Plans for Third Sydney Cruise Ship Terminal Delayed 18 Months

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Back in the old days, we had the Matthew Talbot Hostel and the Peoples Palace where were used to take those less fortunate then ourselves, probably all gone now. Salvos at Central will do Lyle, week old Railway Pies served there.

Yes, the less fortunate, It does make you sad.

We have to appreciate our good fortune.

Here we are annoyed that we can’t go cruising.  Aren’t we spoiled.

I WANT MY GRAND SUITE!!!

Speaking of the old peoples Palace, if my memory serves me right it was on the eastern side of George St near the Central Station end, opposite what is now The Great Southern Hotel. If so, it is now all backpacker accommodation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

After his quarantine at the Salvation Army Home at Central Railway, or shall we send him to the Hyatt at Circular Quay? 

Quarantine? I may have a long time to "train" as I won't be leaving Canada if there are quarantines.

That being said I am well trained in beer quaffing, I know how to properly taste wine but really don't understand the lingo (I just like it or not). And I'm afraid that I would be a failure at the Scotch or Bourbon relay, but would do well with Rye (Canadian) whiskey or even the Rum run (without the run part).  

Cheers

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, christodan said:

I don't really care what you think. But I have 4 degrees in total. One of them in Medical Science. Is that scientific enough for you? 

And no, I am too busy doing my own research in medical areas at the moment to do environmental research. But I'll take your answer as an admission that you do not have peer reviewed academic sources to back your claims. 

only 4 .   you need another 4  ..  so you have time to post on here but no time to do your own research into cruise company behaviour .. ok no probs lol

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Great news, I have done some research and found that the new botany bay terminal is up for the highest bidder.

The Government never disappoints when there is cash involved. History will show plenty of examples of this behaviour.

i offered them 5 bucks to each of them in brown paper bag or a aldi one .. but they wanted 6 bucks each and free lunch 

44 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Quarantine? I may have a long time to "train" as I won't be leaving Canada if there are quarantines.

That being said I am well trained in beer quaffing, I know how to properly taste wine but really don't understand the lingo (I just like it or not). And I'm afraid that I would be a failure at the Scotch or Bourbon relay, but would do well with Rye (Canadian) whiskey or even the Rum run (without the run part).  

Cheers

Lyle 

Once in a alcoholic haze ,a fellow said to me ,that drunks are some of the most intelligent people.

He said it was because of Darwin’s theory of the survival of the fittest.

The alcohol kills the weak brain cells and the smart ones survive.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

only 4 .   you need another 4  ..  so you have time to post on here but no time to do your own research into cruise company behaviour .. ok no probs lol

I think you’re the research ,Rod baby.

Where have you been broken down in that car of yours.

Edited by Chiliburn

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Of course you may have so much more control over your drinking arm after your recovery. Perhaps your physiotherapist can help you with that😁

it was fine when I still had the multiple canulas in place. One for the drip, one for the drugs, one for drinkies. 

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Back in the old days, we had the Matthew Talbot Hostel and the Peoples Palace where were used to take those less fortunate then ourselves, probably all gone now. 

Mention of the Peoples Palace brings back memories of a bloke I knew who worked for a government department in Newcastle some years ago. When they came to Sydney for work (meeting/conference or the like) they were paid a per diem to cover their expenses, including for driving down & back & their hotel & meals. The bloke was a bit of a character & would get the train & stay at the People's Palace & generally spend as little as he could, and then take home the 'profit'. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mr walker said:

Mention of the Peoples Palace brings back memories of a bloke I knew who worked for a government department in Newcastle some years ago. When they came to Sydney for work (meeting/conference or the like) they were paid a per diem to cover their expenses, including for driving down & back & their hotel & meals. The bloke was a bit of a character & would get the train & stay at the People's Palace & generally spend as little as he could, and then take home the 'profit'. 

Did the same thing in a few jobs when I got per diem fees, get by at lowest cost possible and increase my take home.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Now we are back in discussions maybe @gbenjo can join us and plan transport for the port Botany cruise terminal.

