Wearing a mask

Bawbob

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

Do you really need to travel in your RV   ?  That is  not essential  travel

You may be  a carrier  & spread the virus to others 

Will you be tested daily while you are  roaming the Countryside ?

I'm not sure you know how low impact RV travel can be. We'll go away for two nights this weekend and will likely have no contact with anyone or anything. BTW Nevada is allowing that particular RV park and others to open this weekend. So we're operating with what's allowed. Since you're not informed on this subject, please let me know if you need any further info.

16 hours ago, albertb said:

Which expert are you referring to? One member of the advisory committee had to stand down because he broke the lockdown rules, which he had called for in the first place. Nobody has been fired for the accuracy of their forecasts. Perhaps they should be, but that's another question.

I was going to post exactly the same thing.   It is amazing how information gets distorted   J

17 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

T  Some of us will take the odds and go cruising while others will continue to stay home and shelter.  

That is the crux of the whole thing.   Let people who feel at risk stay and shelter,  Let others who feel that they are low risk venture out as they see fit.

Once you  understand the basic way to prevent this and any disease you can use your brain to keep you  safe.... in any situation  you know the options and what to do.    

We do not know everything about this disease,  but the same can be said for many like it. And we know the disease changes over the years so we will never know everything nor will there will be a vaccine  that will cover all the bases

Life is full of risks... driving...flying, swimming, hiking, selfi-taking.... yet we do them without a thought because we know  how to make ourselves somewhat safer...but never 100%.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jay23 said:

I was going to post exactly the same thing.   It is amazing how information gets distorted   J

Its called  "spin"   the guy was shall we say given a opportunity, as his colleagues considered him and his works incompetent and inept....  He was famous for giving bad info.

Read between the lines.......  violating quarantine  is a PR play

18 hours ago, clo said:

Some people NEVER test positive and are still contagious. And asymptomatic. With those I guess you have to just wait until others get sick. If you take ONE 'infected' person off the ship, what has it accomplished since it's likely that others are now infected.

Where would you take them off to?   Most ports would not even let the ship dock, much less allow a sick guest to get off.  Very big problem in starting to cruise again. 

22 minutes ago, RJB said:

Where would you take them off to?   Most ports would not even let the ship dock, much less allow a sick guest to get off.  Very big problem in starting to cruise again. 

Oh I totally agree. I think IF cruising resumes it's going to take an enormous amount of 'crossing t's' and 'dotting i's' to make it happen. How many countries do you suppose had cruise ships stopping in them? And I'm guessing that lots of the islands have no commercial airports, not much in the way of health care, etc. If I were in charge - hahahaha - I would probably be waiting til the end of next winter to see what happens and then make decisions.

6 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

Its called  "spin"   the guy was shall we say given a opportunity, as his colleagues considered him and his works incompetent and inept....  He was famous for giving bad info.

Read between the lines.......  violating quarantine  is a PR play

The story I read (reported by Time magazine, the British press, etc.) showed him (Neil Ferguson) in a video meeting when his married lover unfortunately appeared in a corner of the picture dressed only in her bra.  And that indeed was why he had to resign.

Edited by CintiPam
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CintiPam said:

The story I read (reported by Time magazine, the British press, etc.) showed him (Neil Ferguson) in a video meeting when his married lover unfortunately appeared in a corner of the picture dressed only in her bra.  And that indeed was why he had to resign.

Still  spin......that was what the needed. to get rid of him...   Time and the British press are  not high on my list of reliable sources

10 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

Still  spin......that was what the needed. to get rid of him...   Time and the British press are  not high on my list of reliable sources

How about BBC News, New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, the Telegraph and the Guardian?

Please share your superior contradictory source with us. 

Edited by CintiPam
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

How about BBC News, New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, the Telegraph and the Guardian?

Please share your superior contradictory source with us. 

Thank you for that. I'm so tired of some people giving their opinions as if they're facts. 

