P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

52 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We are sitting watching the coronation.

What a marvelous experience.

Our breakfast this morning.

Paulines late dad was a soldier on guard on the mall for the Queen's coronation.

IMG_20230506_101657.jpg

Not arranged as a smiley face? Very disappointing.

• Haha 2

Just now, Presto2 said:

Have to admit we are watching now and mesmerised by all the symbolism ! 

I have to admit, the singing of Zadok the Priest was always going to be my highlight. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

It’s pouring with rain here so no gardening, so inside dipping in out of the ceremony, it would be quicker if they dropped some of the religious stuff. 😉

Does go on a bit doesn't it.😁

• Like 1

Well whilst I am watching it at home with rain teeming down, my sister sends me a message that she is in a bar in Kos watching some of the ceremony, 5 mins later get a message from my son who arrived in Japan on holiday yesterday to say he and his girlfriend are watching in Kyoto. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We are sitting watching the coronation.

What a marvelous experience.

Our breakfast this morning.

Paulines late dad was a soldier on guard on the mall for the Queen's coronation.

IMG_20230506_101657.jpg

Breakfast table fit for a King!😊

• Thanks 1

Have to admit ... wasn't going to watch it but we have and still are. An amazing procession ... I can't imagine how they've coordinated that. Incredible and thank goodness all seems to have gone off with everyone safe. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

It’s pouring with rain here so no gardening, so inside dipping in out of the ceremony, it would be quicker if they dropped some of the religious stuff. 😉

The religious element goes back 1000  years whether the modern world likes it or not. I think it is a refreshing change in the secular world we live in. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Have to admit ... wasn't going to watch it but we have and still are. An amazing procession ... I can't imagine how they've coordinated that. Incredible and thank goodness all seems to have gone off with everyone safe. 

An amazing and memorable day. I got wordle in 2.

• Haha 5

Lovely royal breakfast graham and il expect you have afternoon tea ready as well enjoy your few days with Sarah and give Pauline my love 😍 

just finished watching the coronation and all the services lined up in the gardens of Buckingham palace and it brought back memories of when we went to see the queen for a garden tea party and had cucumber and mint sandwiches and lovely they were and how simple they were, lashings of tea and little chocolate cakes with a gold crown on , just walking through those arches and then inside with the huge staircases, the time went by so quickly, but cherished the moment.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Watched the service on the coach from Basingstoke to London on my oh's phone.Just managed to see the crowning as we pulled into Victoria around midday.Streets and tube quite empty.Everyone must have been a few hundred yards away round the corner.Home by 1.30.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Watched the service on the coach from Basingstoke to London on my oh's phone.Just managed to see the crowning as we pulled into Victoria around midday.Streets and tube quite empty.Everyone must have been a few hundred yards away round the corner.Home by 1.30.

We were on the motorway bridge at Lightwater. We were waving our flags at the coaches. Apparently someone famous was en route for that London. 🤣

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Well I watched some of it. I'm not their greatest fan, but am glad it went off OK. Millions watched a great spectacle and I hope it was all they hoped for. We do things like that quite well,don't we.

• Like 7