Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

@Sea Dog and others for Pain Relief.

Got invited  last night for a free dinner at a local golf course and talk about chronic pain relief. Stems cell etc.                 Regenerative medicines in place of surgery. 

It was quite interesting how far they have come  with this type of medicine.

https://www.reclaimhealthgroup.com/

Reclaim Health Group is a leader in regenerative cell therapy that's been improving patients' quality of life since 2017. Our team has administered over 6,000 stem cell injections to help patients regain mobility in their joints, repair torn ligaments, and experience less pain from musculoskeletal injuries. Additionally, our regenerative tissue transplants have proven to help with joint injuries, providing cushioning, structural support, and viscosity. Services include: Regenerative Cell Therapy Stem Cell Therapy Regenerative Tissue Transplants Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, Reclaim Health Group is committed to helping patients get better through a combination of the latest scientific breakthroughs and the healing power of nature.

I was going to have this done by my doctor brother but after a MRI showed a torn Meniscus, torn ACL, bone spurs and severe arthritis my brother said the stem cell bone marrow transplant would not help me. The studies are very promising and people who have had it done swear by it. Unfortunately it’s not covered by insurance. My brother would do it at cost but it would still be over $3k.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I hope your granddaughter isn't hurting too much!  Did the Dr say how long before the hairline fracture heals?  I guess it may depend on how active she is/will be?

No timeframe that I have heard so far.  It happened a week ago, and she had it x rayed then, then had to have it x-rayed again yesterday.  She seems to get around okay, so it must be in a place that doesn’t affect her walking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I was going to have this done by my doctor brother but after a MRI showed a torn Meniscus, torn ACL, bone spurs and severe arthritis my brother said the stem cell bone marrow transplant would not help me. The studies are very promising and people who have had it done swear by it. Unfortunately it’s not covered by insurance. My brother would do it at cost but it would still be over $3k.

Last night the guy was giving prices for the injection at $6000 - $13,000 depending on your weight and height.

Not even sure how or why we got the invitation, we were the youngest ones there and right now neither my Wife or I have and real bone pains anywhere. There however were some there that were very interested in it.

Might be something for us to consider down the line when we are older.

Like you said right now it's not covered by any health insurance companies. Hopefully  later on it might be somewhat covered for at least a portion off the cost.

Showed some pictures on  a slide show of before and after pictures, bone on bone knees etc and then after the injections 90 to a 120 days later where the Cartilage grew back, Just amazing  if it's all true.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 10

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Last night the guy was giving prices for the injection at $6000 - $13,000 depending on your weight and height.

Not even sure how or why we got the invitation, we were the youngest ones there and right now neither my Wife or I have and real bone pains anywhere.

Might be something for us to consider down the line when we are older.

Like you said right now it's not covered by any health insurance companies. Hopefully  later on it might be somewhat covered for at least a portion off the cost.

Showed some pictures on  a slide show of before and after pictures, bone on bone knees etc and then after the injections 90 to a 120 days later where the Cartilage grew back, Just amazing  if it's all true.

My brother does the procedure and says the results are incredible. Hopefully some day insurance companies will get on board. My right knee replacement was over $60K. You would think insurance companies would like to save that money.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

My brother does the procedure and says the results are incredible. Hopefully some day insurance companies will get on board. My right knee replacement was over $60K. You would think insurance companies would like to save that money.

Exactly !!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Don't try to make sense out of how insurance companies operate.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is 43°F and very windy here in North East England.

We went to church this morning and after the service our church warden gave Pauline several names to write into the church memorial book.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Graham:My in home Occupational Therapist and her husband are going to Switzerland for a mini vacation in a few weeks.They want to bring home chocolate .Do you have any suggestions for a good product ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Fingers crossed we get to Atlantic City Friday.  Two weeks ago it snowed, last week we were both sick, tired of rescheduling!  My host is taking us  to LaStrada for dinner, followed by a host party Friday night.  I don’t want to miss that.  So we shall see.

Hopefully you will be able to get there ,Marietta and Charlie.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, h20skibum said:

My granddaughter was in to have her foot x-rayed again, and they say it has a hairline fracture.  Not bad enough for a boot, which they thought would cause more problems than it would help.

It hasn’t slowed her down much.

Hopefully she will be pain free soon.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you ! I wish I could say I am getting better sleeps but I’m not. Horrible restless leg syndrome at night that consists of a dull ache and heavy tired feeling in my leg muscles. Very frustrating.

Years ago Eric had a bad accident and his tibia-fibia bone were broken along with a shattered ankle bone that required a rod with plate and pins be permanently implanted he had RLS and was prescribed Ropinrole that he would take 2 or 3 hrs before bedtime.   This helped alot.  

