Plans for Third Sydney Cruise Ship Terminal Delayed 18 Months

7 hours ago, mr walker said:

I put that poster on my ignore list a long time ago. There is nothing that he posts that would be of interest to me, just like a blowhard at the pub etc, you just avoid them. You know the type - when they start speaking everybody needs to leave to polish the silverware/mow the lawn/take the dog for a walk etc. Occasionally I see what he posts when someone quotes him - yep nothing missed in not reading his drivel. 

But mr walker it’s the entertainment value.

When the troll is around bloggers come from nowhere.

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

I have a pack of frozen pies in my freezer, I saw them today. Although they are a well respected brand they are still lame. That being said maybe I'll do them tomorrow night.

Lyle do you people eat meat pies?

I thought it was only the pommies ,kiwis and Ozzie’s.

2 hours ago, Russell21 said:

With Pies that is a question that a dedicated Pie Muncher never asks. I even pushed the same pies a while back, they are very  good for a frozen pie.

Scotts been around for years, value.

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

@GUT2407

I emailed my agent about our cruise .

They deferred the final payment till 22 September to see what happens.

Thanks @Chiliburn We booked direct and I “think” final for us is Oct, will need to check with “she”. But if Serenade isn’t on her way early Sept we will have our answer, and I am pretty sure than answer is no.

Slight aside we were also doing a circumnavigation of Aus and NZ in Feb Mar, cancelled that a few weeks ago, we had a fair whack tied up in deposits (almost enough to pay for December) got it back this week, can;t complain about that.

1 minute ago, GUT2407 said:

Thanks @Chiliburn We booked direct and I “think” final for us is Oct, will need to check with “she”. But if Serenade isn’t on her way early Sept we will have our answer, and I am pretty sure than answer is no.

Slight aside we were also doing a circumnavigation of Aus and NZ in Feb Mar, cancelled that a few weeks ago, we had a fair whack tied up in deposits (almost enough to pay for December) got it back this week, can;t complain about that.

Gut, why did you cancel that one, domestic cruise, no flights, probably would have happened.

44 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Gut, why did you cancel that one, domestic cruise, no flights, probably would have happened.

1. I really doubt it will happen.

2. The last two cruises really took their toll on my back and I doubt I could get through 35 days.

3. Being self employed COVID had hit the old bank balance, and income stream, pretty hard While overheads goon, and I had to make the call while could still get my money back

8 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Thanks

Smart to cancel as Feb March is cyclone season.  Not the best time of year for smooth sailing with a bad back. Glad you got your deposit back. How much was the deposit?

12 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Smart to cancel as Feb March is cyclone season.  Not the best time of year for smooth sailing with a bad back. Glad you got your deposit back. How much was the deposit?

Couple of grand from memory. (mrs G looks after that side of life.

• 3 months later...
18 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

The US is going to reform the 1st fleet a we are building a huge navy base just east of Darwin.

Maybe we can get rid of Garden island 

Did Rod tell you that? Feasible, he is the learned one. Certainly Garden Island is the spot for the second Sydney terminal, beats Botany, bit more scenic.

40 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Did Rod tell you that? Feasible, he is the learned one. Certainly Garden Island is the spot for the second Sydney terminal, beats Botany, bit more scenic.

There’s been talk of it for a couple of years now. I don’t think anything official has been announced .

Glyde point it earmarked for a multi use port and the US is going to buy part of it.

It was before Congress for funding and has gone topsecret.

The NT government just completed a big highway in record time to Glyde point.

When asked what the highway to nowhere was for ,the government said it’s for locals to go fishing and it’s a great fishing spot.

F06CB1AC-46C9-4007-9258-6B1F0648BCE4.thumb.jpeg.b818b64a897b861ab009298c37e80040.jpeg