Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

They are playing Iowa State.Even though I do not have Pitt in my pool I can see them winning.

If they can win 1 game i’ll be happy.  Haven’t made the tourney since 2016.

My dad went to Louisville & it’s a little odd to be talking about Pitt in the tourney not Louisville.  I don’t follow basketball much but i know through my dad that Louisville had an horrible season.  

1 minute ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

If they can win 1 game i’ll be happy.  Haven’t made the tourney since 2016.

My dad went to Louisville & it’s a little odd to be talking about Pitt in the tourney not Louisville.  I don’t follow basketball much but i know through my dad that Louisville had an horrible season.  

One of my granddaughters has a very close friend who is on the Indiana University Women’s team and a friend of mine played for the Indiana Pacers.I am very pro Indiana .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I thought there was a rule that a person could not sit out consecutive challenges? I guess that changed.

After reading this, Sharon and I were thinking the same thing so I googled.  I did not remember but this was questioned in a couple of episodes. 

It looks like the rule was that a person couldn't sit out the reward challenge and then the immunity challenge.   Since they are now having immunity/reward challenges,  the rule doesn't apply in this situation. 🙄 

Doesn't make since to me.  Here is the article I found. 

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2022/survivor-daniel-sit-out-challenges/

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Has anyone else received a zillion emails with posts from CC today.   I have never seen this before.  I had several pages of these emails to delete.   ???  

Going to check and see if my email preferences on this site changed.  I haven't changed them.

Yes!  somehow the notifications settings changed.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I just checked and changed my notification settings.

At first I thought I was hacked by CC🤣🤣

Thank you!  Just looked and my notifications were changed to email me every time someone reacted to one of my posts 🤪

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

.mov files and android don't play nice together.

1 hour ago, CrzLvr2 said:

I was afraid of that. . .:classic_sad:

I think John @Ozark_Kid or our blue-eyed  "cousin" 😉 Mark @h20skibum knows how to convert the .mov files?

I just found an earlier way to convert.  When I click on the posted .mov it downloads to Gallery on my Samsung.   Then if I hit edit and change it to a 720 or leave it 1040 and make any change like clip a bit I can save it as a .mp4 

After changing it to a mp4 the size was 18.62 MB.

• Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Yes!  somehow the notifications settings changed.  

14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I just checked and changed my notification settings.

At first I thought I was hacked by CC🤣🤣

Same - i had to uncheck the email notification box.  Definitely was not getting a billion emails before today.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Husky1987 said:

I usually only fill out one bracket, purely for entertainment purposes 🙂  I have Gonzaga winning this year.

Three of my long-time buddies and I have gotten together every year since about 1992 for the first weekend of March Madness.  Started out in Las Vegas, then when we got too old to hang there for four days we've usually met in Kansas City (where I went to law school and two of the gang live).  This year it's at my old roommate's beach house in South Carolina.

For us, it's not about the bracket anymore as much as we pretty much bet every game...and often have 2 or 3 bets on each game (over/under, first half, full game, etc 🤣).  It's four days of non-stop basketball, golf, and just a little bit of drinking.

Sharon and I have been doing brackets since 1980.  We pick each round.   As the girls were born they had a bracket.  When real young we would read off the teams and would mark them when they would make a noise.  😆 As time went on some of Sharon's family joined in.  In 1996 Sharon's brother bought a trophy for the winner to keep for year.  This will be the 27th year for the trophy 🏆. Each year we write the winner on the bottom of the trophy.  We have 16 participants this year. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I just found an earlier way to convert.  When I click on the posted .mov it downloads to Gallery on my Samsung.   Then if I hit edit and change it to a 720 or leave it 1040 and make any change like clip a bit I can save it as a .mp4 

After changing it to a mp4 the size was 18.62 MB.

Thanks for helping us out, John! 😁 

I thought it was you that had the solution for "Apples to Androids." 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CrzLvr2 said:

Thanks for helping us out, John! 😁 

I thought it was you that had the solution for "Apples to Androids." 

Your welcome.

I used to use a website to convert .mov video to mp4.   This was the first time I found that I can easily convert them with my Samsung photo/video editor that comes with the phone. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Your welcome.

