Is there one ship you'd love to cruise on?

sprint180

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

There is also another company that I've looked at, too.  I have to find a Sugar Daddy to finance it, though...  

Please post that company name for me.

5 hours ago, slidergirl said:

There is also another company that I've looked at, too.  I have to find a Sugar Daddy to finance it, though...  

Have you ever considered renting your own river boat in France?  A co-worker did that and she said it was fantastic.  I wouldn't do it solo, but it really sounds like a lot of fun for 2 or more people.  

Marco Polo.  Sailed transatlantic on her sister Mikhail Lermontov back in 1974, in rather more primitive conditions (hopefully).  Shared facilities, and the East Germans seemingly didn't know how to make proper plumbing.

Pretty much any classic ship; every time one is scrapped I'm mad at myself for not trying harder to go on it.

Does Celebrity still offer an unlimited classic drink package with an Ocean view cabin?

We remember paying 300 dollars more for an oceanview and we got the unlimited classic drinks package free for 14 days

it was a fantastic deal

11 hours ago, slidergirl said:

The Barge Lady.  

Thanks........I think some of these barges show up under European Waterways too........wonder if the 2 companies

use the same vessels.......

18 minutes ago, mom says said:

The Paul Gauguin. Not so much for the ship experience, although I'm sure it would be superb. But mainly for their itineraries.

Hi, so you want to go to Tahiti...Bora Bora? That is all they do..............

12 minutes ago, mom says said:

Pretty sure they visit more than those 2 islands.

Yes, sorry, I should have said you want to sail to the "South Pacific" and the Islands that are there🙂....that is the only

itinerary the ship sails.........

5 hours ago, mom says said:

The Paul Gauguin. Not so much for the ship experience, although I'm sure it would be superb. But mainly for their itineraries.

I had a conversation after my dentist's appointment with the doctor.  He has wanted to sail on the Paul Gauguin for several years.  Given the current situation, he agreed with me that it might well be a "bit too late".  And, if it is still possible, it is going to cost his wife and he much more than if he had done it earlier.  

I would like to try a river cruise also.  Wish they weren't so expensive.
A cruise can only be as highly priced as passengers are willing to pay.
They need to fill all the cabins.
if we all collectively start boycotting over priced cruises, then the prices will have to crash automatically

2 hours ago, drsel said:
On 6/12/2020 at 1:01 PM, sprint180 said:

I would like to try a river cruise also.  Wish they weren't so expensive.

Actually, they're not, considering just about everything is included (air, transfers, tours and excursions, beer/wine with meals, etc etc  and there isn't a lot of nickel and diming and "optional" add ons. Of all those that we've been on (and I think it's now about 8) our final on board bill was around $100, and that was for the both of us.  

Edited by marco

Actually, they're not, considering just about everything is included (air, transfers, tours and excursions, beer/wine with meals, etc etc  and there isn't a lot of nickel and diming and "optional" add ons. Of all those that we've been on (and I think it's now about 8) our final on board bill was around $100, and that was for the both of us.  
They should provide a few complimentary spa vouchers also

3 hours ago, drsel said:

A cruise can only be as highly priced as passengers are willing to pay.
They need to fill all the cabins.
if we all collectively start boycotting over priced cruises, then the prices will have to crash automatically

It's called the law of supply and demand; put the price too high and demand goes down until the price also goes down to make a new set of demand.

45 minutes ago, drsel said:
1 hour ago, marco said:
Actually, they're not, considering just about everything is included (air, transfers, tours and excursions, beer/wine with meals, etc etc  and there isn't a lot of nickel and diming and "optional" add ons. Of all those that we've been on (and I think it's now about 😎 our final on board bill was around $100, and that was for the both of us.  

They should provide a few complimentary spa vouchers also

I have been on 2 river cruises and never used the spa once.....maybe folks do, but from my memory? Most folks

are off the boat for the whole day.......who has time for spa stuff?