Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

19 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Cheers to you as well.  It's good to see that you have your priorities in order, i.e., watching the Chiefs play over sleep. 😁  I'll be trying to follow your UDP thread from my ship, assuming I have access.  Have a safe flight and great cruise!

Are you planning to do a separate live report or just check in & comment here?  

• Like 1

Summer - our weather forecasters have warned us we are in for another wet summer. So we plan to make the most of the glorious Spring weather when we can. Every dry/ sunny day on the weekend we plan to head out walking and have multiple short vacations booked.  Gotta make the most of it before the wet weather returns.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 5

Well it's always something!! Linda just got notified by email from Booking.com that our hotel reservation in Miami at the Hilton Downtown was cancelled due to invalid credit card number.

Now grant you I called the Hilton last Friday to confirm our reservation and they said it was good. And we have not paid for the room yet anyway. Upon further inspection it appears that Linda gave Booking.com the wrong expiration date on the credit card. She typed in 04/22 back in January when we booked it and the actual date is 04/23.

So our bad but when we go to rebook through Hilton our same room is now $200 higher at over $400 for one night. We asked if we could have the same price and they refused.

Right now Linda is trying to get Booking.com to correct the issue and get us our original room rate. I do not have very much hope. She started to try and find a cheaper hotel but I said stay with Hilton because it's close to the terminal and I have shots of it in my pre cruise video for my review. Sucks that our mistake is costing us big time.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Well it's always something!! Linda just got notified by email from Booking.com that our hotel reservation in Miami at the Hilton Downtown was cancelled due to invalid credit card number.

Now grant you I called the Hilton last Friday to confirm our reservation and they said it was good. And we have not paid for the room yet anyway. Upon further inspection it appears that Linda gave Booking.com the wrong expiration date on the credit card. She typed in 04/22 back in January when we booked it and the actual date is 04/23.

So our bad but when we go to rebook through Hilton our same room is now $200 higher at over $400 for one night. We asked if we could have the same price and they refused.

Right now Linda is trying to get Booking.com to correct the issue and get us our original room rate. I do not have very much hope. She started to try and find a cheaper hotel but I said stay with Hilton because it's close to the terminal and I have shots of it in my pre cruise video for my review. Sucks that our mistake is costing us big time.

Try the doubletree it’s a block closer to terminal with lots of restaurants in lobby including some with live music. I prefer that over Hilton.

• Like 5

@Sea Dog That’s a frustrating last minute hurdle. 

We had a major glitch with our computers at work yesterday.  The dates were coming up American style.  I ran my first report and noticed the date came up as 09/12/2022.  Thought I had done a typo even though I am very careful with dates. About to run the report again when we all received an email from  IT  advising us they were working on the date glitch. Still hadn’t been fixed at the end of the day.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

You could start a farmer's market with Kenzie as the Manager. 😁

She already works at the market with her DB & DS with their flowers. Last thing I want to do is to go back to work. 😳

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, George C said:

Try the doubletree it’s a block closer to terminal with lots of restaurants in lobby including some with live music. I prefer that over Hilton.

Thanks I will look into that. We just may have to eat the extra cost this late in the game.

2 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Sea Dog That’s a frustrating last minute hurdle. 

We had a major glitch with our computers at work yesterday.  The dates were coming up American style.  I ran my first report and noticed the date came up as 09/12/2022.  Thought I had done a typo even though I am very careful with dates. About to run the report again when we all received an email from  IT  advising us they were working on the date glitch. Still hadn’t been fixed at the end of the day.

Lesson learned, type, check, recheck then recheck.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@bobmaclibertyWishing you wonderful cruise/vacations.  Look forward to your photos.

+1  Micheline & Bob 👍

@Sea Dog, Greg, so sorry for the mishap with the hotel.

Typos happen all the time, to the best of us, and I think that Hilton are being callous.

Our flight back home from Beyond's cruise was cancelled  a few days after booking it, and added 2 more unplanned nights to our stay in Barcelona. Instead of just one night, 3 nights.

Meantime, the rate of our hotel has gone up-up. I wrote the hotel, explaining the situation and asking to remain in our original room for 2 additional nights. They immediately and graciously replied that "of course, and we'll keep also the original rate booked".... I was very impressed by this gesture.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

I remember years ago when a friend planted their first garden.  They had NO clue how gardening worked, and thought each plant produced just one item per plant.  They wanted a dozen peppers and a dozen cucumbers and a dozen zucchini, so they planted twelve of each type of plant.  By the end of the season, they had given veggies to literally everyone they knew, PLUS brought them to work, PLUS put them on a table at the roadside with a "free" sign.  Needless to say, they cut WAY back on their planting the following year!

I started some Zucchini and transplant them a few weeks ago.  I planted ten in grow bags and had an extra one so I planted it in the corner of a 4x8 ft raised bed because I didn't want to waste it.  The ones in the bags started off good and produced a few but the one in the raised bed has grown at least 5 times bigger so far.  The two large Zucchini I posted pics earlier is from that plant.  I have had to cut some of the leaves because it is taken over.  You might be able to fit 3, maybe 4 in a raised bed.  That is another thing that will not go on a grow bag next year.   Maybe just herbs in the bags next year. 

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Sure, would suggest though in less you have a very Large Crock Pot, cut this recipe in half. It makes a lot, we had to transfer it to a large pot  on the stove before putting in the  the 20oz spaghetti sauce jar.

