Amplification Update and Itinerary Changes

12 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

It doesn’t sound like they worked with you at all. That’s disappointing. I am in that sailing with some friends in the 2 bedroom gs. See you on board!

my allure sailing where I have the up is in the med so it looks like they won’t put me in another star class room without having to pay. 

Not at all, the rep we got had no clue what we were talking about and we called phone # in email. He had us on hold several times and wasn't authorized for anything extra, it was disappointing. Never had Star class before, we understand they are not doing upgrade but priceprotection for the deal we had with booking UP would have been nice. So my take on reading here is some get to keep deal/suite and some don't. I was thinking at least throw in drink package but not even that. We did switch to CL and it is cheaper but that wasn't what we booked or wanted to start with. LOL We did book the chill island cabana in good time at least. See you onboard! Update with what you get/didn't get, maybe you will get a phonecall from an authorized rep handling the switches 🙂

49 minutes ago, twangster said:

My TA thinks the great rate I got on my Star Class Allure booking was a factor with not being offered price protection while attempting to move to another ship.

I booked the day Allure opened up.  Our rate was roughly equivalent to what Voom, the dining package, the drink package and gratuity would be.  All those are included in Star Class so it was like getting the rest free for the cost of those items.  

Oh well, my full refund is on it's way.  Money in the bank is worth ten times FCC I can't use.  I have six more anticipated cancellation coming up and since only one FCC can be applied to another cruise I just don't need any more FCC right now.

Glad you were able to get deposits refunded.  I wish they would have honored your price on another sailing.   Doesn’t seem right. 

I just got a new email from Royal Caribbean with the amended offer, if guests don’t want the replacement Liberty sailing.   @twangster, they were wrong to refuse to price-protect A new ship for you, 

“ 

You may choose to remain on the Liberty of the Seas sailing we moved you to. However, you now have the option to move to any 7-night Caribbean itinerary within 4 weeks of your original sail date, including itineraries that visit our one of a kind private destination, Perfect Day at CocoCay! 

If you choose to move your Liberty of the Seas reservation to another sailing, you'll receive the following:

• Your original cruise fare paid for Allure of the Seas will be price protected at the original cruise fare rate or reduced to the current cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If you were already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we'll provide you with a refund if there is any difference in pricing. You can expect to receive your refund to your original form of payment 45 days after you submit your refund request. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.
    • We'll also waive any non-refundable deposit change fees associated with the move.
  • Please know, if you weren't previously booked on a holiday sailing (Christmas, New Year's, and Easter), sailings during that timeframe are excluded from your options.
  • Lastly, if you opted into the Cruise with Confidence 100% Future Cruise Credit prior to this email, you will be able to take advantage of this new offer. 

If you can't find a new cruise itinerary that works for you and choose to cancel, we'll be sad to see you go:

• We'll process a full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare to the original form(s) of payment, including any non-refundable deposit. 
    • You can expect to receive your refund 45 days after you submit your refund request. 
  • Lastly, if you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing, and you request a refund instead, we'll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we'll reinstate your original Cruise with Confidence certificate. “

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BSocial said:

I just got a new email from Royal Caribbean with the amended offer, if guests don’t want the replacement Liberty sailing.   @twangster, they were wrong to refuse to price-protect A new ship for you, 

“ 

You may choose to remain on the Liberty of the Seas sailing we moved you to. However, you now have the option to move to any 7-night Caribbean itinerary within 4 weeks of your original sail date, including itineraries that visit our one of a kind private destination, Perfect Day at CocoCay! 

If you choose to move your Liberty of the Seas reservation to another sailing, you'll receive the following:

• Your original cruise fare paid for Allure of the Seas will be price protected at the original cruise fare rate or reduced to the current cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If you were already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we'll provide you with a refund if there is any difference in pricing. You can expect to receive your refund to your original form of payment 45 days after you submit your refund request. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.
    • We'll also waive any non-refundable deposit change fees associated with the move.
  • Please know, if you weren't previously booked on a holiday sailing (Christmas, New Year's, and Easter), sailings during that timeframe are excluded from your options.
  • Lastly, if you opted into the Cruise with Confidence 100% Future Cruise Credit prior to this email, you will be able to take advantage of this new offer. 

If you can't find a new cruise itinerary that works for you and choose to cancel, we'll be sad to see you go:

• We'll process a full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare to the original form(s) of payment, including any non-refundable deposit. 
    • You can expect to receive your refund 45 days after you submit your refund request. 
  • Lastly, if you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing, and you request a refund instead, we'll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we'll reinstate your original Cruise with Confidence certificate. “

Seems like good news. 

23 minutes ago, BSocial said:

So once again Royal attempts a one-sided and ill-conceived approach only to face an onslaught of social media backlash so they are coerced into doing the right thing.  Too little, too late, at least for me.   

• Like 1

So just to let people know.  I just spent 1 hr, only, on the phone with our TA and Royal supervisor and did get them to change us from our A1 on Allure in April to an A1 on Symphony in March with the price protection.  The TA did a conference call so I could talk to the supervisor and kept asking for her to check to see if there was not the new program to move Star Class to either Oasis or Symphony and price protect.  It worked so we are now in the same A1 we had on Allure on Symphony.  It might take some work and time but I think any SC person will be able to transfer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My experience....

I had called earlier this week to take advantage of Cruise with Confidence and had cancelled the Liberty sailing they moved me to and was awaiting my $500 FCC for the deposits.