Maybe ask your Dr. If this is something that would help you?

• Like 1

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

Years ago Eric had a bad accident and his tibia-fibia bone were broken along with a shattered ankle bone that required a rod with plate and pins be permanently implanted he had RLS and was prescribed Ropinrole that he would take 2 or 3 hrs before bedtime.   This helped alot.  

Maybe ask your Dr. If this is something that would help you?

I will ask about that thank you Debbie.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

It is starting to look like a kitchen again.  Just a little more crown molding, cabinet staining and counter tops.  Then I need to scrub every surface in the house.  Lol

Resized_20240131_165455.thumb.jpeg.8f7569baa043bf2dced88122411c1c34.jpeg

Looking great🤩   

I'm a shorty and always have to bring step stool/ladder to reach cabinets above my fridge but glad to have that storage for things only used on holidays.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Looking great🤩   

I'm a shorty and always have to bring step stool/ladder to reach cabinets above my fridge but glad to have that storage for things only used on holidays.

I am short too.  If my husband who is tall is not around I have a tall step stool too.  I keep my fancy serving bowls in mine.  Used for special occasions.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Yesterday we did take the ferry to Manly and enjoyed the afternoon at the beach.  On our walk there we picked up a picnic lunch.  We don’t get in further than our knees as it’s cold!  I forgot it was the Pacific.  Hopefully when we get up to the GBR the water will be warmer.  

In the a.m. we did our work out and climbed the South pylon museum steps.  We saw climbers on the bridge and decided our climb of 200 steps was a good choice.

Today we’re planning a trip to the Queen Victoria building, maybe China town and then the Royal gardens.  Tonight is the the Sydney opera “The magic flute”. 

Today the “Queen Elizabeth” is parked outside our door.

172D445E-12F1-4CF6-A4D6-CA772AB0640A.jpeg

Sounds like another couple of nice days in Sydney.  We find the sea temperature perfect atm.  You won’t have to worry about the sea temps in GBR, you will be wearing a stinger suit to enter the waters up there.  It’s like  a wetsuit so will give you a layer of warmth, whilst protecting you from the deadly stingers.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

I had a thyroidectomy on Friday. Sutures come out today, and everything is fine- except for a headache that won’t go away. Caffeine, pseudoephedrine and ibuprofen are managing it, but it’s annoying. I don’t normally have headaches, so I am thinking about how much I have to be grateful for. If you typically don’t notice any pain, you don’t really think about it, until you do!

We are having an unprecedented warm spell- today it’s going to be 6 degrees C. And tonight we are going to the National Ballet of Ukraine, which should be lovely!

Meanwhile, I am making a quilt for my not yet born granddaughter! I’m doing a crazy quilt, with scraps from the baby’s brother’s quilt, her mother’s quilt, and her uncles’. I have never done a crazy quilt before, but it’s coming together nicely. It’s going to be colourful!

Ballet sounds lovely.  Would love to see the quilt when finished.  Hope you headache is gone soon.

• Thanks 1

Sun finally came out today.  28C Made DH happy.  He complained yesterday that he hadn’t been able to work on his tan so far this holiday…

Photos from today’s coastal walk (2.7km each way)3A05BB0C-B4D4-414C-9FE4-61E150EBB33E.thumb.jpeg.35971a162bda453edff945b7e534c522.jpeg

E83591C5-C726-49A6-99CC-9D3427ADBE0D.thumb.jpeg.0ca343465576005d0865cf185390f94c.jpeg

28153EBA-C9D7-453F-9F1B-93E2A03CC129.thumb.jpeg.d5eb9c4eb65ea00c99480b4fb18b4f0a.jpeg

DFA2C9F1-6931-4F4A-9005-CAB971245596.thumb.jpeg.2de4a28978698b3f31aca06ca2d0d0f6.jpeg

48F6E0A5-3422-4A52-A1D6-8F7739801826.thumb.jpeg.f2b612758945b36ba992aef86e3af2ab.jpeg

D6152112-D99F-496F-95DE-93856C6EBB59.thumb.jpeg.40c6f3338a8cf0312eae720faf9b8a82.jpeg

0344FC60-D0FE-4A6B-B26F-DCCB9A2791DA.thumb.jpeg.0039888f382e4333506059e1ff8c8c8e.jpeg

77F6CD21-50AA-4D48-9391-185678ED07E7.thumb.jpeg.2c86942081232a791bbfafc31279f99e.jpeg

Above beach was the midpoint of our walk.  

Had a very pleasant swim at this beach end of our walk.59837DD2-9C92-4777-9643-A06F160CA33B.thumb.jpeg.7e2c13b7a92108e2b5eecfd86070d6c5.jpeg

Looks quiet because the school term started this week.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1