Also we read before putting pasta in to cook it first before to about 1/2 done then put it in the pot about 30 minutes before you want to eat it.

Pasta Fagioli in the Crockpot

2 lbs ground beef
1 onion, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped
2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
1 (16 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained
3 (10 ounce) cans beef stock
3 teaspoons oregano
2 teaspoons pepper
5 teaspoons parsley
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
1 (20 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
8 ounces pasta

Directions:
Brown beef in a skillet.
Drain fat from beef and add to crock pot with everything except pasta.
Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 4-5 hours. Add pasta the last 30 minutes.
Serve with a nice crisp green salad and some garlic bread!

Enjoy 

How many bowls does it make?

22 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

But do you know your drivers licence number or is that a guy thing.  Birthdays just one of the advantages of getting married...someone else to keep track of that.

One day, I left the house for work on our anniversary with Jack never mentioning it.  I called him when I got to work.  We chatted for a few minutes and yup...he still forgot.  So as we said our goodbyes, I said 'oh by the way HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and hung up.  I was a meany for 10 minutes not answering the phone the multiple times he tried calling me back.

45 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@bobmacliberty & @Sea Dog Wishing you wonderful cruise/vacations.  Look forward to your photos.

Have wonderful cruises from me to!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Oh that stinks Greg.  I seem to recall discussing 3rd party booking sites recently, either here or on Bella’s thread.  Someone was having an issue with one (it may have been the one you used) and the site was not helpful at all.  I can’t remember if the poster went to their FB page or another social media site but I think it was eventually resolved. Maybe try doing a search on here?

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Brickell when we were on Symphony last October.  We really liked it.  We used Lyft to the port. Easy.  Their website is showing $214 for this Friday when booked through their website. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Oh that stinks Greg.  I seem to recall discussing 3rd party booking sites recently, either here or on Bella’s thread.  Someone was having an issue with one (it may have been the one you used) and the site was not helpful at all.  I can’t remember if the poster went to their FB page or another social media site but I think it was eventually resolved. Maybe try doing a search on here?

You are right I remember that thread. Not sure if it involved Booking.com.

Update: 

linda has talked to a manager at Booking.com and they are going to ask Hilton to honor the original price. We will see. Still not holding my breath.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Update: 

linda has talked to a manager at Booking.com and they are going to ask Hilton to honor the original price. We will see. Still not holding my breath.

Doubletree still is better place to eat several restaurants in lobby shared with Marriott there is a walking bridge to get there from Hilton. Good luck with getting original price.

• Like 2

Just now, George C said:

Doubletree still is better place to eat several restaurants in lobby shared with Marriott there is a walking bridge to get there from Hilton. Good luck with getting original price.

Yes Double Tree may be our backup plan. Is that the one at Biscayne Bay?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Update: 

Sucks that this happened.  I hope that Linda is successful.  Although she made the typo, I'd partially blame Booking.com.  I'm surprised that they accepted an invalid date.  I would have thought that they'd confirm the credit card info when she booked it.  Linda might be able to argue that it's their fault...she successfully booked with them and any problem that Hilton has should be between Booking.com and Hilton.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sucks that this happened.  I hope that Linda is successful.  Although she made the typo, I'd partially blame Booking.com.  I'm surprised that they accepted an invalid date.  I would have thought that they'd confirm the credit card info when she booked it.  Linda might be able to argue that it's their fault...she successfully booked with them and any problem that Hilton has should be between Booking.com and Hilton.

@Sea Dog wrote:

"

Upon further inspection it appears that Linda gave Booking.com the wrong expiration date on the credit card. She typed in 04/22 back in January when we booked it and the actual date is 04/23. .."

Bob, I don't know if you are a computer engineer, but here's is the problem -- when Linda booked and mistakenly gave the wrong expiry date, the credit card was valid....

May be find a way in the computer system, when a booking is made for a later date, and meantime the credit card expires, as to alert that by the time they'll check in, the card will be invalid....

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We're stuck in a sort of no-man's land for the next few days.  Our plane for our trip leaves Friday morning.  We've got all of our cold/wet weather clothes for Alaska stacked up and ready to be put in a suitcase.  The warmer weather clothes for Hawaii will need to wait a few more days since we're still wearing them.  All needed confirmations/tickets/paperwork have been flagged in my Inbox, uploaded to OneNote where Micheline and I can both get them on our phones, .pdf files stored on both phones, a couple of screen shots in our camera rolls and backed up to the cloud, and even a few hard copy printouts where needed.  I think that's 3 belts and 2 pairs of suspenders. 😁

Nothing left to do but one more load of laundry and then final packing.   I used to have work to keep me busy until the first vacation day, but not anymore.  

Twiddling Thumbs GIFs | Tenor

Sounds like you have done a great job in preparing for your trip.    I am also excited and cannot wait to see some photos on your great adventure to Alaska and Hawaii.    Awesome😀  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

This stinks!    sounds like when booking.com accepted the reservation initially their system was set up to confirm it was a valid credit card number but the actual card was not ran until after you did direct confirmation with Hilton.    Easy fix for Booking.com and Hilton, fingers and toes crossed they honor your original booking amount.     By any chance are you a member of Hilton Honors?   If yes they should be able to help.

• Like 2