Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

54 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We were invited by friends to join them in Hilton Head.  At 1st it was a no go because the baby was expected to be born a few days ago.  Then they had things come up that made them questionif they should go.  Well Saturday it was a go for both families.   Packed Saturday night and took off yesterday!  Now that is the retired life!  Last minute fun trips.

So you are going to Hilton Head? How many days?

54 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We were invited by friends to join them in Hilton Head.  At 1st it was a no go because the baby was expected to be born a few days ago.  Then they had things come up that made them questionif they should go.  Well Saturday it was a go for both families.   Packed Saturday night and took off yesterday!  Now that is the retired life!  Last minute fun trips.

Sounds great.  I hope you have a blast.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

@sunshine3601 I think the Windjammers on all the ships need a makeover.  Anthem’s wasn’t too great either.  This was the first cruise we didn’t do breakfast at the buffet.

At least Anthem had omelet station and eggs Benedict in their WJ as well as real scrambled eggs instead of the fake ones it looked like on Oasis.

We board Anthem on 12.04 and hope to find it as good as last March/april.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

That Hawaii cruise looks fantastic.   I hope you post some pics. 

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Interesting that you and I are going on cruises around the same time. Two cruises in two months we are so close yet far away. Are you going to review?

I'm planning on a separate thread for the entire trip, including land portions in Seattle, Vancouver, and Kauai.  I expect it to be picture heavy.  From what I've heard, I probably won't be able to post much from the Alaska cruise due to poor internet, although we should have cell service while in port.  Not sure what the Internet will be like on the Hawaii crossing, but that will mostly be a lot of days sitting and reading, so not much to report on other than food/drink. 😁

• Like 9

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm planning on a separate thread for the entire trip, including land portions in Seattle, Vancouver, and Kauai.  I expect it to be picture heavy.  From what I've heard, I probably won't be able to post much from the Alaska cruise due to poor internet, although we should have cell service while in port.  Not sure what the Internet will be like on the Hawaii crossing, but that will mostly be a lot of days sitting and reading, so not much to report on other than food/drink. 😁

I think that sounds great. I'm doing a "As If Live" for Symphony since I don't trust the on board internet and mine will be photo heavy as well. Since I'm doing a review of all the restaurants via the UDP I want to put a lot of thought into it. I will take detailed notes and then write it when I get back home. I know others like live but I feel like I can have better control of the finished product if I can do it later.

Not sure what I'm doing for liberty. Right now I'm not leaning towards anything but maybe posting pics here and answering anyone's questions.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

So you are going to Hilton Head? How many days?

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sounds great.  I hope you have a blast.

Yes, first time to Hilton Head.  We made it to Huntsville Al yesterday evening where Sharon's mom lives.  We will leave here tomorrow morning early.  I have always wanted to see Savanah so we plan to visit there on our way.  We will be at Hilton Head until Friday or Saturday.   We need to be back home by next Sunday.   

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Not sure what I'm doing for liberty. Right now I'm not leaning towards anything but maybe posting pics here and answering anyone's questions.

I am not sure what I want to do for Allure in October either.   There has been so many on Allure lately.   I have enjoyed the 2 reviews I did, especially Alaska since it was more about the ports and I love sharing pics.  Some may like the Aruba and Curacao ports.  I have not noticed many lives with these 2 ports.  Also with the other 2 many were wanting to know how things are going getting back to cruising.   I avoided January.   To much was blowing up around then.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Yes, first time to Hilton Head.  We made it to Huntsville Al yesterday evening where Sharon's mom lives.  We will leave here tomorrow morning early.  I have always wanted to see Savanah so we plan to visit there on our way.  We will be at Hilton Head until Friday or Saturday.   We need to be back home by next Sunday.   

We've been told that the Coast Restaurant at the Sea Pines Beach Club is excellent.  Great food and a great, oceanfront, outdoor setting.  I haven't been there myself so I can't confirm or deny.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

From what I've heard, I probably won't be able to post much from the Alaska cruise due to poor internet, although we should have cell service while in port.

You heard correctly.  Poor ship internet especially in the room.  It was not as bad while at the Solarium.  The cellular service through AT&T was good for at least an hour after leaving the ports, from the balcony and Solarium.   Great 5g service.   I am looking forward to see the pics.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We've been told that the Coast Restaurant at the Sea Pines Beach Club is excellent.  Great food and a great, oceanfront, outdoor setting.  I haven't been there myself so I can't confirm or deny.

So is this at Hilton Head or Savanah?  We will probably go with the flow.  Our friends have a time share and have been going here for several years.   They are a few years younger than us but a couple years ago took over raising 2 young children and they will be with us. Also our guy friend is recovering from hip surgery so that will limit what we will do.  We are considering a boat touring excursion.   I have been researching where I can pick up some fresh shrimp to bring home.  Not sure what they have planned for eating.   Cook it or eat out.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Glad your trip came to fruition, John!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

So is this at Hilton Head or Savanah?  We will probably go with the flow.  Our friends have a time share and have been going here for several years.   They are a few years younger than us but a couple years ago took over raising 2 young children and they will be with us. Also our guy friend is recovering from hip surgery so that will limit what we will do.  We are considering a boat touring excursion.   I have been researching where I can pick up some fresh shrimp to bring home.  Not sure what they have planned for eating.   Cook it or eat out.

Sorry...Hilton Head.  In the Sea Pines area at the southern end of the island.  Depending on where your friends' time share is located, it may or may not be worth a trip.  It's a big island with lots of good food choices.  Your friends will know much better than me.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

If you get a chance go over to the famous Salty Dog Cafe on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday and watch my best friend play and sing. His name is Dave Kemmerly. We grew up together and he was the best man at my wedding. He is an incredible guitar player, keyboard player that know's thousands of songs and can imitate a lot of great singers. He plays out on the deck from 6-10PM. You will be very impressed. Tell him Greg Steele sent you and that we are friends through Cruise Critic. I am not sure if he even knows my Sea Dog name. Enjoy.

https://www.saltydog.com/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I think that sounds great. I'm doing a "As If Live" for Symphony since I don't trust the on board internet and mine will be photo heavy as well. Since I'm doing a review of all the restaurants via the UDP I want to put a lot of thought into it. I will take detailed notes and then write it when I get back home. I know others like live but I feel like I can have better control of the finished product if I can do it later.

Sounds great.  I look forward to your review😀

I was pleasantly surprised the internet worked as well as it did on Oasis with 6500 +/- passengers.  The only time it was wonky was on our last sea day when I guess a lot of people were using it that afternoon.

• Like 3