Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
SilvertoGold

Have You Been Informed That Your FCC Is Available For Use?

Recommended Posts

A lot of threads full of good info about refunds, received or, more likely, not yet.

 

How about FCCs?  Have many received these yet?

 

Our cruise was cancelled by HAL on March 13 and we haven't heard anything, after nearly 7 weeks.   Is this the norm? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

A lot of threads full of good info about refunds, received or, more likely, not yet.

 

How about FCCs?  Have many received these yet?

 

Our cruise was cancelled by HAL on March 13 and we haven't heard anything, after nearly 7 weeks.   Is this the norm? 

Our March 18 cruise was cancelled on March 13.  After asking several times my PCC can see the details of our FCC.  It is not available to be used.  I keep getting the 60 days qualifier.  If 60 days and no refunds and FCC I’m cancelling another cruise requesting refund.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Our March 18 cruise was cancelled on March 13.  After asking several times my PCC can see the details of our FCC.  It is not available to be used.  I keep getting the 60 days qualifier.  If 60 days and no refunds and FCC I’m cancelling another cruise requesting refund.

 

Thanks for your info.  Hmm, so it is supposed to be available only after 60 days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

 

Thanks for your info.  Hmm, so it is supposed to be available only after 60 days?

I think that the 60 day applies because we are to have port taxes ad insurance refunded to the credit card.  It’s only a guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I think that the 60 day applies because we are to have port taxes ad insurance refunded to the credit card.  It’s only a guess.

 

Thanks!  This gets just more and more complicated.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our cruise was also cancelled on March 13th. My PCC called me today and said it's still going to be another 60 days. We have our Feb. 2021 cruise booked and she said she would see it gets applied to that cruise. Hard to remain patient sometimes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Djptcp said:

Our cruise was also cancelled on March 13th. My PCC called me today and said it's still going to be another 60 days. We have our Feb. 2021 cruise booked and she said she would see it gets applied to that cruise. Hard to remain patient sometimes!

I hope that isn’t true.  When was your sailing?  Hoping they are using sail date to complete FCC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I hope that isn’t true.  When was your sailing?  Hoping they are using sail date to complete FCC.

 

They should be using the sail date.  Not sure what other criteria would be used.  Our cruise was one of the first three cancelled by HAL.  It seems that the 60 more days timeline is what we are looking at now, for a total of 15 weeks from sail date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Our June 7th cruise was canceled.  We chatted and picked another cruise for June 2021.  I contacted our PCC and we got all signed up.  She didn't ask for a deposit - and said when our FCC was available it would be applied.  

 

At first when I signed in to the website it said a deposit was due on April 30th, but after two days that disappeared.  So, we have a cruise booked - HAL still has our money for our flights and some other things, but I am sure it will all be worked out.  

 

Pat

Edited by pmcubed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know if we can rebook now and apply the FCC when we get it, or can you only apply it to a new booking? I'd like to get my reservation for next year before they jack up the prices any more...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We booked for next January.  My TA was told by HAL that my FCC can be applied to that cruise when it is available.  I wanted to book for the I want it All promotion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, strickerj said:

Anyone know if we can rebook now and apply the FCC when we get it, or can you only apply it to a new booking? I'd like to get my reservation for next year before they jack up the prices any more...

I booked a cruise for next year also and my pvp said the FCC can be applied when it is posted.  However, I was required to put a DP on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, secondchance said:

I booked a cruise for next year also and my pvp said the FCC can be applied when it is posted.  However, I was required to put a DP on it.

Awesome, thanks. I figured I'd have to put down a deposit since the FCC terms say it can't be used for deposits, port taxes and fees, or shore excursions. I'll book it next week when my next credit card billing cycle starts 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All those who have booked and will be able to apply the FCC when it is posted to the payment:

 

did you use your FCD/FCC that you bought on board for the deposit?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

All those who have booked and will be able to apply the FCC when it is posted to the payment:

 

did you use your FCD/FCC that you bought on board for the deposit?  

yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We booked the Westerdam three consecutive cruises, 1 February to 14 March.  Got home on 21 February.  About a week later we were refunded the cost of the first two cruises, including port charges and taxes.  On 17 March I received an email from HAL stating that we had about $4000. in Future Cruise Credits.  I am not ready to book a new cruise, but I assume that I can use them from that date.  On February 26 we received an email stating that we would be refunded the amount of the third cruise, including Port Charges, etc and the payment would take 2 to 3 weeks to process.  That was more than 60 days ago and we have not yet received anything from the third cruise.  Looks like we fared better than most, probably because the cruises were cancelled at a time when HAL had more cash on hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

yes

 

Excellent! There is no problem with receiving the FCC associated with the FCD?  I am thinking of what can be combined or not with the cruise cancellation FCC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

We booked the Westerdam three consecutive cruises, 1 February to 14 March.  Got home on 21 February.  About a week later we were refunded the cost of the first two cruises, including port charges and taxes.  On 17 March I received an email from HAL stating that we had about $4000. in Future Cruise Credits.  I am not ready to book a new cruise, but I assume that I can use them from that date.  On February 26 we received an email stating that we would be refunded the amount of the third cruise, including Port Charges, etc and the payment would take 2 to 3 weeks to process.  That was more than 60 days ago and we have not yet received anything from the third cruise.  Looks like we fared better than most, probably because the cruises were cancelled at a time when HAL had more cash on hand.

