How to lift and switch

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Have the travel agent protect the price for you with whatever week you pick and tell them to make it good! I did find it hard to believe 1 year out and 8 weeks of cruises to not have a switch for you. I mean really same ship is doing the exact same itinerary, what were they thinking not to find something for you.

Really need a few more details from @Mwins78 to figure out why their L&S was denied.  Cabin category and number of people booked in the room would help

10 hours ago, MechE31 said:

Does anyone know how long cruise planner refunds are taking? Are there on the same 90 day schedule as cancelled cruises?

They should be quicker, but way too much variability to say when one may see such a refund.

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

They should be quicker, but way too much variability to say when one may see such a refund.

Thanks, I'm only 15 days out from my L&S/cruise planner cancellations. I'm not in a hurry, but also don't want to let it linger if this isn't normal.

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Really need a few more details from @Mwins78 to figure out why their L&S was denied.  Cabin category and number of people booked in the room would help

I would still lay money on there being a switch  

On 5/24/2020 at 1:09 AM, jptoz said:

Just think I got to good of a deal on my canceled cruise and they don't want to honor the price.

I dont think price plays into it. My L&S went from a $3,000 cruise in March 2021 to a $10,000 cruise in March 2022

Edited by John&LaLa

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Symphony, we'll be in Ocala that time of year, so I was driving anyway😉

You think the launch will be scrubbed for tomorrow 🤔

Yes it's not looking good  missed you launch pics last week  It was too cloudy to see it from up here

Edited by molly361

31 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Yes it's not looking good  missed you launch pics last week  It was too cloudy to see it from up here

It was to cloudy here as well. Clouds make it seem louder, though. 

I just want to see the crowds anyway😉🚀

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I dont think price plays into it. My L&S went from a $3,000 cruise in March 2021 to a $10,000 cruise in March 2022

What category Cabin, what ship was the $3000 on? 

There are insides available for every date.

Were you by chance in a category 6V?  If you were that would explain why they couldn’t find your category.  The 6V is being eliminated May 1.  For those that had that category they go by room number and use the new category.  Most of the 6V’s convert to 4 V’s.

Thanks for that info yes I’m in a 6v I will look further into this

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1

Oasis of the seas September 20 to the 27th two people in a room category 6V sailing from New Jersey

4 hours ago, RG306 said:

No it should only be the $500. I think they’re including the $100 per person change fee that is waived for the lift and shift as part of the penalty which is ridiculous and definitely not what we were told. 

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Mine show $500 on a suite which is the same as the deposit. 

The other strange thing is that my deposits are $500.  I have the same thing on 3 bookings.

4 minutes ago, Mwins78 said:

Oasis of the seas September 20 to the 27th two people in a room category 6V sailing from New Jersey

I had to pay extra to move from a 6D to a 2D to lift and switch. It was a upgrade price wise, though not cabin wise. See what 4v prices are?

12 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

The other strange thing is that my deposits are $500.  I have the same thing on 3 bookings.

I did the L&S this morning. Had the new invoice within 20 minutes. The deposit was $500.00 but the penalty was the $700.00 like you. It is on a spacious balcony booked direct with RC.

24 minutes ago, catella02 said:

I did the L&S this morning. Had the new invoice within 20 minutes. The deposit was $500.00 but the penalty was the $700.00 like you. It is on a spacious balcony booked direct with RC.

I still have some more L&S to do.  The next time I speak to them, I will be asking about this.  

52 minutes ago, catella02 said:

We will see what mine says, might be something new

2 hours ago, Mwins78 said:

do you remember what the cabin number was? Nevermind, just check to see if any 4V's are available on the date you want, pick one and call your travel agent.

Edited by Jimbo

Just an update ….

I've just successfully Lifted and Shifted a 7 night Allure/Barcelona August 2020 which I booked 3 days ago to a 7 night Odyssey/Rome August 2020.   No problems, it took about 35 mins but there were 3 reservations to switch.  I now have to wait 7-14 business days for new invoices.

That's about it - it was simple really.

For anyone wanting to L&S from Brilliance/Amsterdam.  The operator said I would be able to switch my cruise to one sailing from Southampton if I wanted.  It just had to be the same number of nights - unfortunately there aren't any in my 4 week window.  So I'll be waiting up till final payment for them to cancel for a refund or take a FCC which I will put towards Odyssey next year.  Whichever comes first.

Thanks to every one who posted help and advice - I would have had no idea about L&S if it weren't for cruise critic..

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I had to pay extra to move from a 6D to a 2D to lift and switch. It was a upgrade price wise, though not cabin wise. See what 4v prices are?

Their move is fine as it is going from the same ship to the same ship so they go by cabin number to determine the new category.    It is only if you are going from one ship to a different ship that you need to Make sure that the exact same category is available on both ships. 

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

A 2 D is considered an upgrade as it is midship as opposed to a 6D which is forward and aft.  Categories with a lower number are a  higher category based on location 

34 minutes ago, livylotte said:

Just an update ….

I've just successfully Lifted and Shifted a 7 night Allure/Barcelona August 2020 which I booked 3 days ago to a 7 night Odyssey/Rome August 2020.   No problems, it took about 35 mins but there were 3 reservations to switch.  I now have to wait 7-14 business days for new invoices.

That's about it - it was simple really.

Looks like I spoke too soon.  Only 2 out of the 3 bookings have appeared on Cruise Planner.

And guess who's booking has vanished? Mine 😩

It'll be because I'm on my own in a double cabin and it was a guarantee.

Will they have to assign me a cabin?