where should I stay ?

noblewoman

If it were me, I would stay in Port Canaveral the night before rather than Orlando, personal preference. I would rather have the drive from Orlando over with and simply have to get to Cruise Port in the morning.

• Haha 1

The last time I cruised out of Port Canaveral, we stayed at the Embassy Suites right by the airport.  Then we took an uber the next day to the cruise port. The other times, I stayed in Port Canaveral at Country Inn and Suites and also Homewood Suites.  I took their shuttles to the port.  I took shuttles to get from the airport to all of the hotels. I liked them all.

To get from the port to the airport, I used Cortrans shuttle service for $20 per person.  I usually base where I stay on how early I arrive before the cruise.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I stayed country inn and suites too. I'm sure orlando probably cheaper, but I too wanted to be closer to the port.

We're staying at the Country Inn and Suites this time. We usually stay at the Holiday Inn in Titusville via GoPort but they were all booked up.

It really is a personal preference but you can count us amongst the folks that stay at one of the hotels near the airport. Many have free shuttles from the airport to the hotel, but if not, taxis are inexpensive for such a short ride. We then then take Cortrans to the port in the morning at $20 per person. We find it to be cheaper and easier this way. 

We also use Cortrans to return to the airport after the cruise.

What time do you arrive into Orlando?  The later you arrive, the easier it is to stay near the airport and then head to PC in the morning.

We prefer to use a one way car rental pre-cruise, allowing us to stay, dine and shop where we want, and typically stay in Orlando where there are 1000s of Hotels. Post cruise, unless you have a flight leaving after about 2:00, I would use one of the shared shuttles or Uber and go straight to MCO.

I have been to MCO many times. Many of those the night before WDW or Universal. My recommendation on this subject is 100% on the time you arrive. If arriving dinner time or later, I would stay at one of the MCO hotels. Most right around there have free shuttles from the airport and great restaurants within walking distance. This way it is quick to the hotel, dinner, rest, and ready in the morning. Although I have not used them, I was going to use GoPort and stay near MCO with the shuttle included for our August cruise. Now that we moved to November and driving, we are staying in PC. If you get in earlier in the day, you could pay for a shuttle or rent a car to the port and stay there. That makes the morning a bit easier. Even then, you could stay near MCO.