Azamara Cruisers - How are things where YOU are

Grandma Cruising

4 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

We were planning to drive down to Boston on Saturday for the first of our flights to Rio (Logan to JFK to Rio) but expecting a big snowstorm to hit northern Vermont Friday night through Saturday (of course)!

So, change of plans! Driving down tomorrow and will stay with one of the daughter's and hope they just get rain! Lots of intense packing today!!

EDITED:: OOPS - having a "brain bomb" moment.   You are driving to Boston, not JFK.  (deleted info on NY weather forecast)

You have a good plan -   Relax and enjoy your trip!

Edited by the mice
Wrong infor
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hope that all of those, especially in the UK and the Commonwealth counties, who appreciate the pageantry are able to enjoy the coronation spectacle today.

I now more fully realize that those of us who watched Queen Elizabeth II’s coronation in grainy images on rather smaller TV screens in 1953 are rather in the minority. 😀

I do hope the weather in the UK improves!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We Brits do magnificent pageantry in the rain, we are good at that!
And a non political statement- My favourite guest outfit was Biden’s grand daughter- so appropriately chic. 

18 minutes ago, uktog said:

And a non political statement- My favourite guest outfit was Biden’s grand daughter- so appropriately chic. 

Quite agree, I though Jill Biden looked pretty good too, and so did Bridget Macron.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Quite agree, I thought Jill Biden looked pretty good too, and so did Bridget Macron.

Are you and uktog suggesting that I am not looking at this event with the right eyes? I was focussing on the beautiful horses.

Yeah, my wife would agree with both of you.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, uktog said:

1 hour ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Quite agree, I though Jill Biden looked pretty good too, and so did Bridget Macron.

And taken together it was a planned show of support for Ukraine.  "We stand with Ukraine," Biden tweeted the day before the coronation.  Slava Ukraini! 

• Like 5

I hope this isn't rubbing salt into the wounds of those who are having so many problems with the Azamara website and phone center lately, but I have just posted a review of a wonderful trip that we took to Patagonia in January:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2936503-review-of-odysseys-unlimited-patagonian-frontiers-trip-with-stella-australis/

• Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...

As the self-proclaimed defender of Imperial measures against the Metric onslaught, I was pleased to see this headline in the Wall Street Journal today 🤣

Celsius Names Fahrenheit as Winning Chapter 11 Bidder

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

Cryptocurrency.

Correct.  I didn't include a link because of the WSJ firewall, and also because I didn't think the details were relevant.  The WSJ is famous for headline puns, so I'm sure that this was intentional...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are coming to the end of a 10 night cruise on the Great Lakes if folks are interested  

Our room is tiny though ironically the bathroom and shower is bigger than on Azamara  

The pace is gentler, the entertainment simple and the food may not have the sophistication of Azamara presentation but it tastes good and is served at the right temperature so in that respect so much better than our previous cruise on Onward  

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, uktog said:

We are coming to the end of a 10 night cruise on the Great Lakes if folks are interested  

Our room is tiny though ironically the bathroom and shower is bigger than on Azamara  

The pace is gentler, the entertainment simple and the food may not have the sophistication of Azamara presentation but it tastes good and is served at the right temperature so in that respect so much better than our previous cruise on Onward  

If you stopped at Niagara Falls, you would be 13 miles from us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom47 said:

If you stopped at Niagara Falls, you would be 13 miles from us.

We had a wonderful day there on the Canadian side. We came through the canal at night which was a little disappointing. We got so wet but it was worth it

• Like 1

@uktog has done a great job on the 'live from' thread.  It really gives you the flavor of a cruise on American Queen Voyages.  If you've been contemplating a Great Lakes cruise (or an American river cruise) I recommend giving it a good read.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, uktog said:

Thanks so much for this pleasant surprise!  I was wondering what this cruise line might be like.  We haven’t had many reviews to read on the Azamara boards lately so this was a real treat! 

6 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

@uktog has done a great job on the 'live from' thread.  It really gives you the flavor of a cruise on American Queen Voyages.  If you've been contemplating a Great Lakes cruise (or an American river cruise) I recommend giving it a good read.

Thanks. I’ll take a look!

On 5/26/2023 at 6:09 PM, uktog said:

I didn't notice this until today. Thanks for a fantastic thread about cruising the great Lakes. 

We nearly got tempted :-)

• Like 3

Just now, Grandma Cruising said:

How interesting - does he enjoy being at school there? 

They are twins and they have been going there since they were 1st year students, so they never spent any time at the old high school. One thing they like is that it is easily walkable to their home and the old high school would have been a bus ride away. My DH taught in the “toxic” school for 16 years, so we are just hoping that he will not have health problems from that down the road!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

They are twins and they have been going there since they were 1st year students, so they never spent any time at the old high school. One thing they like is that it is easily walkable to their home and the old high school would have been a bus ride away. My DH taught in the “toxic” school for 16 years, so we are just hoping that he will not have health problems from that down the road!

Golly, hope he doesn’t have any ill effects in the future! Give him our regards 😃.

• Like 1