Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

27 minutes ago, Domino D said:

Mine is accepted but not yet counted as well.  My wife said she heard it will be different this year, but in years past I think they only counted absentee ballots if the election was close enough that they could make a difference.

I think all absentee ballots do get counted. That's why it sometimes takes until weeks after Election day to get an "accurate" count of the popular vote and certify.

I also thought absentee ballots were not counted until after the polls close on election day. I was told I could still show up on Election Day and cast my vote which would invalidate my absentee ballot.  Maybe it varies by state???

"Vote early,  vote often" is my motto.!😃

29 minutes ago, Domino D said:

At the very least, I fear the thread will be poofed.

We should be okay unless someone reports us. 

But I will respectfully defer to our OP, Dani to let us know if we go out of bounds. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, singinalot said:

We got about 3 inches or so of snow.

Send some snow my way. Tomorrow I receive delivery of my new 24 inch, 2 stage Ariens Deluxe snowblower replacing my trusty but dying 22 year old 2 stage 24 inch Ariens snowblower. 

Can't wait to try it out.  Supposedly it's more powerful but they don't  rate horsepower anymore.  It goes by torque. There is a mathematical formula to do the conversion.

I guess I could ask @John&LaLa to do the math for me.😀

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

......I was told I could still show up on Election Day and cast my vote which would invalidate my absentee ballot.  Maybe it varies by state???

"Vote early,  vote often" is my motto.!😃

Recommend that one not send in an absentee ballot and then vote in person on Election Day in Florida.  Believe this would be a felony and you could go to prison for five years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Also booked our flights to Cancun in Feb for Tulum. Has anyone been to the Tulum ruins or any of the cenotes?

We've been to Tulum and Chichen Itza.  I think they are about the same distance from Cancun.  At Chichen Itza we did swim in a cenote near by.  

Here are  some Youtubers I subscribe to named Tim and Finn's video about Tulum.  I think they stayed in that part of Mexico for a couple months.   I think this one is mostly about the cenotes, but they had others.

Edited by Domino D

23 minutes ago, Dennis#1 said:

Recommend that one not send in an absentee ballot and then vote in person on Election Day in Florida.  Believe this would be a felony and you could go to prison for five years.

Yeah, trust me, I have no desire to go near a poll on Election Day. That is why I voted absentee. I'll be traveling later that week and need to get a covid-19 test before getting on the plane. I don't want any last second surprises messing up my vacation plans or putting me in quarantine in another country.

1 hour ago, Domino D said:

@John&LaLa I guess I stand corrected.  She says there were mason jars.  

We have a large magnet collection from that trip too.  Each Greek Island, Multiple Athens, Several Rome, Naples, Amalfi, Cinque Terra (5), and Pisa.  Oddly enough, as much as we have been to the Caribbean I don't think we have a single magnet.

Those are temporary. I will bottle final product in 12 oz bottles. Should have 3 different batches to try. You can follow in more detail over in Floataway lounge. First mixing will be Wednesday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Yeah, trust me, I have no desire to go near a poll on Election Day. That is why I voted absentee. I'll be traveling later that week and need to get a covid-19 test before getting on the plane. I don't want any last second surprises messing up my vacation plans or putting me in quarantine in another country.

We get our weekly test tomorrow morning. 

Required to visit nursing home.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Mine shows received, but still not counted

9 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

My Mom, who lives in Titusville, voted by absentee. I check the status twice a day for her. It’s been received but not yet counted. I wonder when they will count them?  

9 hours ago, singinalot said:

says “el paso county has accepted your ballot for counting”....so I take that to mean it has not been counted yet. 

8 hours ago, Domino D said:

Mine is accepted but not yet counted as well.  My wife said she heard it will be different this year, but in years past I think they only counted absentee ballots if the election was close enough that they could make a difference.

Imagine them counting the votes BEFORE the election day, and some twelve-year old Russian hacker publishes the results....😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

We should be okay unless someone reports us. 

But I will respectfully defer to our OP, Dani to let us know if we go out of bounds. 

Definitely "not out of bounds" !! It's a big and decisive part of those days' "routine" in the US .... and, believe it or not, it's in our prime time news every day too.... We're interested and "invested" in the results as well.

