Thinking about jumping back in come Jan. 21

Qcruise

There are some fantastic prices right now if your comfortable with a January cruise.  We're looking at the Royal out of LA to Mexico as we're on the West coast....but saw Enchanted deals out of Ft. Lauderdale in Jan as well......I think we're going to use a deposit to book one of them.  Have to figure they should have it together by then.

• Like 2

We decided to wait until April 2021, because from what I'm seeing and reading, there's a good chance we will have a vaccine by then!

And, we are leaving from the West Coast about a 2 hour drive from our house.  No flying!

Edited by pcur
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Qcruise said:

There are some fantastic prices right now if your comfortable with a January cruise.  We're looking at the Royal out of LA to Mexico as we're on the West coast....but saw Enchanted deals out of Ft. Lauderdale in Jan as well......I think we're going to use a deposit to book one of them.  Have to figure they should have it together by then.

We have a cruise booked for January but I doubt I will make final payment, there are just too many issues to be resolved.

- not sure I want to get on a plane

- no way to social distance on a cruise

- no vaccine, and even if there is not be enough time to vaccinate every one

- will any of the islands let us dock 

- don't want to end up quarantined on the ship for 2 weeks

- etc. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Qcruise said:

I understand the Enchanted is expected to be delayed indefinitely.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, pms4104 said:

I understand the Enchanted is expected to be delayed indefinitely.

No, just a few months since it could not be worked on during the shutdown.

Princess still expects to take delivery this year.

I'd love to book a Jan. cruise on Enchanted.

DH not so much.

In looking at this weekend's films of partiers he wondered if people would "behave" and follow the rules, regardless what measures the cruise line puts in place.

I'll be excited to see many test cruises take place just to see how it goes in the future. 

Maybe in late 2021 we'll give it another try but only after there's a vaccine and  there are dozens of successes without a single incident.

Even at that, I doubt if a cruise will ever be the same again. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Qcruise said:

I'm thinking of doing my first solo cruise in Jan.--my late DH and I had sailed in Jan. until his health deteriorated in 2018.  Would do Caribbean as we live in MI so will have to check out the Enchanted!  If we still need masks, I got a free one while in the hospital overnight this weekend (fainted due to dehydration) <g>.

Edited by BarbinMich

Vaccine is not likely to be widely used by January.  The spread of the virus over the next few months may bring the US to something close to herd immunity anyway. The virus continues to spread pretty steadily but deaths and hospitalizations are down significantly.

Carib islands & Mexico may allow cruise ships because they will be desperate for tourists $$s. Hawaii, not likely.

Edited by patrickmoran

2 hours ago, mafig said:

I'd love to book a Jan. cruise on Enchanted.

DH not so much.

In looking at this weekend's films of partiers he wondered if people would "behave" and follow the rules, regardless what measures the cruise line puts in place.

Well that right there is happening all over the country and the results of it will determine what happens going forward.  Here in California things are opening slowly according to what county your in.  We drove up to the central valley over memorial weekend to visit our son and masks were optional in grocery stores and we were able to eat inside a resteraunt.....wow.  People are over it.

Six weeks ago we cancelled our Sept/Oct sailing.

Taking a wait and see posture.

Waiting for CDC to assess cruiseline changes to allow them to lift their do-not-sail order.

Intdrested to learn what ports might open ... and what visitor restrictions, if any, might apply.

As we are not near a port city, flight schedules and airline safety measures are an issue for us.

Most importantly, waiting for Princess transparency:  sailings starting when on what ships with what itineraries (in other words, revamp the website to reflect anticipated reality rather than shat Princess planned before the pandemic);  Princes further needs to tell me what they're planning to do differently from pre-pandemic days (chdckin, dining, tendering, theater and lounges ...crowd control and safety).

So, guess we won't be booking anytime soon.

18 hours ago, joe d said:

We have a cruise booked for January but I doubt I will make final payment, there are just too many issues to be resolved.

- not sure I want to get on a plane

- no way to social distance on a cruise

- no vaccine, and even if there is not be enough time to vaccinate every one

- will any of the islands let us dock 

- don't want to end up quarantined on the ship for 2 weeks

- etc. 

I, too, am booked for January, 2021 (Enchanted Princess).  We will not make final payment for the same reasons.  I haven’t canceled yet, but I will soon.  There is no way we will cruise for the foreseeable future.  

• Like 1

Only factor that would hold me back is knowing if the islands on the itinerary we choose are accepting cruise ships.  Otherwise, I see no reason not to join the festivities!  Flying to Vegas in 3 weeks so I'll let folks that need to fly to Ft Lauderdale or LA know what that is like.