I used to use a website to convert .mov video to mp4.   This was the first time I found that I can easily convert them with my Samsung photo/video editor that comes with the phone. 

Cool. . .

So that means that others with Samsung phones should be able to convert files from Mac/Apple devices, too? Yay! 🤩

Cool. . .

So that means that others with Samsung phones should be able to convert files from Mac/Apple devices, too? Yay! 🤩

The problem is if an Apple device records a video its format is .mov and when posted only Apple devices are able to view it unless they download it.   For all devices to be able to view a posted video on CC it has to be in .mp4 fornat which is what android phone record. I think many don't want to download because it takes time and space and you have to find it after downloading it. 

34 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The problem is if an Apple device records a video its format is .mov and when posted only Apple devices are able to view it unless they download it.   For all devices to be able to view a posted video on CC it has to be in .mp4 fornat which is what android phone record. I think many don't want to download because it takes time and space and you have to find it after downloading it. 

Thanks for the explanation, John.  Now I can understand how downloading .mov videos just to view them would be a pain. 🤔 I’ll look into how I can change a .mov to a .mp4 if I use my iPhone, but I usually only use my phone to take videos  when I don’t have my big ol’ DSLR or my compact digital camera with me. So, I’ll check out ways I could convert the videos that I take with them, too.

• Like 1

@dani negreanu

Dear Dani,

It’s only the wee hours of the morning where I am, but I think it’s close to “rise and shine” time for you, so I wanted to be sure that I had Happy Birthday greetings from me  waiting for you  when you log-in today!  🎉 🥳 💐 

77407786-6033-4BD1-B129-47828F90DFA6.thumb.jpeg.a9b6f47975bc388ef478572c5fe3e111.jpeg

I also wanted to thank you again for starting this thread almost 3 years ago and uniting so many of us from so many backgrounds and countries. We have been able to share our joys and rejoice together, share our troubles and comfort one another, and share advice and opinions on sooo many topics - all because of YOU! 

So, as this card states, I am: “Wishing you another wonderful year of happiness and joy!” … and many, many more years to follow!!!  🥰 

29700EA4-1584-45B5-B7DB-998E1BAF12CC.thumb.jpeg.7261bcdeadadf9c23c88f1809f3338db.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CrzLvr2 said:

I was afraid of that. . .:classic_sad:

I think John @Ozark_Kid or our blue-eyed  "cousin" 😉 Mark @h20skibum knows how to convert the .mov files?

Thanks for the explanation, John.  Now I can understand how downloading .mov videos just to view them would be a pain. 🤔 I’ll look into how I can change a .mov to a .mp4 if I use my iPhone, but I usually only use my phone to take videos  when I don’t have my big ol’ DSLR or my compact digital camera with me. So, I’ll check out ways I could convert the videos that I take with them, too.

I saw that some of that was answered.  

With an iPhone, I can download photos from CC to reorient them, but it will not download the videos to convert them.  I use an app called iConv to convert any iPhone videos to MP4 format before uploading to CC. It looks like this in the App Store.

523710D5-F3EC-424F-80AF-79C0F3E05B33.thumb.jpeg.b6a57b3b1a8d5d22d818e965d1b8e0f1.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/13/2023 at 8:52 AM, sgmn said:

His Mum and Dad went to a Country Music Festival 🎶  at the O2 yesterday. They had a great time with friends and got access to his companies box, so good seats too.  Here they are in one of the booths outside the event.  He said there were loads of people over from America at the event 

Screenshot_20230312-190228_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0aa1242f1759a17fc4e8d57f5b92a89f.jpg

IMG-20230312-WA0010.thumb.jpg.066176168debc932133448c06a09c475.jpg

So it appears that son and DIL took away more than good memories and cowboy hats from their O2 concert. After feeling rough for a couple of days they tested and have covid. 

Apart from bad cold/cough symptoms they are OK but means that our Mothers Day plans for this Sunday will have to be changed (from a selfish pov) 😔

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Has anyone else received a zillion emails with posts from CC today.   I have never seen this before.  I had several pages of these emails to delete.   ???  

Going to check and see if my email preferences on this site changed.  I haven't changed them.

No issues with email from CC here.

• Like 1