As long as nobody's trying to "sell" reds to blues or vice versa, the thread will not go "puff"...😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dennis#1 said:

Recommend that one not send in an absentee ballot and then vote in person on Election Day in Florida. 

We cannot vote by mail in Israel -- we have another "method" for those who legally have not the possibility to vote in their designated location -- like policemen, soldiers in active duty, sailors, diplomats. They vote in "double" envelopes, which are opened and counted AFTER election day. The regular are blue, and the "double" are white.

Every "double" envelope is checked against the list who have already voted, and only then their vote is counted. You'll see a big hangar with hundreds of tables -- people opening envelopes under strict scrutiny.

Sadly, it is all done by hand... and we had 33 parties in the last election. You give the election committee your ID, they cross you off the list, give you the blue envelope. If you're "absentee" -- they put your blue envelope in a white one.

You choose one slip of paper with the "letters" assigned to the parties, put it in an envelope and then drop it in the box in front of the election committee. Only then you get your ID card back.

Here's how it is in "real life"....

kalpi_israel_18.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I watch the national statistics and covid is on the rise almost everywhere in our country.  People please wear face masks and remain socially distant.  I have many health care workers in my family in different states and the  beds are filling up with sick covid patients.

We have to be smart and careful now.

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It is a felony to vote absentee and vote in person (Florida).  

Unless you get special dispensation when the mail box in which dropped off your ballot is set on fire.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, singinalot said:

5 degrees here tonight. Cold cold cold. The dog won’t even go outside. We got about 3 inches or so of snow.

Here in Ohio we live in the snow belt area and get affected by lake effect snow from Lake Erie.

But temps usually stay in the teens to 20's unless it is a warmer winter.

It is not uncommon to wake up with 1-3 feet of snow on the ground.

We used to throw a heavy quilt on the ground outside the back house door.

It would catch all the snow, we would then remove it and our beagle Martha, would go on the clear grass and make her deposit.

Worked for us.

Stay healthy.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It is a felony to vote absentee and vote in person (Florida).  

Just curious -- the absentee vote is "anonymous"??? If so, how u can really ascertain that people are not voting twice, and are not caught????

16 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Unless you get special dispensation when the mail box in which dropped off your ballot is set on fire.

Seriously? It happened in the past??? WOW, just wow -- in regions predominantly one color or another, u can just throw a match and set fire to the "other color"....

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Seriously? It happened in the past??? WOW, just wow -- in regions predominantly one color or another, u can just throw a match and set fire to the "other color"....

It's probably very rare though more likely now with lots of "extra" drop off locations:

llot-Box-Fire-boylston-2-e1603727769608.jpg?w=404

A 39-year-old Boston man charged with setting the ballot dropbox outside the Boston Public Library on fire is believed to be “emotionally disturbed” and not “plotting against democracy” as some have suggested, District Attorney Rachael Rollins said.

Worldy Armand was arraigned and held without bail on a charge of willful and malicious burning in Boston Municipal Court on Monday, according to court records. Armand is due back in court on Friday for a detention hearing.

Armand has not been charged in connection with the second mail attack, Sgt. John Boyle said.

At least 35 of the 122 ballots in the box were destroyed when firefighters inserted a fire hose inside the box to quench the flames just after 4 a.m. Sunday, according to Walsh’s office.

The city is encouraging any Boston voter who deposited their ballot at the Copley Square dropbox between 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 24 and about 4 a.m. on Sunday, Oct. 25, to check the status of their ballot by calling 617-635-2211.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Just curious -- the absentee vote is "anonymous"??? If so, how u can really ascertain that people are not voting twice, and are not caught????

Here is a photo of a absentee ballot from Florida. The return envelope has a bar code and name that is scanned upon receipt. 

Top picture is the return envelope with ballot sleeve. It has the barcode and name. You mark up the ballot and  Insert into sleeve. You place the sleeve into the envelope (bottom picture). 

Middle picture is how received from Elections. 

One must sign the return envelope and signature must match or ballot is not counted. 

84D58FA3-23B6-49C2-902B-B6A905B0964A.jpeg

9DC37F26-8153-410B-9F3F-D50ED53F8725.jpeg

4E71951C-7065-43EF-94AF-2C03DA444358.jpeg

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

How you voted is anonymous, the fact you voted (or not) via any method is available online to you and voting officials