Azamara Cruisers - How are things where YOU are

Grandma Cruising

We are over in Lanzarote, usually should be around 24c - absolutely freak weather today - we had rain and thunder at lunch time the village beside us had a tornado and on the slopes of the volcano the camels were "doused" with a heavy fall of hail.  There are videos on face book but cant post them here

• Like 1

6 hours ago, uktog said:

We are over in Lanzarote, usually should be around 24c - absolutely freak weather today - we had rain and thunder at lunch time the village beside us had a tornado and on the slopes of the volcano the camels were "doused" with a heavy fall of hail.  There are videos on face book but cant post them here

Yikes! At least my weather is fairly normal for this time of year! Stay safe!

Edited by Mackdogmolly
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, uktog said:

To make sure you understand the rules:  the prohibition is only about Facebook areas that resemble Cruise Critic roll calls.  You can repost from people's personal Facebook pages (or a cruise line's Facebook page) as long as it doesn't act like a roll call [e.g. chatting about an upcoming shared cruise, organizing group shore excursions or meetings onboard].

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

To make sure you understand the rules:  the prohibition is only about Facebook areas that resemble Cruise Critic roll calls.  You can repost from people's personal Facebook pages (or a cruise line's Facebook page) as long as it doesn't act like a roll call [e.g. chatting about an upcoming shared cruise, organizing group shore excursions or meetings onboard].

I have no idea how this relates to @uktog’s post 

On 2/4/2023 at 1:04 PM, uktog said:

OMG!!  Sorry to hear that.   We loved Lanzarote and had a fantastic day there back in late Nov. 2018.  

Hope you managed to have an OK day.    Stay safe!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, the mice said:

OMG!!  Sorry to hear that.   We loved Lanzarote and had a fantastic day there back in late Nov. 2018.  

Hope you managed to have an OK day.    Stay safe!

Back to a glorious day today. Here’s a picture I borrowed from yesterday the camels were frozen 

1FE3D5F1-FE7B-4C0D-81C7-2EE80FCDB728.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just back from a terrific trip around South America: Odysseys Unlimited Patagonian Frontiers (Buenos Aires, Iguazu Falls, Ushuaia, 4-night cruise on Stella Australis through the Chilean fjords, Torres del Paine national park, Punta Arenas, Valparaiso, and Santiago de Chile).  Blog will follow, once I process all the notes and photos – it will have to be posted in the Other Cruise Lines forum, but I will post a link here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We are now experiencing a week during which the daytime temperature is above freezing.

A neighbour excitedly told me that it is time to deploy with haste the spigots, pails, lines, etc. to capture the life giving elixir that runs through maple trees.

I cautioned her that until we receive announcements from the observers in Vermont, we must wait patiently for their declaration of the official “Maple Syrup Season!!!!”.

• Like 2

Just now, nordski said:

We are now experiencing a week during which the daytime temperature is above freezing.

A neighbour excitedly told me that it is time to deploy with haste the spigots, pails, lines, etc. to capture the life giving elixir that runs through maple trees.

I cautioned her that until we receive announcements from the observers in Vermont, we must wait patiently for their declaration of the official “Maple Syrup Season!!!!”.

Isn't there some rodent that announces this information?  Like Punxsutawney Phil?  Maybe Maplesyrup Mabel??? 🤣

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, nordski said:

Even though we too are going through a warm spell, my best guess is that the season won’t begin until March. And alas, we won’t be home to tap our tree this year!

6 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Even though we too are going through a warm spell, my best guess is that the season won’t begin until March. And alas, we won’t be home to tap our tree this year!

I thought her excitement was premature. She suffers from the impetuousness of youth. More  seasoned hands have to provide guidance.

Hmm. Booking a cruise during maple syrup time.

I trust you have security cameras to identify syrup rustlers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Isn't there some rodent that announces this information?  Like Punxsutawney Phil?  Maybe Maplesyrup Mabel??? 🤣

The only rodents who are out and about here are vandalizing bands of black squirrels and I refuse to dignify them with a name.

Lots of oaths, but no cute names. 

1 hour ago, nordski said:

I thought her excitement was premature. She suffers from the impetuousness of youth. More  seasoned hands have to provide guidance.

Hmm. Booking a cruise during maple syrup time.

I trust you have security cameras to identify syrup rustlers.

And right after I posted my prediction, a friend posted a video of her tapped backyard maple dripping away! Still, colder weather is in the forecast and I am not regretting my March cruise!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

A frigid day in northern Vermont. Stopped for lunch at the tiny (4 table), Maudite Poutine, on their last day of business as a sit down operation. Going back to their food cart roots. The classic poutine is SO good!

6A0F4988-484A-4CF0-918C-B42885DDAADD.jpeg

B967D04C-B435-4ACC-A9A9-2F460BB035C5.jpeg

Credit to you for sharing an important moment with the owners of this business, especially on such a cold day.

But I am a little concerned about that adjective “Maudite” in connection with poutine. 😀

In contrast, Ii am watching on TV the first Spring Training game for the good guys down in Florida.

We were planning to drive down to Boston on Saturday for the first of our flights to Rio (Logan to JFK to Rio) but expecting a big snowstorm to hit northern Vermont Friday night through Saturday (of course)!

So, change of plans! Driving down tomorrow and will stay with one of the daughter's and hope they just get rain! Lots of intense packing today!!

3 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

We were planning to drive down to Boston on Saturday for the first of our flights to Rio (Logan to JFK to Rio) but expecting a big snowstorm to hit northern Vermont Friday night through Saturday (of course)!

So, change of plans! Driving down tomorrow and will stay with one of the daughter's and hope they just get rain! Lots of intense packing today!!

Hope everything goes well as you implement your new travel plans!

This coming storm has triggered all sorts of dire predictions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Good luck all over the place the word snow is popping back into the words of forecasters brrr

• Thanks 1