Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

@dani negreanu Isn’t it about time for anniversary trip number two to Marrakech?  Hope you have more temperate climes this time!  Looking forward to seeing pictures.

It is, another 2 days... Just came from our next door neighbors, whose parents originated from Morocco, and they gave us maps and some useful tips. We only have 3 days there, aiming to make the most of it.

Meanwhile, today I've met, after more than 4 months, my HS friends. Somehow, the hubby of our host [first on the right] lingered with us under the pretext of offering coffee, stacking the dishes, helping with the made to order eggs.... rainy day, poor soul, had nowhere to go 😉

image.thumb.jpeg.88f22a4339edb219ef87c372d801e6c3.jpeg

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 21

1 hour ago, George C said:

We are onboard celebrity summit, had vip entrance bypassing all the lines , had great lunch they have lobster roll only on the first lunch in suite restaurant Luminae. Our butler showed us how to get to internet we get devices with our suite . Tonight show is John Lodge from Moody blues , he is in rock and roll hall of fame. Exile and Orleans are also playing tonight.

Ohhhh the Moody Blues …. Back to my uni days.  Lucky you. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@CrzLvr2 Thank you for your kind thoughts.

I just turned 70, but in heart and mind, I think I am 30!

Would like to be able to keep mobility as good as possible.😊😉

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

I will be reaching a birthday this year that in recent years I never believed that I would reach.I am not saying the number but it ends in a 0.

When I look in a mirror I appear to be so much younger but in reality my body feels even older .Likely a result of having Parkinson’s Stage 3 ,Spinal Stenosis and 10 other medical issues.I just left my zoom Parkinsons Support Group.I am usually quite vocal in the group.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I will be reaching a birthday this year that in recent years I never believed that I would reach.I am not saying the number but it ends in a 0.

When I look in a mirror I appear to be so much younger but in reality my body feels even older .Likely a result of having Parkinson’s Stage 3 ,Spinal Stenosis and 10 other medical issues.I just left my zoom Parkinsons Support Group.I am usually quite vocal in the group.

Lenny, I’m be 87 July 4. Unbelievable!

I’m surprised when I see myself in a photo, because I realize everybody must see me as an old lady! I’m not. I’m still me on the inside.

I have better memory skills than my much younger friends, can do things with my iPhone they can’t, and can run categories on Jeopardy. 
Then I struggle to stand up, and reach for my cane, and realize Damn! I really am old!!!

• Like 21
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Lenny, I’m be 87 July 4. Unbelievable!

I’m surprised when I see myself in a photo, because I realize everybody must see me as an old lady! I’m not. I’m still me on the inside.

I have better memory skills than my much younger friends, can do things with my iPhone they can’t, and can run categories on Jeopardy. 
Then I struggle to stand up, and reach for my cane, and realize Damn! I really am old!!!

My wife’s birthday is also July 4th it’s great to get fireworks every year for your birthday 😁😁,  she is a little younger she was born in 1961, I am 12 years older this is our third Summit cruise and they gave us a pin to celebrate our fifth rock and romance cruise. Here is our dirty martinis from there martini bar.

image.jpeg.053513d7777087250e8a81b0407397d8.jpeg

• Like 9

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Moreover, I'm buying as much as I can kindle books for our next trip, so yesterday I've added another new author to my library -- James Patterson, with Step on a Crack. It was just 1$ (one dollar), so I gave it a chance, I like it.

I've also added the first in the Prey series of John Sandford, for 4.5$.  I really hope that we'll not have flight delays and the trip will be interesting, so I'll not need all those books to keep me going 😉

Wow Dani...can't believe that this will be your first James Patterson book.  I really enjoyed the Michael Bennett series and the Alex Cross books are great (hence the movies). 

If you like the Sandford Prey series, get the Virgil Flowers series also from Sandford.  Virgil worked for Lucas Davenport from the Prey series.  He's an interesting character.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

It is, another 2 days... Just came from our next door neighbors, whose parents originated from Morocco, and they gave us maps and some useful tips. We only have 3 days there, aiming to make the most of it.

Meanwhile, today I've met, after more than 4 months, my HS friends. Somehow, the hubby of our host [first on the right] lingered with us under the pretext of offering coffee, stacking the dishes, helping with the made to order eggs.... rainy day, poor soul, had nowhere to go 😉

Lovely group photo Dani.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thinking the same thing.   It really added to the show and was cool to see the two that fell for them.  It will be so cool to see the reactions when they find out they are fake!

Tonight was a good outcome.   How can you think sitting out of Every challenge is a good thing with no consequences. 

