P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

11 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

UK became a non member, so the EU trading regulations between the EU and Non EU Countries were applicable. . Copy existing non EU documentation software, tweek, job d9ne

So in summary your contention is that it was all extremely easy and could be achieved in the one week before the change.  So all these business in the U.K. and Germany and NI who are struggling simply lack planning skills/ can’t complete paperwork/ lack initiative. Nothing else.

Interesting perspective but not one which would be universally agreed with by these business I would surmise.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

So in summary your contention is that it was all extremely easy and could be achieved in the one week before the change.  So all these business in the U.K. and Germany and NI who are struggling simply lack planning skills/ can’t complete paperwork/ lack initiative. Nothing else.

Interesting perspective but not one which would be universally agreed with by these business I would surmise.

Well said - if only Teso had employed Port Royal, all their shops in Northern Ireland would be full!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Eglesbrech said:

Port Royal is entitled to his / her point of view and has provided some interesting insight.

Of course he is. It just seems to me that if things were as easy as he makes it out, why have so many major companies both in the UK and EU experienced such severe problems? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Sorry - got me there. What is an ERT in this context?

We used it Where I worked Wowzz it was used through the warehouse Electronic Real Time Transfer system . Only as good as what is put into it I may add ,

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Of course he is. It just seems to me that if things were as easy as he makes it out, why have so many major companies both in the UK and EU experienced such severe problems? 

I would agree with you but I also find it interesting to hear other points of view, particularly if someone clearly has some relevant knowledge on the subject.

You perhaps made it a bit too personal IMO.

14 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Sorry - got me there. What is an ERT in this context?

The interior of an ERT becomes the “border” between Countries, then any specific product documentation problems are resolved within the Warehouse, without detaining the truck or it’s other contents.  Computerised network distribution systems are then utilised effectively ie SAP etc.

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

How did they know what they would have to do? 

The EU/ U.K. negotiators did not know what the outcome would be until they had one and that was as you say, down to the wire time wise.

Had they been fully prepared for a no deal and the documentation that would require, which should have been known, I feel sure that the resultant paperwork requirements would have been fully covered.  Or am I missing something?

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Had they been fully prepared for a no deal and the documentation that would require, which should have been known, I feel sure that the resultant paperwork requirements would have been fully covered.  Or am I missing something?

Perhaps you are not but it would seem that many, many, many organisations both large and small here and in Europe clearly were. Seems such a shame they all made the same errors and all at the one time too. Go figure.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Perhaps you are not but it would seem that many, many, many organisations both large and small here and in Europe clearly were. Seems such a shame they all made the same errors and all at the one time too. Go figure.

Companies did not make the errors, employees did.

27 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

What’s your take on all this Kalos?

Yes Wowzz a bit like SAP  , put your manifest number , pallet weight dimensions etc , amongst other things more so if it was going via bonded to USA. I did most of the prep work and my workmate would do the PC work to be fair .

I think companies /truck drivers were left out to dry and were always heading for problems with the logistic side of it . European and UK companies were not told the new compliances that should be met and how could they when the negotiators had not agreed what they were going to be?

Common Sense tells me that a fish transporter/exporter would never send a 40ft artic wagon hundreds of miles to Dover "hoping it would be ok " risking reputation and thousands of pounds .

As you say everyone has an opinion and this is just mine .

Edited by kalos
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Companies did not make the errors, employees did.

I'm sorry, you've list me there. Are you saying that all the documentation was in place, but the employees just didn't use it correctly? 

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

I'm sorry, you've list me there. Are you saying that all the documentation was in place, but the employees just didn't use it correctly? 

Sorry, one has no knowledge regarding the staff readiness of each individual company, and if, or not, documentation software was in place.  Therefore, unable to answer your question.

• Haha 1