 

This is very interesting: thanks for posting.  You definitely got under the wire.  HAL emailed you about your situation!  This is a great example of before and after this mess hit the fan:  "Before" was the first two cruise refunds and the "After" is the wait, with the rest of us, for the third cruise refund.

 

Glad you have done so well.  Your time on the Westerdam must have been quite something else!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

 

This is very interesting: thanks for posting.  You definitely got under the wire.  HAL emailed you about your situation!  This is a great example of before and after this mess hit the fan:  "Before" was the first two cruise refunds and the "After" is the wait, with the rest of us, for the third cruise refund.

 

Glad you have done so well.  Your time on the Westerdam must have been quite something else!

Lets say that they were "Interesting Times".  Another thing I am waiting on is the expenses from our time in Cambodia and two flights that I had to book onboard and then cancel when we were escorted away from the shores of Thailand.  I sent in the form with all the supporting documents on 5 March.  On April 17, I received an email from HAL that they will provide full reimbursement for the expenses of $1784.81.  That is to the penny of what I had requested.  But they say that I will receive a check from a third-party vendor, not Holland America Line and it should be issued 60 days from the request date.  I wonder who the "third-party vendor" is.  I assume the 60 days is from their request date, not mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

Lets say that they were "Interesting Times".  Another thing I am waiting on is the expenses from our time in Cambodia and two flights that I had to book onboard and then cancel when we were escorted away from the shores of Thailand.  I sent in the form with all the supporting documents on 5 March.  On April 17, I received an email from HAL that they will provide full reimbursement for the expenses of $1784.81.  That is to the penny of what I had requested.  But they say that I will receive a check from a third-party vendor, not Holland America Line and it should be issued 60 days from the request date.  I wonder who the "third-party vendor" is.  I assume the 60 days is from their request date, not mine.

We received the same email that I have saved from HAL on 4/17. We are asking the same thing 3rd party vendor? So around 6/17?. I sent my email to my PCC.

Denise😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since this is a claim against HAL, rather than a refund of money paid to HAL, I wonder if it means that the money will come from HAL's insurance carrier?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2020 at 1:44 PM, USN59-79 said:

Lets say that they were "Interesting Times".  Another thing I am waiting on is the expenses from our time in Cambodia and two flights that I had to book onboard and then cancel when we were escorted away from the shores of Thailand.  I sent in the form with all the supporting documents on 5 March.  On April 17, I received an email from HAL that they will provide full reimbursement for the expenses of $1784.81.  That is to the penny of what I had requested.  But they say that I will receive a check from a third-party vendor, not Holland America Line and it should be issued 60 days from the request date.  I wonder who the "third-party vendor" is.  I assume the 60 days is from their request date, not mine.

Good to hear about flight reimbursements. We were on March 1 Maasdam Aukland to San Diego. We were forced to make flights from Hilo and Honolulu, and cancel both as our ship was turned away. Submitted form March 28 and no response yet. Also waiting for 19/34 day FCC @225% for second leg of cruise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2020 at 4:44 PM, USN59-79 said:

Lets say that they were "Interesting Times".  Another thing I am waiting on is the expenses from our time in Cambodia and two flights that I had to book onboard and then cancel when we were escorted away from the shores of Thailand.  I sent in the form with all the supporting documents on 5 March.  On April 17, I received an email from HAL that they will provide full reimbursement for the expenses of $1784.81.  That is to the penny of what I had requested.  But they say that I will receive a check from a third-party vendor, not Holland America Line and it should be issued 60 days from the request date.  I wonder who the "third-party vendor" is.  I assume the 60 days is from their request date, not mine.

 

Could the 3rd party vendor be Bottomline Technologies?  They are the firm who sends out refunds when you depart a ship with refundable OBC.  We've gotten checks from them several times about a month or so after a cruise.  You have to watch carefully for their envelopes since they sort of look like junk mail.  I do believe the return address says Bottomline Technologies so once you know who you are waiting for it makes it easier to scan the junk mail each day.  However, just to make sure we always take a peek inside plain white envelopes looking for that check.  You never know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Could the 3rd party vendor be Bottomline Technologies?  They are the firm who sends out refunds when you depart a ship with refundable OBC.  We've gotten checks from them several times about a month or so after a cruise.

 

Was your onboard account set up on a cash basis? Every cruise I've ever been on, my refundable OBC was credited to my credit card on file (the card I used when my onboard account was set up).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...