New Website Look

cellfree

Anyone else experiencing a new website look on msccruisesusa.com? Not a fan yet but I realize "a change is as good as a rest" as the old saying goes. I am finding when I try to look at the site on my ipad that I get the message "portrait mode not supported" so do not like that, I keep my tablet locked n portrait mode, just easier for me. And although I hate to mention this, I would rather my taxes be returned to my credit card (I chose FCC) in a more timely manner than MSC using web guys to change-up the site.

• Like 1

Yes, it looks like MSC USA has finally gone to the format the rest of the world has had for a while now.

ETA: The Terms & Conditions changed from the PDF format back to the web page FAQ style.  The YC having a non-refundable deposit is still inconsistent.  The new definition of "refund" now being as a FCC also remains.

Edited by Até

2 hours ago, capitalbarry said:

Again, still can't log in, sigh... always asked to verified my email address, send, then ERROR, please try back later, GRRR 

Exact same problem for me.

Why you would need to verify your email address for a website change is beyond me, but yeah...doesn't work.

Glad to know they are working on breaking the website instead of processing refunds.

2 hours ago, capitalbarry said:

Again, still can't log in, sigh... always asked to verified my email address, send, then ERROR, please try back later, GRRR 

I just tried and got the same.  So much for improvement.

And yes, why not process refunds.

13 hours ago, cellfree said:

Ate you said it was the format the rest of the world was using. But every other site I do searches on can be viewed in “portrait.” 

Well, I'd guess they haven't got the mobile version running yet.  I'm surprised they waited so long to implement the changeover, might as well have all the glitches when people are trying to cancel and new bookings are low.

I can't log in either.

And playing around with it I have to say....sooooo much better. Many annoying things (like seeing all of your canceled cruises in that stupid drop down) are gone. You can see all of your booked cruises at once, etc.

I still can't get to my account, stopped by a email verification error.  I can log into individual bookings and see limited information.  I now see if you go to complete payment it makes you agree to the new Terms and Conditions even if the booking was made well before they changed.

Lol at MSC improving the look of the website but completely failing at making it any easier to use.

I was hoping that they'd make it possible to make smaller payments online since it only allows you to pay the entire balance online. I guess we'll keep calling to make payments on payday.

Since the update I've been routed to a page saying my email hasn't been validated and that I can't access certain pages from my country (USA). I also get hung up on the Voyagers Club additional discount pages when it asks me to select my Voyagers Club number. No matter what browser I use I can't access the page with the discounted prices despite it showing my Voyagers Club number in the pop-up box.

Maybe more improvements will be released soon but after three plus years of this substandard website I'm not expecting much.

• Like 1

I booked the Seashore for Dec, 2021 this morning, and had no problem at all. It took about 20 minutes for me to get a PDF file to download, but a booking number came up immediately with a note that the PDF will follow, which it did. It also showed my VC discount when I put in he number prior to booking. I also was pleasantly surprised that all it took to book was a $98.00 deposit, and that was total for 2.

My problem is evidently because they have me registered in another country.  I still cannot get to my bookings but do get somewhat logged in as my name pops up.  When I try to go to pricing when "logged in" I get an error that I need to go to my registered country to proceed.

13 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

The only thing I wish it had was an option to purchase insurance....

Strange, the old website made you decline or was added automatically.  I haven't been able to get to the booking pages to try it out.  I do like that you can now see all the offered rates on the search results page.

To all those who can log in - how do you do it?

On new website in the upper righthand corner I see a "head of a person" in a circle which I presume is meant for logging in however over the top of that "head" are three bars that do nothing.  When I click on the head and bars, cannot click on only one, I do not get anything.

34 minutes ago, cellfree said:

On new website in the upper righthand corner I see a "head of a person" in a circle which I presume is meant for logging in however over the top of that "head" are three bars that do nothing.  When I click on the head and bars, cannot click on only one, I do not get anything.

I don't have the 3 bars.  I have the "Head of a person" over "Login" and I''m able to click on either to go to the Login Screen. 

This is where my problem starts.  Sometimes I get into my accounts and sometimes I get an error about my email isn't validated.

3 hours ago, cellfree said:

It is stupid, but this is how I have to do it...

1) Log in and get the email verification error

2) Hit "Send"

3) Get error

4) Sign Out (actually hit the "sign out" link)

5) Log in again

6) Now works w/o email verification step