quoted as saying they did not expect so many to be calling!  Our 89 year old neighbors have not been able to get an appointment, we have tried to help them when we get an alert saying appointments are open but nothing so far.  It is incredibly frustrating.  

OOTD: Today is our first warm day in weeks, temp is supposed to get up to 80, so I think we may spend some time over at the beach, I will be in swimsuit and cover up for most of the day.😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

I finally managed to get appointments for my in laws :)   it's a drive through super pod site, but not sure how long they will have to wait even though they have appointment times,  Steve is going to drive them & just load up dad's wheelchair for just in case...  their appointments are Wednesday morning, keeping fingers crossed that it will go smoothly!   If it works out, Wednesday night might be my first real night of sleep in a while lol ;)

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

I finally managed to get appointments for my in laws 🙂   it's a drive through super pod site, but not sure how long they will have to wait even though they have appointment times,  Steve is going to drive them & just load up dad's wheelchair for just in case...  their appointments are Wednesday morning, keeping fingers crossed that it will go smoothly!   If it works out, Wednesday night might be my first real night of sleep in a while lol 😉

Congratulations! 🥂

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

I finally managed to get appointments for my in laws 🙂   it's a drive through super pod site, but not sure how long they will have to wait even though they have appointment times,  Steve is going to drive them & just load up dad's wheelchair for just in case...  their appointments are Wednesday morning, keeping fingers crossed that it will go smoothly!   If it works out, Wednesday night might be my first real night of sleep in a while lol 😉

Debbie, it sounds  like your persistence paid off! Newsom has all sorts of big plans for vaccine distribution. Said more details tomorrow. He did not address the issue of vaccine supply and the need for reliable expectation of vaccine shipments. Counties say it’s very difficult to plan and schedule clinics without knowing this.

I certainly agree that not only should there be a nation wide blueprint for all of this but the major details should have been planned out months ago!
Sharon

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Yay!!!  I'd have Steve take 2 umbrellas also, in case they have to wait in the sun at all.

Totally different:  I am the finder of lost things apparently.  I found a mis-delivered box that held a Hermes bag for an owner, I found a Gucci handbag an owner left at the door as she was running to her limo to go home, I found the car keys to an owner's car that he keeps here.  

I loaned a guest $20 so she could tip our ski valet (we don't have a cash drawer).  She said she'd pay ne back tonight when she gets back (we worked out a place to "hide" it).  Good ole' "above and beyond" came out.

And, found out that our maintenance guy does indeed have COVID.  First he was quarantined because his wife had it.  Then, days later, he popped positive.  Sigh.  

OOTD:  black Woolx leggings, my old Mountain Hardware grey/black stripe hoodie shirt, my company puffer vest.   

Eating my dinner - Panda Express, firecracker chicken & kung pao chicken.  Lots of veggies with chicken (not breaded).  What I needed tonight.  

• Like 2

Sherri & Sharon thank you!  My mom got her first shot today...  had to bully her into it lol ;)   my husband drove her since he's vaccinated...  funny thing is it started snowing when she was getting it...  my kids & I had a good laugh with some h**l freezing over lol ;)   

& yes, a much better system is needed 

• Like 2

Good morning girls,  Debbie, great news about the shot for your family.

Kat, I think you mentioned something about this a while back but wanted to bring it back.

For any of you interested, CNN is having a special next month about Italy and the food it

offers😀 starring Stanley Tucci....Searching for Italy.  It is a 6 part series that starts on

Feb 14th and it looks like it is going to be really fun and interesting!  Tuscany, Sicily, Rome,

Milan, Naples and Bologna are included. 

• Like 2

We have appts for the vaccine!  February 2 for both of us. We each have a time slot at our local Safeway grocery store (like a Publix, Albertsons, etc). Our daughter found the link last night & I was able to make both of our appts in under 2 minutes. This after spending almost 2 hours on the phone yesterday trying to get an appointment. 

• Like 1