I m still pretty hot on the waterslide idea but what about a Zipline from the airport.

Gee..you do have a drinking problem don’t you. 😱😱

Edited by gbenjo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

Gee..you do have a drinking problem don’t you. 😱😱

Well .a man has to have a hobby Grey-ham.

Glad you could join us we have the entire team here ,even rod. And rod has attracted a resident cruise critic psychologist .

So whats you’re thoughts on a flying fox (Australian name for zip line)from the airport to the port Botany cruise terminal????

13 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Well .a man has to have a hobby Grey-ham.

Glad you could join us we have the entire team here ,even rod. And rod has attracted a resident cruise critic psychologist .

So whats you’re thoughts on a flying fox (Australian name for zip line)from the airport to the port Botany cruise terminal????

I would place as much relevance on that as I do on any comment the fisherman makes. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, in rod we trust said:

i offered them 5 bucks to each of them in brown paper bag or a aldi one .. but they wanted 6 bucks each and free lunch 

Why not throw in a few snapper and crays Rod, that would get them in.  I often saw a few pollies and council heavies having a snappy seafood lunch at ye olde Yarra Bay Sailing Club.

Edited by NSWP

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

@in rod we trust  have a look at wonder of the seas, you will probably see in port Botany in 5-8 years.

Biggest ship in the world will be launched at the end of next year bound for Asia-Pacific and guess who owns it.Your favourite company.

4A80CF72-66E3-471D-AA42-186703F47FEF.thumb.png.2916e9394f176143badd0a01e30802e1.png

as i mentioned its a floating diseased garbage can .  but gee that one is a garbage tip .. thats one ugly looking ship .  i can imagine you all being packed in like sardine's . "its a wonder alright"  i "wonder"  why the heck would anybody like to spend a vacation aboard  one of these garbage cans ..  we have a awesome planet that has many awesome places in it,  why would you waste time and money packed in like sardine's overcrowded pools, dinner area , decks etc , and catch somebody else's disease .. time and life is short go and see the beauty of the world in all its glory not waste it aboard a packed infested floating garbage can.  

Edited by in rod we trust
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

as i mentioned its a floating diseased garbage can .  but gee that one is a garbage tip .. thats one ugly looking ship .  i can imagine you all being packed in like sardine's . "its a wonder alright"  i "wonder"  why the heck would anybody like to spend a vacation aboard  one of these garbage cans ..  we have a awesome planet that has many wonder's in it,  why would you waste time and money packed in like sardine's overcrowded pools, dinner area , decks etc , and catch somebody else's disease .. time and life is short go and see the beauty of the world in all its glory not waste it aboard a packed infested floating garbage can.  

See what I mean Chilliburn?

• Thanks 1

what about that container ship that got caught out in the rough weather dropped all those container's overboard .  imagine if a cruise ship was in yarra bay on the weekend it would of ended up on the beach stuck.  or if a explosion happened at the port less than 100 mtrs from the proposed  cruise dock..  here is couple pics one of all the facemasks from a container that was towed into hawkesbury that broke apart and 8 days ago a small boat had eng probs at mollineaux point ..  

its about the dumbest idea to put a cruise ship in yarra bay or any where near those gas storage containers.. accidents always happen's and there have been few gas leaks there in the past.  its only getting older them storage tanks  even more dangerous .  

masks 1.jpg

molli point.jpg

masks.jpg

7 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Read somewhere in the past few days that there is an attempt to get approval for a fast ferry service between Botany Bay and Sydney Harbour. How does that grab you Rod?

yeah there is  another stupid

idea.. no parking anywhere . bad transport , and too dangerous for a ferry there .. the old wharf got washed away in a storm .  i can imagine people getting on a ferry to yarra bay  lol  its going to be one hell of a ride for them ,  that wharf will need so much maintaining  if it ever happens .  why do ya think they never ever put one back in .. i think the last ferry to go there was 1967 .  this is just more dumb politicians that have no clue how dangerous that place is and take away the focus on there bad records and rorts   but in saying all that id rather a ferry wharf there than a massive cruise terminal thats for sure 

Edited by in rod we trust