CLO I was wrong about the meal service on some of the carriers. They have boxed meals and canned beverages. I don’t believe alcohol is available for now.  My apologies. This is for domestic flights. Take care, safe Driving!

7 minutes ago, jeanine said:

CLO I was wrong about the meal service on some of the carriers. They have boxed meals and canned beverages. I don’t believe alcohol is available for now.  My apologies. This is for domestic flights. Take care, safe Driving!

Thanks kiddo. I love sharing info We usually save our points for intl. flights so that's different.  xoc

Spin, distortion......................is there a difference?.  ...................   Ferguson is clearly unreliable and his doubtful private life did for him.   He said he thought he was immune from the C19 because he had had the virus. At the time there was no test for immunity so no means of confirming immunity...............    It was a case of one rule for me, and a different rule for everyone else.   J               

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jay23 said:

Spin, distortion......................is there a difference?.  ...................   Ferguson is clearly unreliable and his doubtful private life did for him.   He said he thought he was immune from the C19 because he had had the virus. At the time there was no test for immunity so no means of confirming immunity...............    It was a case of one rule for me, and a different rule for everyone else.   J               

Thanks for the validation.....  He was famous or infamous, for a whole slew of off the wall  over the top fear mongering and predictions for years....

36 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

Thanks for the validation.....  He was famous or infamous, for a whole slew of off the wall  over the top fear mongering and predictions for years....

From what I hear and read he was wrong most of the time.  Pretty sad. 

15 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

for perspective....lets remember past fears

96688090_10217488344145375_629765295061336064_n.jpg

Each of these caused some alarm/concern but none can be compared to COVID in any respect- not even close.

Not in human or economical cost as of today with potentially no end in the near future.

So your list is a bit of a hyperbole and more of a joke than reality.

Just ask the families of the 85000+ dead people or the countless unemployed people or those that have to stand in food lines for HOURS.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

So your list is a bit of a hyperbole and more of a joke than reality.

Hyperbole is fine. Joking about this horror seems really inappropriate.

On 5/13/2020 at 4:30 PM, LHT28 said:

This is why we need to protect ourselves  from  idiots like this

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2020/05/12/woman-arrested-for-allegedly-licking-wiping-saliva-on-atm/

Oh brother.  I think I'd have charged with a far more serious crime than mere "mischief".  That mischief could do far more time than egging a car.

By the by, while I'm willing to wear a mask (as we are now required) while out in public, I wouldn't take a cruise (or any other vacation) if that would be a requirement.

Mura

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Mura said:

By the by, while I'm willing to wear a mask (as we are now required) while out in public, I wouldn't take a cruise (or any other vacation) if that would be a requirement.

Our restaurants are going to start opening. It sounds like they won't require them once you're seated but going to and from the table, yes. Makes sense to me.

2 hours ago, RJB said:

+ 1

It's great to be cavalier when it's not personal.

G*d forbid you should lose a family member to this, lose your job or wait in line for 3 hours for food and worry about how you will feed your children tomorrow  and all of a sudden it takes on a whole different meaning. It's a lot different than losing some money in the stock market.

Here we seem to be living in an alternate world where we worry about when we'll cruise next and will it be as good as before.

There is a real world out there.

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

It's great to be cavalier when it's not personal.

G*d forbid you should lose a family member to this, lose your job or wait in line for 3 hours for food and worry about how you will feed your children tomorrow  and all of a sudden it takes on a whole different meaning. It's a lot different than losing some money in the stock market.

Here we seem to be living in an alternate world where we worry about when we'll cruise next and will it be as good as before.

There is a real world out there.

Thank you so much for speaking up like this. After we gave our relief check to our local food bank I got a note back. Their requests for help are up 50%. In a three hour period at one location they served over 800 people.

15 hours ago, Mura said:

Oh brother.  I think I'd have charged with a far more serious crime than mere "mischief".  That mischief could do far more time than egging a car.

Mura

I don't think we would either.  Too many restrictions would ruin our vacation no matter how much they discounted it.