I thought there was a rule that a person could not sit out consecutive challenges? I guess that changed.

43 minutes ago, George C said:

My wife’s birthday is also July 4th it’s great to get fireworks every year for your birthday 😁😁,  she is a little younger she was born in 1961, I am 12 years older this is our third Summit cruise and they gave us a pin to celebrate our fifth rock and romance cruise. Here is our dirty martinis from there martini bar.

image.jpeg.053513d7777087250e8a81b0407397d8.jpeg

How nice to get a pin to commemorate your 5th Rock and romance!

we’ve never been on a theme cruise. It’s got to be marvelous!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, George C said:

We are onboard celebrity summit, had vip entrance bypassing all the lines , had great lunch they have lobster roll only on the first lunch in suite restaurant Luminae. Our butler showed us how to get to internet we get devices with our suite . Tonight show is John Lodge from Moody blues , he is in rock and roll hall of fame. Exile and Orleans are also playing tonight.

Sounds like a blast!     Hope you have lots of fun....Enjoy!!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Wow Dani...can't believe that this will be your first James Patterson book.  I really enjoyed the Michael Bennett series and the Alex Cross books are great (hence the movies). 

Oh, no, my bad. When reading your reply, I just remembered that I've already read some Patterson books -- the first 7 in his Women murder club, at least 7-8 years ago...

27 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

If you like the Sandford Prey series, get the Virgil Flowers series also from Sandford.  Virgil worked for Lucas Davenport from the Prey series.  He's an interesting character.

What happened is that I already have a Virgil Flowers book, "Bad blood", which is #4 in the series. Since I always try to read at least the number one in any series, you know, to get the feeling of the character, I've bought the #1, "Dark of the moon".

Then, when I read the summary, I've noticed that's a kind of spinoff from Prey, so I'll start with #1 of Prey....

After Michael Bennett.😉

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Dani @dani negreanu.

L'shanah Tovah.

Screenshot_20230316_220506.jpg

Thank you so much, Graham.

I really appreciate it that you try to find an appropriate wishing card in Hebrew.xx

This time, though, I can't stop smiling -- it seems that someone, I'm sure with the best of intentions, managed to mix "the bowls" in this picture -- it says: "Yom Huledet Sameach", which means, indeed, "Happy Birthday", but with a "Hanukkia", which is used in.... Hanukka.

So --- Yom Huledet Sameach is just perfect for my b'day, which I'm happy to share with St. Patrick and Bonnie's daughter ( @BonTexasNY).

L'shanah Tovah -- means "A good year" and it is used at the Jewish New Year, a first cousin to "Happy New Year" 😁

And that completes our humorous Hebrew lessons for today 😘

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Hoping you'll have a great time!! 

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Meanwhile, today I've met, after more than 4 months, my HS friends. Somehow, the hubby of our host [first on the right] lingered with us under the pretext of offering coffee, stacking the dishes, helping with the made to order eggs.... rainy day, poor soul, had nowhere to go 😉 

"poor soul, had nowhere to go 😉 "

Nooooo way. . . I think he really stayed because he wanted to spend some time with a group of lovely ladies!! You and your friends always look so cheerful!! 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/15/2023 at 5:14 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

It was Aubrey's 7th birthday today.   For her birthday 🎂 she wanted a spa treatment with cucumbers 🥒  So Sharon went to work.  

1ka_105929.thumb.jpg.202e668adba574df86e4af568cb3c43e.jpg

One foot soaking tub was not enough for Kenzie...

2ka_105950.thumb.jpg.bf9564cb34f41042be5e073180b91ffa.jpg

Later Kenzie's mom joined in.

1ma_111136.thumb.jpg.d03d805cbb321f8e960c8972b6f655cf.jpg

2ma_111158.thumb.jpg.0ab3ebdf3e82bd7327a63b35885688da.jpg

While the girls were all busy Caden and I watched Finnley...... Oooops

1f_111650.thumb.jpg.8136f7e2b565082ccfecb64808ac4d45.jpg

At the end Sharon thought to relax.

1_113204.thumb.jpg.1827bafcbcf58ba60df5bf6cd9874f24.jpg

Another fun day. 

Happy belated birthday to Aubrey.

Screenshot_20230316_231143.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, George C said:

Any pics you can share would be great 

Enjoy!!

Cheers 🍻

• Like 1

4 hours ago, George C said:

Enjoy the cruise. Sounds like a very fun and unique cruise. Something I might want to look into down the road.

2 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Ohhhh the Moody Blues …. Back to my uni days.  Lucky you. 

Ahhh, the Days of Futures Passed. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1