Azamara Cruisers - How are things where YOU are

Grandma Cruising

Our grandson hopes Santa might call at Grandma and Grandpa’s so he makes sure there is a sack with his name under our tree decorated with decorations bought from all around the world.  It’s a story of 30 years travelling. 
Wishing everyone a very happy and warm Christmas- the midnight bells have just rung here

9153267B-58BE-4077-BCE7-0FB9CE2B710A.jpeg

• Like 12

We thought we had passed on the Christmas Open House duties to our daughter, now that she has a house [just as we got them from DW's mother when we got a house], but DD is sick so – as of this afternoon – we are hosting on a few hours' notice!  But my DW is so amazing that I'm sure it will be wonderful!  [And I will do the one thing she asks of me – "stay out of my kitchen!!!"]  Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.  🎄

• Like 10

Just finished our Christmas dinner after two days filled with reviving our house, shoveling snow, grocery shopping, and unsuccessfully trying "Azamara-like" cooking after coming back from AZ Caribbean cruise right into the snow storm 🙂 Merry Christmas everyone! IMG_20221224_211750.thumb.jpg.b3330c5ee990f4eacee894b18bdebe90.jpg

• Like 11

13 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

We thought we had passed on the Christmas Open House duties to our daughter, now that she has a house [just as we got them from DW's mother when we got a house], but DD is sick so – as of this afternoon – we are hosting on a few hours' notice!  But my DW is so amazing that I'm sure it will be wonderful!  [And I will do the one thing she asks of me – "stay out of my kitchen!!!"]  Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.  🎄

Oh dear our Christmas was also completely cancelled due to ill health all round. Luckily the little one doesn’t know what the day is. Hope your family recovers soon. We hope to mark the day during the next week 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, uktog said:

Oh dear our Christmas was also completely cancelled due to ill health all round. Luckily the little one doesn’t know what the day is. Hope your family recovers soon. We hope to mark the day during the next week 

I hope everyone recovers soon in the @uktogand @Host Jazzbeauhouseholds and that you are all able to celebrate with your families soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the good wishes.  It actually went very well.  DW was already doing a lot of cooking/baking to bring up to DD's house, and DD and DSIL brought what they were planning down to our house.  Advancing age and the venue confusion kept the crowd down.  So a good time was had by all.  And next year we will light lots of candles praying for DD's good health at Christmas Time!  😀

• Like 3

19 hours ago, uktog said:

I do hope you all feel better soon and have a lovely ‘Christmas’ day later on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Thanks for the good wishes.  It actually went very well.  DW was already doing a lot of cooking/baking to bring up to DD's house, and DD and DSIL brought what they were planning down to our house.  Advancing age and the venue confusion kept the crowd down.  So a good time was had by all.  And next year we will light lots of candles praying for DD's good health at Christmas Time!  😀

Glad to hear it all went well.

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Soon for real! 😂

CFD0AEA9-F533-4635-92E3-EBB441C36D7C.jpeg

Those don’t look like Muskoka (Adirondack) chairs.

So what kind of home and garden store IS that?

The clientele do seem suitably dressed. Perhaps a good guideline for eating in one of Azamara’s specialty restaurants? And the elegant smoking style is impressive but now forbidden in most areas of a ship.

We are experiencing the worst winter for nordic skiing I can remember and downhill conditions have been rather poor.

Really hope this isn’t a sign of things to come.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, nordski said:

We are experiencing the worst winter for nordic skiing I can remember and downhill conditions have been rather poor.

Really hope this isn’t a sign of things to come.

It’s not great here either, although we are expecting some snow today 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

Antartica? 

Ahhhh, you have identified one of my transitory fantasies, to follow the great Amundsen’s feat in skiing to the South Pole.

That is not going to happen.

Instead, I was alluding to an earlier discussion here as others suggested being in the world of winter snow should be avoided. I disagreed.

As I awaken to another day of freezing rain/drizzle then is Florida such a bad alternative? 
I still think so, but my commitment to that belief is wavering.

Perhaps we can think of Caribbean cruising.

2 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I would love that!

We decided to do the Antarctica cruise while on a China river cruise with Vantage travel.  They offered an Antarctica cruise on Hurtigruten.  One of the travelers in our group said  "You're from Buffalo, and you worried about the cold?  It was 40s-50s while we were there!"   Our Antarctica cruise was from February to March and the temps were indeed 40-55.  The Expedition leader told us that our cruise was the only one that season to make all the landings.  Our Drake passage was smooth also.

Buffalo and Western New York are pretty much recovered form the terrible blizzard during the week preceding New Years.  However, the death toll is now up to 45    Hamburg, south of Buffalo, got 81 inches of snow, while we in N. Tonawanda, north of  Buffalo, got 49 inches.

We do love being retired, and did not go out until it was safe.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nordski said:

Ahhhh, you have identified one of my transitory fantasies, to follow the great Amundsen’s feat in skiing to the South Pole.

That is not going to happen.

Instead, I was alluding to an earlier discussion here as others suggested being in the world of winter snow should be avoided. I disagreed.

As I awaken to another day of freezing rain/drizzle then is Florida such a bad alternative? 
I still think so, but my commitment to that belief is wavering.

Perhaps we can think of Caribbean cruising.

With the storms in our south and the low temps in Tampa, I think farther South may be better.   We like the mountains where we are, and they seem to shield us from the worst snow storms so I’m good here.  Meanwhile I’ve lived in Florida and I find it too flat, not that I can walk up a slope anymore. 

48 minutes ago, Tom47 said:

We decided to do the Antarctica cruise while on a China river cruise with Vantage travel.  They offered an Antarctica cruise on Hurtigruten.  One of the travelers in our group said  "You're from Buffalo, and you worried about the cold?  It was 40s-50s while we were there!"   Our Antarctica cruise was from February to March and the temps were indeed 40-55.  The Expedition leader told us that our cruise was the only one that season to make all the landings.  Our Drake passage was smooth also.

Buffalo and Western New York are pretty much recovered form the terrible blizzard during the week preceding New Years.  However, the death toll is now up to 45    Hamburg, south of Buffalo, got 81 inches of snow, while we in N. Tonawanda, north of  Buffalo, got 49 inches.

We do love being retired, and did not go out until it was safe.

My SIL

, from Buffalo, went with us to Antartica.  She commented that it was indeed warmer there than the reported temps at home!  

This year, although I warned her, she got stuck in the house because the storm doors open out, of course.  She did send a pic that showed she had shovel a lot of snow off the stoop, apparently not enough. 

Edited by Benthayer Gonbak
  • Like 1