PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends,

Wow it’s great outside in Boston. It’s going to be in fifties today. Best of all my Patriots Earned a big win last night. We had a very bad storm last night so I’m going to check on my Rowboat.
 I was told it was OK. 

To my friend Thrak your right it’s an old picture but that happens every year. 😡

love you all 😷 🥰

Tony

2DC82B3B-0A56-4771-BDDE-AB9ED14A6621.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO
  • Like 2

I saw something the other day, can't really remember where, perhaps in an online comic. I don't do Facebook or Twitter or any of those things so many of you have certainly seen it before and think "DUH". However, it was new to me and, just now as I tried to do something I have done countless times before without a second thought, it once again struck home with me. Poop.

"I thought getting old would take longer."

• Like 1

Last night was spent watching the State of Origin (QLD vs NSW), it is always 3 games in total. Last night was game 3, game 1 went to QLD and game 2 went to NSW. So game 3 was all or nothing ..... woo hoo QLD won. I would imagine a few sore heads today. I believe this was the first time a stadium was able to be at full capacity, it was held in QLD. Should have also said this is Rugby League. At times there are moments I need to close my eyes from the collision between the players and not too mention the tackles.

first the good news - the garage "beverage fridge" was saved - it was just a short in the light that was continuously tripping the GFCI switch - got that replaced , now good to go ... hopefully for awhile until we can get a 'kitchen package' ( fridge, stove/oven/microwave, dishwasher ) in early spring

now the bad news - "your jeep" needs to have the complete brake system replaced ... pads, calipers, rotors - whatever those things are ... about a grand ... ouch - but it is 13 years old ...

glass still half full 🥃

• Like 1

I always used to do my own automotive work whenever possible, oil changes, tune ups, brakes, etc. Not anymore. Vehicles have changed and some things need tools and equipment I don't have. Also, my body has changed and doesn't do the things it used to do before. Dang, this reminds me that my truck is whining at me whenever I start it up with a message to "change the oil soon".

• Like 1

Scary here yesterday - I was driving home and saw massive plumes of smoke from a fire that started in tinder-dry brush on the fringes of my neighborhood on the west side of town against the mountains during a windy day.   We were just south of the mandatory evacuation zone but swirling winds were a concern as they blew our way, so all the neighbors packed the cars (and we stuffed our very unhappy cat in her carrier) and were glued to the TV to watch the ongoing battle.  Happily, a Chinook helicopter making 7 large water drops, 2 fixed wing planes making fire retardant drops, and a rapid-response massive effort by many trucks from multiple organization were able to keep it in check.  Deck video from evacuated home showed firefighters hauling hoses through the back yards adjoining the burning acreage, battling massive blowing flames right at the fence line.  All homes were successfully protected.  Winds died later in the afternoon and it looks reasonably calm today with 50% containment.  We were so very lucky, as (like so many areas) we've been in drought for quite a while now.  The incident commander said a major contributing factor in successful containment was the massive wild land mitigation that had been undertaken by both city and homeowners, plus emergency drills that have been practiced with the city fire department in our urban-wild land red zone neighborhoods.  Phil and I have removed thick clusters of juniper 12-feet deep around the house, but I'll be contacting the city Fire Department Fire Wise liaison to get a walk through of our property and tag any additional trees and brush that need work.   We no longer have a fire season - it's more of a 12-month situation here, and that's certainly the case with most of our western states.  Whew - giving thanks to so much more when we celebrate next week.

Tip for those those who may also live in fire-zones:  big appeal was made for neighbors who were trying to wet-down their yards to turn off their stinking sprinklers as they were dropping water pressure to the hydrants, although the city water department was increasing pressure to the pipes in the area.  I'd always thought that might be an issue as it seemed like common sense to me but I worked for a utility and think about those things ...I  was interested to see the on-going appeal on the crawler message on TV.

Whew indeed!  If things continue to look good think it's time for a bit of champagne tonight, and I can sleep in my jammies again.  Thank you thank you fire fighters!

Edited by LoriPhil
  • Like 4

As the spouse of a former firefighter, thank you, @LoriPhil for your post! Brush clearance, mitigation, and not lowering water pressure all save homes and lives! You probably already know this, living where you do, but please load your car and park on the street or in the driveway, facing the street. You don't want to have to back out into evacuation traffic and you don't want your car stuck inside a garage, potentially without power to open the door. 

From here on "you" means people in general, I'm not calling any specific person out.

Another thing: when evacuation orders are given, follow them. "You" are not helping firefighters by staying behind and trying to save your home. You are delaying response, as they have to work around you. Also, firefighters will prioritize saving lives over property. If you are stuck behind an evacuation line and in danger, they will concentrate their efforts on saving you. That may cost you and your neighbors houses that they could have save if you were not in their way. 

