A Cruise Ship Entertainer View of Things

prescottbob

Thank you, interesting article.

I wonder about her definition of small and large ships. There are very, very few at 800. And 3000 though large is about half the size of the new ships that are now seemingly the new industry standard.

Our friends son is an entertainer on RCI Voyager.  The ship is now off Manila.   They have been at sea, without any customers, for 36 days.  They are being treated very well by RCI but of course he has had no income during this period.  As of yesterday, his time, he is still unsure if he will be allowed to disembark or how he will get home to Canada.

Thank you for posting  -- very interesting. 

We are fans with of the Hawaiian Ambassadors on Princess, Elua, they are a husband and wife team.  DW has been following Tiki Dave's FB concerts and ukulele play alongs.  He has a small sign with web-addresses for a virtual tip jar.  We have enjoyed them on board and now are enjoying, and now from home. We'll be sending a nice tip,   

He mentioned that some people have asked him where one of his particular ukuleles was, he said it was still on the Star Princess.  They needed to leave quickly and they couldn't carry all of their equipment.   At least they were able to get home to Hilo.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

I so much prefer HAL's smaller S & R ships. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they'll be first to be brought back into service.

That is what I was thinking, but HAL has decided on the Eurodam and Koningsdam for a possible Alaska start in July.

Edited by SilvertoGold