Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

That’s would be quite frightening.  Luckily my moms hallucinations were 95% auditory and about conversations  with her sisters or other family she hasn’t seen in a long time.  The Sinemet helped slot with her mobility issues, but it was the Nuplazid that did a great job with lessening the duration and frequency of th3 hallucinations.  

Sinemet did not work for me.One of my problems is that I have 13 other medical issues that react negatively to certain medications.Every Parkinsons medication that I have tried have been prescribed in low dosage to not cause me problems with other medications .The Parkinsons meds do not work in low dosage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I worked for SWA for 12 years (1997-2010) and I used to love flying. We traveled somewhere nearly every month back in those days since we could fly for free. The experience is completely different now.

I still love flying.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When the pics are taken they are all thrown into one catch all folder.  If by the end of each day after you post the pics you want to post,  you can move all to that day folder.  That way you start new and don't have to wade through old pics.  If you need an old pic it's easier to find.  I usually name like Day 1 ft Laud

Day 2 at sea

Day 3 Aruba

If one day a bunch of pics I might add

Day 3 Aruba Eagle Beach. 

I am considering a Live review next week.  Once you have fun doing one it's hard not to do it again. I especially enjoy sharing with everyone here.

If I can make it onto the Mariner, I'll do a live next week. First time to Bermuda so that should make it interesting. 

Currently stressed about testing. Our OnPoint test got cancelled, so I signed up for CVS, and last time I tried to use them they cancelled.

Never worried about it when we were doing Walgreens rapid tests

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m a little annoyed with RC right now.  Our last few cruises we’ve purchased drink packages once onboard. Andy doesn’t drink alcohol, but does love espressos, Diet Coke, virgin Pina Colada’s and an occasional Red Bull. Onboard, we’ve been able to purchase the DBP for me and Refreshment Pkg for him with no problem, but paying full price for both.  I recently read some drink thread that mentioned doing this over the phone ahead of time and getting a discounted price.  So I called today, the rep initially said, yes we can do this.  Then she needed a supervisor to override, put me on hold for about 15 minutes and came back to say the can’t do it because no more changes can be made to our cruise planner (we sail 10/30).  When I questioned this, the reason became “the drink packages are sold out”. Huh??  I replied that’s odd because I can go into the cruise planner right now and purchase DBP for both of us, so it’s clearly not sold out - seems more like you just don’t want to give it to me at the discounted price.  She just kept giving me the company line so I gave up.  I’m not sure it’s worth the aggravation of trying again, or just pay more onboard.  

Call again.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When the pics are taken they are all thrown into one catch all folder.  If by the end of each day after you post the pics you want to post,  you can move all to that day folder.  That way you start new and don't have to wade through old pics.  If you need an old pic it's easier to find.  I usually name like Day 1 ft Laud

Day 2 at sea

Day 3 Aruba

If one day a bunch of pics I might add

Day 3 Aruba Eagle Beach. 

I am considering a Live review next week.  Once you have fun doing one it's hard not to do it again. I especially enjoy sharing with everyone here.

I finally got it figured out. Yes keeping everything organized will make life a lot easier.

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

If I can make it onto the Mariner, I'll do a live next week.

It looks like my view count is going into the toilet. 😜😜😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks so much!  All the GKs are a blessing.   Kenzie, Albrey and Caden spent last night with us. They are playing Uno with Shashey now.  So fun.

I forgot to tell what happened a couple weekends ago.  The whole family went to watch Zander play football.   Finnley dressed for the occasion. 

image.thumb.png.a4cbc64988fbc7a9900c8997de7e778f.png

Kenzie was hanging with her cousins. They told Kenzie to ask Gpa about ifly, 

image.thumb.png.e95808248ca4417e9de542c54812f577.png

A couple days later she was at the house.  Gpa, come in here.

image.thumb.png.65556e69722dcae8b3e0c3842cd58eac.png

Gpa, is this like iFly?

image.thumb.png.9a1604f50103e5a0caf3375de2da13d4.png

It's not on the ground......

Like this?

image.thumb.png.4f83585811604a8d464557715503d84d.png

Legs up more..... Like this?

image.thumb.png.7134c99440a9c2b4cde6cc22fcd3db31.png

Yes, that's it!

The cousins said you can give iFLY rides.

image.thumb.png.81b9bcac4264862d9d8a58fa3ec37594.png

Well....

Come on Gpa, let's do it!

image.thumb.png.98681c86bd5856da2a2ec0c71e18c5c1.png

image.thumb.png.97a1fb5b9edf6131f4266f145205983e.png

I love your commentaries and I love these babies.    You are very blessed😃

Now, we need to plan a Kenzie cruise and she can "drive" the ship😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

If I can make it onto the Mariner, I'll do a live next week. First time to Bermuda so that should make it interesting. 