• Like 1

On 11/19/2020 at 2:26 AM, Loki S said:

Last night was spent watching the State of Origin (QLD vs NSW), it is always 3 games in total. Last night was game 3, game 1 went to QLD and game 2 went to NSW. So game 3 was all or nothing ..... woo hoo QLD won. I would imagine a few sore heads today. I believe this was the first time a stadium was able to be at full capacity, it was held in QLD. Should have also said this is Rugby League. At times there are moments I need to close my eyes from the collision between the players and not too mention the tackles.

We watched State of Origin yesterday ourselves here in GB Florida.  The time change makes us NOT look at any news of the match but it is worth the wait.  Game 3 was a great game.  NRL has kept us semi-sane over here as NHL has finished.  Will be set for the restart of NRL!

Cheers

Steve & Vicky  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GonzoWCS said:

We watched State of Origin yesterday ourselves here in GB Florida.  The time change makes us NOT look at any news of the match but it is worth the wait.  Game 3 was a great game.  NRL has kept us semi-sane over here as NHL has finished.  Will be set for the restart of NRL!

Cheers

Steve & Vicky  

Must admit it’s probably the first state of origin game that I could feel my heart beating at the end. At least the mighty maroons held on to win. Hopefully NRL will be back to normal next year, along with when the State of Origin games are.

6 hours ago, LoriPhil said:

Wow - cutting your own hair is a bold move!  Hopefully you come out the other side with something you like, and are relatively nick-free.  

My friend always says it’s just a few weeks between a good and bad hair cut 😬

Some good news on the Australian domestic boarder closures for NSW and Victoria ....... as long as things progress as is with no community transmitted COVID-19 cases (hope I have this wording correct), the Queensland boarder will be opening on December 1st to these states.

So many relieved people who can see family again, especially for Christmas. Must admit had a few tears when this was announced. Now we all still need to be COVID safe, so the domestic boarders can remain open. 

So excited 😆.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2020 at 2:51 AM, Loki S said:

Must admit it’s probably the first state of origin game that I could feel my heart beating at the end. At least the mighty maroons held on to win. Hopefully NRL will be back to normal next year, along with when the State of Origin games are.

Yes it was a truly good match.  Normally over here we would call them "all star" games and such.  Not in the NRL, State of Origin was flat out serious.

Cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GonzoWCS said:

Yes it was a truly good match.  Normally over here we would call them "all star" games and such.  Not in the NRL, State of Origin was flat out serious.

Cheers

Yes we do take the State of Origin very seriously. As those footballers picked for each side, see it’s very important as they’re representing their State.

well, first off, we are all healthy, have plenty of food and beverages stockpiled along with masks ( wife makes them ), disinfectant, etc, etc, etc ...

today, we are NOT boarding the SKY Princess for our little 5 day Thanksgiving cruise which was of course, cancelled

we will have only our one son tomorrow for lunch/brunch and will see the other son and his family when they come down for Christmas - still got a couple of days at Disney planned while they stay there on premises for 4 nights - ours will just be day trips - Animal Kingdom and Epcot for us.

stay safe 😷

stay hydrated 🧊

• Like 2

Just Phil and me to cook for tomorrow, so going with small 12 lb turkey.  Ummmm leftovers!  

I just got back from Walgreens and am still cheesed-off (that really means paranoid 😊), as I didn’t notice the woman I was adjacent to at the checkout counter was wearing a chin diaper as she was talking to her senior mom.  As she turned my direction I was about 6+ feet from her and well-masked, but it was troubling as we were just moved to condition Red and it scared me to be exposed to someone so unconcerned with the current COVID status in Colorado (an estimated 1 in 41 people currently infected per the Gov) and our hospitals close to bursting.  Gelled-down in the car, washed hands and face and changed clothes when I got home.  Ok, so overkill but my calm was seriously harshed by this nitwit, and somewhat by the checker who should have asked her to raise her mask.  Good reminder for me though - be more aware of people around you and wait when you aren’t comfortable.  Don’t engage though, as you never know who is armed.

Ahhhh, calm is being restored.   I suspect I’m watching too much news, so it’s off to Netflix for a good murder mystery.  Wonder if coffee is a good choice right now... think I’ll chance it!  

Edited by LoriPhil
  • Like 5

Pie baking day. Deep-dish Apple Pie is cooling on the counter. Pumpkin Pie is in the oven. Turkey is "almost" thawed - should be perfect tomorrow when it's time to stuff it.

Trivia from Princess Liars Club word list. Whether correct or not this is the answer they are looking for.

Farture: Stuffing a Turkey