CRUISE DATE-CANCELLATION DATE-REFUND DATE???

trrn2016

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Update:

Cruise Date: March 29, 2020

Cancelation Date: March 12th 

Refund date: April 20th in FCC bc I paid with gift cards + $244.32

Screenshot_20200420-143932_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6cea0293f82c8a858f1ad0d8bfc610d2.jpg

Rebooked 1 cruise & PVP added in 25 OBC

Finally, some good news.  I take it you picked option #1.  

I understand you got your gift card amounts back in future cruise credits and not back on the gift card... is this correct??  

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Update:

Refund date: April 20th in FCC bc I paid with gift cards + $244.32

Screenshot_20200420-143932_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6cea0293f82c8a858f1ad0d8bfc610d2.jpg

Rebooked 1 cruise & PVP added in 25 OBC

Great news - glad to see some movement starting. I cancelled 2 days before you and my cruise was 2 weeks before yours, so this makes me hopeful that I might see something this week maybe! Fingers crossed. Thanks for the update!

• Like 2

Lower EZ-Air price changed-early March- No Refund for credit??????????

I canceled May 31st sailing Early April- No refund

Wondering where the credit is for EZ-Air and also wondering if the cruise credit going by order of sailing dates or my canceled date? So confusing, no one knows...

This article describes how airlines, cruise companies, hotels, etc. are delaying refunds as much as possible to keep from bleeding cash. Let’s face it, it takes no time to process the refunds. The only reason to delay is to spread out the pain. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/travel/confusing-coronavirus-refund-policies-frustrate-travelers/2020/04/02/d68a146a-7073-11ea-aa80-c2470c6b2034_story.html

The article ends by saying once the Coronavirus emergency ends, customer friendly policies will return. 

Cruise Date:  March 29, 2020

Cancelled:   March 12, 2020   (Form submitted March 17 - Option 1)

Refund Date:   FCC received April 20, 2020 

We have not received a credit to credit card for taxes & fees, yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Still owed my bonus FCC + insurance refund but PVP says the rest will trickle in (got port fees + taxes back)

Just got bonus credits and insurance refund. Other cruisers can't be far behind! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Poulsbo Cruisers said:

The article ends by saying once the Coronavirus emergency ends, customer friendly policies will return. 

That's good since for most travel companies customer friendly policies have not existed for years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

Just got bonus credits and insurance refund. Other cruisers can't be far behind! 

So happy for you!  I see you are booked again already. Something to look forward to!

Edited by dog

3 minutes ago, dog said:

So happy for you!  I see you are booked again already. Something to look forward too!

Didn't take me long!

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jewel22 said:

Cruise Date:  March 29, 2020

Cancelled:   March 12, 2020   (Form submitted March 17 - Option 1)

Refund Date:   FCC received April 20, 2020 

We have not received a credit to credit card for taxes & fees, yet.

So happy for you! Nice to see the refunds starting. Re: taxes etc. Check in to that. Might be to credit card or a holding account

Edited by dog

I am happy for you.  I guess that is progress.

However, to my knowledge, we have not seen many CASH refunds.  Easier for them to give the FCC as it does not require any upfront monetary outlay.  Will be even happier once people (and me!) start getting actual money back.

On another thread, someone reported today that they got their 225% FCC. 

So, the FCC reports are trickling in, prompting me to worry that they are processing all those credits before they process cash refunds.  Sure hope I am wrong!

Edited by LDVinNC
left off a word

Yeah. I was worried that would happen 2 weeks ago when I had only gotten my charge card refund for the 1st leg of my B2B and then didn't get any concrete response while Princess was taking time to issue even FCC

We were on the last sailing on the Regal, March 1-8.  Received FCC immediately for the 16 hour delay, but still waiting on airline change fee and hotel refunds.  Trip insurance won't cover anything since it is related to a pandemic even though the word COVID-19 didn't exist back in September!  Princess changed their cancellation policy to allow you to cancel within 48 hours while we were already on the cruise.  Not holding my breath for any money from anyone at this point.  Keep getting the runaround.

Blue...  same here submitted my $511.72 reimbursement request over six weeks ago.  Unfortunately we can not dispute our credit card charges since services were delivered.

I've noted on our roll call that NO ONE has received any reimbursement cash so far.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2020 at 9:57 PM, mthomp5 said:

Cruise date:  3/28/2020

cancel date: 2/25/2020

refund to credit card: 2/27/2020 (50%)

I was in the 50% penalty period.

On 4/16/2020 at 6:43 AM, famski740 said:

Cruise date: June 2, 2020

Cancellation date:  March 7, 2020

Refund date:  March 9, 2020 received refund for specialty dinning that I paid for, and for about 89.5% of total paid for cruise.

On 4/16/2020 at 7:50 AM, Ombud said:

Both Grand Princess cruises cancelled by Princess

Cruise Date: March 22, 2020

Cancelation Date: March 4th 

Refund to charge card Date: March 12th:  100% $$ + 50% FCC. Other 50% FCC pndg 

Refund date: April 20, 2020 (FCC + bucket?)

A few of us did get money back plus FCC. And that's just the cruisers on CC. My friends also got charge card refunded, FCC to pay off Panama Cruise in 2021, and none of us contested it

Hunky, when is your cruise??

Edited by Ombud
  • Thanks 1

There are no downsides to filing a credit card dispute.  But first call Princess and see if they would like to immediately refund your card while you are on the call.  Threaten to file a dispute - that is more time consuming and involved then just issuing a refund.

Ombud - I was on the delayed arrival of Regal Princess into Port Everglades on March 8, 2020.  Princess sent a letter to each cabin stating they would reimburse one night's hotel, flight change fees, etc. due to the delay.  Along with free internet and phone calls.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1