Currently stressed about testing. Our OnPoint test got cancelled, so I signed up for CVS, and last time I tried to use them they cancelled.

Never worried about it when we were doing Walgreens rapid tests

Doesn't Walgreens still do the rapid NAAT ones?

22 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

It's at Le Havre, so plenty of other places to go. Just a shame that we hit on that date. 

Some folks are getting off for a week and staying for games

Yeah, the Normandy beaches is doable from there.  We rented a car right at the port back in 09 and visited the area.  Very easy.  I would never visit Paris while on a cruise landing in Le Havre.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Yeah, the Normandy beaches is doable from there.  We rented a car right at the port back in 09 and visited the area.  Very easy.  I would never visit Paris while on a cruise landing in Le Havre.  

Did Normandy in 2019. 

Thinking about going north

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Lenny, how disappointing.  What did he have to say?  He must have spent some time with you.  Why would he think you would want to see him again?

He asked me to draw some very simple objects ,I was unable to do that.He had a drawing of a clock and asked me to draw ten minutes after 11 .I could not do that.He said 3 words and 5 minutes later asked me to repeat them.I was not able to.He had me step up and down with my feet while seated.I could only do it with my left foot.He held my hand and asked me to resist his pushing.I could not do it with either hand. I kept on telling him that I was in excrutiating pain even sitting in his office .He asked if I was depressed and I said that I was.I told him that at home I am screaming nearly all day because of the pain.He just sat there without an expression.

I told him that I am depressed because I cannot remember simple things like addition and subtraction ,that I was an athlete when I was young and now I cannot walk more than 3 feet.

Today I called a guy who is in my Parkinson’s Support Group ,he recommended one of his doctors.I am going to call one of my nieces who is an MD ,but I cannot do that till Sunday.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

It looks like my view count is going into the toilet. 😜😜😜

32 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am considering a Live review next week. 

Looks like we've got lots of great content coming our way next week!!!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

My mom recently went into hospice. She is in memory care and it does take some of the pressure off of the regular staff there. Hospice is amazing. 

Sorry to hear that your mother is in Hospice.One of my neighbors was in Home Hospice and one of my friends was in a facility Hospice ,both families said that the hospice was amazing.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I need to boost my post count so I limit my Floataway lounge participation. 😁😁😁

Yesterday afternoon I saw my next house neighbor who is a Yankee fan.I asked him who was going to win last night.Instead he asked me and I said Cleveland .He laughed and said “Lenny,please do not watch the game because you will jinx thevYankees.” I did not watch it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Good night tonight. Rangers beat Tampa 3-1 for a good start to thr hockey season.  Rangers looked good, hungry and aggressive.  They had complete control of the game from the first puck drop. Hope it continues for the next 81 games.

Yankees won 4-1 and the Phillies beat Atlanta.  A trifecta night. Could have been a quadfecta night if Seattle could have held a 9th inning lead against Houston.

Train ride home was packed with giddy Ranger & Yankee fans. Twas a good night. 👍

I am happy that the Rangers won .

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m a little annoyed with RC right now.  Our last few cruises we’ve purchased drink packages once onboard. Andy doesn’t drink alcohol, but does love espressos, Diet Coke, virgin Pina Colada’s and an occasional Red Bull. Onboard, we’ve been able to purchase the DBP for me and Refreshment Pkg for him with no problem, but paying full price for both.  I recently read some drink thread that mentioned doing this over the phone ahead of time and getting a discounted price.  So I called today, the rep initially said, yes we can do this.  Then she needed a supervisor to override, put me on hold for about 15 minutes and came back to say the can’t do it because no more changes can be made to our cruise planner (we sail 10/30).  When I questioned this, the reason became “the drink packages are sold out”. Huh??  I replied that’s odd because I can go into the cruise planner right now and purchase DBP for both of us, so it’s clearly not sold out - seems more like you just don’t want to give it to me at the discounted price.  She just kept giving me the company line so I gave up.  I’m not sure it’s worth the aggravation of trying again, or just pay more onboard.  

Hi Deb, I would definitely give a call back and pretend it is your first call into them about purchasing the DBP and refreshment pkg.    

You are able to add/cancel things on your cruise planner up to 2 or 3 days before sailing so you have plenty of time.      

Sounds like you got one of those CSR's that really doesn't know and just makes up their answer as they go.    

Good luck!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I still love flying.

I suppose I still love the actual flying part. Just not the airport experience.

Pre 9/11, I used to park in the employee parking lot behind Love Field, walk in a back door that was right next to the gate area, go through a metal detector, and hop on a flight. Those were the days.

9/11 changed a lot of things, and the pandemic did even more damage to the industry. The last couple of years have made things so much worse, with the staffing shortages and reduced flights.

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 5