Now for something completely different

Ok. Now REALLY for something completely different:

We have a MG car and are arguing about the female voice of the GPS.

DW is adamant it is Sandra Sully. 

Google does help.

Any ideas??

4 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

talking cars,  telling you where go.......lol     what is the world coming too...

It seams non talking cars... and ones you actally change gears yourself are a dying breed..

Must be getting old..... cheers Don

You mean like these?

AstonMartin.thumb.jpg.98bcd0cb55a2a232d9bbb5f4dced40d9.jpg

• Like 1

News reports of the big sperm whale skull being stolen from Killer Whale Museum at Eden. Many cruisers go there on Eden Port stops. I hope ship security are checking pax for the said skull. Would not be a Princess Cruiser ! image.png.0a65e30fca5aac1134b11d4c25bb3866.png

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

News reports of the big sperm whale skull being stolen from Killer Whale Museum at Eden. Many cruisers go there on Eden Port stops. I hope ship security are checking pax for the said skull. Would not be a Princess Cruiser ! image.png.0a65e30fca5aac1134b11d4c25bb3866.png

Homeless hermit crab?  Mermaid?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Hey we had our first cruise ship stop in our town today. Sapphire Princess kicked the season off with a full day visit, she is scheduled to be here until 2300 hrs.

I bet that caused some excitement. April is too early for Alaska.  May is good before all the tourists!

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I bet that caused some excitement. April is too early for Alaska.  May is good before all the tourists!

When we did the Alaskan cruise in 2006, it was in May, ice around and few ships.

I just looked at her itinerary and there is a 23 day gap from this one to the next cruise, I wonder if she is going to refit. We certainly have the facilities here to do it. I'll have a look in a few days and see if she's at the shipyard.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I just looked at her itinerary and there is a 23 day gap from this one to the next cruise, I wonder if she is going to refit. We certainly have the facilities here to do it. I'll have a look in a few days and see if she's at the shipyard.

That sounds very likely, Lisle

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

When we did the Alaskan cruise in 2006, it was in May, ice around and few ships.

We did it in May, of 2004.  Our NCL ship was first in to a few Alaskan ports for that season.  Sadly, had to turn back in Tracy Arm before seeing the glacier.  Too many icebergs and too dangerous.  Still so many wonderful memories, though.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

We were on the last cruise of the year on Diamond Princess in 2012, late September. Beautiful weather.

You were lucky. We met Europeans who

Were returning their rented mobile home early and flying home.  We were on a ferry so more comfortable with the weather. Pros all ports were having fabulous sales. Taxi Driver told me most people go home after the Season finishes.

3 hours ago, lyndarra said:

@Blackduck59

Will arrive Vancouver from Fairbanks 15/6 staying at Best Western Airport hotel then 16/6 we move to Hotel Belmont, Vancouver.  I leave Vancouver for SYD 2225 17/6.

Thanks Lyndon, I'll have a look at a calendar and see what we can do. We don't want to get in the way of any planned adventures you may have. We would probably catch an early ferry on the 16th and overnight in Vancouver. It would be fun to meet in person.

8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Looks good Lyle, Bratwurst, sauerkraut and spatzle? Lubbly jubbly.

Almost Les. Octoberfest sausage, sauerkraut and hashbrowns. That mustard was a spur of the moment choice and it is quite good. I wish I could remember where I got it. I washed it down with the house beer, a very nice Canadian brew called Sleeman's Honey Brown.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mareblu said:

Happy, Happy Birthday, Les.  We’re all thinking if you, and wishing you the happiest of days, particularly this evening’s family dinner gathering 

🎉🎈🎂🍷

Thanks Linda, 75 today, just come back from a bone density test. Looking forward to dinner, but will it be as good as Donegans? Shea was excellent on the grill.🥩

712576529_donegans2.thumb.jpg.3bf8f6518fce7a762e4bc0eb52d06ec2.jpgdonegans.jpg.97f7ffb9cf101e4d1e5212129e6d91ea.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 3