Rebooked using Have it All Promotion

DaveOKC

My HAL PCC talked me into rebooking my Aug, 2021 cruise (17 days) using the new Have It All promotion.  My fare increased by $400 pp, but I added well over $1000 pp in freebies, including free gratuities, free drinks, free premium internet and a Signature Dining package (meal in Canaletto and Pinnacle).  Check it out, good until the end of June.  I was able to keep my existing cabin and used my future cruise deposit (and $200 pp in credits).

• Like 3

I know people who rebooked their January 2021 Caribbean cruise on the Eurodam, after the Eurodam was booked as a full ship charter. They chose another date, and were automatically given the new promotion. Most kept the same fare. All are very happy !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveOKC said:

My HAL PCC talked me into rebooking my Aug, 2021 cruise (17 days) using the new Have It All promotion.  My fare increased by $400 pp, but I added well over $1000 pp in freebies, including free gratuities, free drinks, free premium internet and a Signature Dining package (meal in Canaletto and Pinnacle).  Check it out, good until the end of June.  I was able to keep my existing cabin and used my future cruise deposit (and $200 pp in credits).

Thanks for the heads up.  I just booked Eurodam for Christmas 2020 with this promotion.  Hoping it happens.

i just took a look at our August 2021, Greenland, and have asked to have the promotion added.  Also moving to a vista, from lanai.  I would end up buying the internet so that helps.

I posted this earlier on the roll call thread for the Oosterdam March 21, 2020, 28 day Hawaii and Tahiti cruise. For next years cruise (in February 2021) the “Have It All” promotion is no deal at all, in fact it is highway robbery. 

All figures are in Canadian funds.

We looked at the 2121 Tahiti cruise and as of today with fees and taxes they want twice as much as we paid for the cruise that got cancelled. The new cruise includes the drink package, free gratuities,  signature dinning package and free WiFi for suites. The port fees taxes and cancellation insurance are included in this price and that put the cost per traveler for the February 2121 cruise at $9025.91. We had an inside booked for this years cruise and that is what we priced out for the 2121 cruise. The 2121 cruise is for 32 days whilst the 2020 cruise was for 28 days. The free WiFi is meaningless to us as we would not be booking a suite  anyway. Our cancelled cruise cost us just over $4,500.00 each and that included free gratuities and $1,200.00 ship board credit.

The 2121 cruise is on the MS Rotterdam a smaller ship than the MS Oosterdam with one less dining option and fewer entertainment options. The four extra days, drink package and dinning package purchased on their own would not double the price of our original 2020 booking. If we had accepted the 125% FCC and used it for the 2121 cruise we would  still have had to put more of our cash into the pot. 

I suspect many future cruise prices got upped to cover cruise line losses. Only time will tell if cruise consumers will or will not fall for the price increases.

Edited by billbunger

13 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Thanks for the heads up.  I just booked Eurodam for Christmas 2020 with this promotion.  Hoping it happens.

i just took a look at our August 2021, Greenland, and have asked to have the promotion added.  Also moving to a vista, from lanai.  I would end up buying the internet so that helps.

We are also doing Greenland - Aug 28 - is this the one you are on?

7 hours ago, billbunger said:

I posted this earlier on the roll call thread for the Oosterdam March 21, 2020, 28 day Hawaii and Tahiti cruise. For next years cruise (in February 2021) the “Have It All” promotion is no deal at all, in fact it is highway robbery. 

All figures are in Canadian funds.

We looked at the 2121 Tahiti cruise and as of today with fees and taxes they want twice as much as we paid for the cruise that got cancelled. The new cruise includes the drink package, free gratuities,  signature dinning package and free WiFi for suites. The port fees taxes and cancellation insurance are included in this price and that put the cost per traveler for the February 2121 cruise at $9025.91. We had an inside booked for this years cruise and that is what we priced out for the 2121 cruise. The 2121 cruise is for 32 days whilst the 2020 cruise was for 28 days. The free WiFi is meaningless to us as we would not be booking a suite  anyway. Our cancelled cruise cost us just over $4,500.00 each and that included free gratuities and $1,200.00 ship board credit.

The 2121 cruise is on the MS Rotterdam a smaller ship than the MS Oosterdam with one less dining option and fewer entertainment options. The four extra days, drink package and dinning package purchased on their own would not double the price of our original 2020 booking. If we had accepted the 125% FCC and used it for the 2121 cruise we would  still have had to put more of our cash into the pot. 

I suspect many future cruise prices got upped to cover cruise line losses. Only time will tell if cruise consumers will or will not fall for the price increases.

Part of the difference is likely the different ship.  The smaller Rotterdam is often more expensive than the larger ships, but it really depends on the category.  If you booked a balcony on the Oosterdam, you MAY have booked a Vista (the comparable balcony) which is almost always more expensive.  The Neptune Suites are also normally more expensive on the smaller ships, primarily due (IMO) to the fact that there are considerably fewer of them.  We usually try to book on the larger ships such as the Oosterdam, as we find them to be a better "value" for the cabins.

In my case, we simply rebooked the same cabin on the same ship, so it worked out great.

5 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

In my case, we simply rebooked the same cabin on the same ship, so it worked out great.

I don't think you understood my original post regarding the cost, the cabin and the perks for the two comparable cruises. You may want to glean it again.

6 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

We are also doing Greenland - Aug 28 - is this the one you are on?

I'm thinking of booking this cruise but I just can't seem to hit the final button to accept the booking.  I love Greenland and have sailed there twice with HAL in the past.  Is there a roll call yet for this sailing?

56 minutes ago, Sue from Canada said:

I'm thinking of booking this cruise but I just can't seem to hit the final button to accept the booking.  I love Greenland and have sailed there twice with HAL in the past.  Is there a roll call yet for this sailing?

Too far out - I have not looked for it yet.

I'm looking to rebook under this promotion for 2021, but I agree with some of the others on the increased fares.  I spent the entire afternoon today on HAL's website and every 30+ day sailing I checked on was almost twice the price from when I looked into the same cruises late last year before all this started, including the Tahiti cruise being discussed.  We can handle the increase but the Tahiti trip on Rotterdam and Amazon Explorer on Amsterdam are both definitely highway robbery!  Even on insides!!

Note: I did not find out what the Mariner discount would be, if any, but in the past it was never anything to write home about.

We cancelled our Dec. Veendam cruise as I just wasn't sure cruises would be sailing by then. Booked a new Veendam cruise using the Have it All Sale for Feb. 2021 and got a Vista Suite. Double sailing days plus all the free stuff. Am using my FCC from our cancelled April Veendam cruise towards the fare. Love the Veendam and sailed on her in Feb. 2020 - our new favorite small Holland ship. Keep safe everyone.