Inside rooms

The reason inside rooms are so cheap is that they can't provide you with free electricity, thus no outlets.

You must bring an extra long extension cord to connect to the rich people's balcony cabin's outlets... 😎

Edited by NavyCruiser
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

35 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

The reason inside rooms are so cheap is that they can't provide you with free electricity, thus no outlets.

You must bring an extra long extension cord to connect to the rich people's balcony cabin's outlets... 😎

Do you have to use communal bathrooms?

4 hours ago, Cenotediver said:

Going on the Grandeur of the Seas , inside room . Anyone know if there is a fridge in the room and outlets ? Usually get balcony but tried something different and cheaper . 
thanks  

On the Grandeur, you don't get a refrigerator until you get above regular oceanview.  Panoramic OV, balcony cabins and suites are the only staterooms with a "cooler".  

Outlets, yes.  On the vanity/desk.  Nothing near the bed.

21 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

I tried bringing one of those 100ft orange cords with me on a trip. You should have seen the nasty look I got from the guys down in the naughty room. 

On 5/13/2020 at 7:52 PM, zekekelso said:

I tried bringing one of those 100ft orange cords with me on a trip. You should have seen the nasty look I got from the guys down in the naughty room. 

I brought a 6 ft extension cord for the electric clock I brought. They confiscated the cord which was brand new. I said something to the security folks as I was exiting the ships. They said I might try hanging myself so they confiscate them. ... they must have quite the collection down there in miami where they got mine. I just looked at the customs agent. Didnt know if was a joke and I should laugh or what. 

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I brought a 6 ft extension cord for the electric clock I brought. They confiscated the cord which was brand new. I said something to the security folks as I was exiting the ships. They said I might try hanging myself so they confiscate them. ... they must have quite the collection down there in miami where they got mine. I just looked at the customs agent. Didnt know if was a joke and I should laugh or what. 

Yes, it was a joke.

You can get it back at the end of the cruise.

Seeing post about extension cords getting confiscated on a Royal . I’ve always brought a 16 ‘ on Princess for 2 cpap machines never an issue . 
will they take mine and provide me with one ? 
thanks 

3 hours ago, Cenotediver said:

Seeing post about extension cords getting confiscated on a Royal . I’ve always brought a 16 ‘ on Princess for 2 cpap machines never an issue . 
will they take mine and provide me with one ? 
thanks 

It probably depends on how you have it packaged.  If you plug the extension into the power cord for one of the CPAP machines and wrap it all up together, they probably won't even notice it -- it will just blend in with the regular power cord.   If you roll the extension up separately, it's more likely to get noticed and confiscated, and you pick it up at a table on the pier after disembarking.

They will provide one for you to use for free if you don't want to bring yours (or if yours is confiscated).  Most people have a hotel stay the night before, so they need the extension to use in the hotel.

The cord that the ship loans you may be a huge "construction type" cord, just fair warning.  You can use magnetic hooks to run it up the wall and across the ceiling to get it off the floor, if you want.  Or just keep it coiled under the bed all day and just pull it out to plug it in at night when needed.