After receiving this note, I called in today and was able to undo that cancellation and move the reservation to the Symphony for the same week with price protection.  Costs went up a bit for higher taxes but not a big deal.

It did take about 2 hours on the phone with them.  Most of that on hold as they were figuring out how to process it.  They had to:

- create new Symphony reservations

- manually apply the price protection

- figure out how to get my deposits out of cancellation and applied to the new reservations

Wish this was the original deal but for those that have already acted it seems that there is a process to switch over to one of the new options.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jungle1 said:

My experience....

I had called earlier this week to take advantage of Cruise with Confidence and had cancelled the Liberty sailing they moved me to and was awaiting my $500 FCC for the deposits.

After receiving this note, I called in today and was able to undo that cancellation and move the reservation to the Symphony for the same week with price protection.  Costs went up a bit for higher taxes but not a big deal.

It did take about 2 hours on the phone with them.  Most of that on hold as they were figuring out how to process it.  They had to:

- create new Symphony reservations

- manually apply the price protection

- figure out how to get my deposits out of cancellation and applied to the new reservations

Wish this was the original deal but for those that have already acted it seems that there is a process to switch over to one of the new options.

Happy this worked out for you!  Thank you for sharing, it may help others in the same situation 

My new “agent” (first I’ve heard from

anyone since March) at the online agency I will no longer use misread my email and cancelled both my Allure sailings.  My wife wanted this “solution” so I won’t try to undo the cancellation (I wanted to wait and see), but it is frustrating that the agent screwed up and RCI didn’t offer better deal upfront. Good luck to all those trying to get the same deal/room on a different ship/cruise/departure port. 

What I'm quickly realizing is to ignore the initial RCL "announcements" and "options" as they will be total bunk and have no consideration for what makes the most sense. Instead wait a couple days until they start doing PR CYA and undo the original decision and do the right thing instead.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

What I'm quickly realizing is to ignore the initial RCL "announcements" and "options" as they will be total bunk and have no consideration for what makes the most sense. Instead wait a couple days until they start doing PR CYA and undo the original decision and do the right thing instead.

How many times have I read if you call and get someone who is clueless, call back again. Doesnt seem like the best way to run a company. One person posted they called 4 times and got 4 different answers.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, gypsealin said:

I just got off the phone with RC and they would not price protect my changing from Allure to the Harmony. What is your secret ComputerWhiz? We kept same date and same room

There’s no secret. Just call and request resolutions if someone can’t make it happen. My name isn’t that, but I did respond.   Just keep calling until you get someone who knows it CAN BE done. 

1 minute ago, internetwhiz said:

There’s no secret. Just call and request resolutions if someone can’t make it happen. My name isn’t that, but I did respond.   Just keep calling until you get someone who knows it CAN BE done. 

Should be better now.  The notification that the changes can be done has now been officially released.  When they called it hadn’t been. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, psujmatt said:

My new “agent” (first I’ve heard from

anyone since March) at the online agency I will no longer use misread my email and cancelled both my Allure sailings.  My wife wanted this “solution” so I won’t try to undo the cancellation (I wanted to wait and see), but it is frustrating that the agent screwed up and RCI didn’t offer better deal upfront. Good luck to all those trying to get the same deal/room on a different ship/cruise/departure port. 

Hmm, that agent could be calling RC back and reinstating your booking. Their mistake not yours. It’s worth a bit of time to do if you want to move to another ship then. Our move to Symphony for the b2b was a good deal For us. Glad they offered more options. 

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Should be better now.  The notification that the changes can be done has now been officially released.  When they called it hadn’t been. 

There are still agents telling people they can’t move to other ships, believe it or not. I just told a person they need a new TA, who insists it can’t be done price protected today, even after being sent the email those of us who booked direct received yesterday. 

will things ever be normal again?

11 minutes ago, internetwhiz said:

There are still agents telling people they can’t move to other ships, believe it or not. I just told a person they need a new TA, who insists it can’t be done price protected today, even after being sent the email those of us who booked direct received yesterday. 

I had 3 clients (myself included) booked on those Allure sailings.  I was one of the first to get all 3 of the original notifications a few dats ago.  I have not yet seen a single notification on the changed options. 

3 hours ago, internetwhiz said:

We finally got price protected on the Harmony today. 

• Like 1

I will able to call today and move my reservation price protected to symphony.  It did take about an hour.  At first they stated not price protected but i asked kindly for the representative to check with someone else.  They did and got the correct information.  They claimed they will need to fix the price and send me a updated form.  The first form i received showed the new date and ship but the price is double what my price protection was.  He said i should have within. 36 hours the correct invoice.  I have all is information so will wait to monday for the correct paperwork.   Fingers crossed...lol.

• Like 1

We are having the same situation as @twangster.  We had a 2 bedroom aquatheatre suite booked on Allure and were moved to Liberty with the cancellation.  Our TA held an A2 on Symphony the week before our original sailing.  Then the email came out that is posted above saying we will be price protected if it is within 4 weeks of our original sailing.  She just spent 3 hours on the phone with them to be told no by 4 different people because its too much of a price difference.  I am extremely disappointed with Royal right now.  Because we got a great deal on our original reso, now we are just SOL.  

Just to add my experience.  I had booked a 2-Bedroom Grand Suite (GT) on the Allure for spring break 2022.  After I booked that, I went to add the connecting Ocean View Balcony, but they weren't booking them due to the halting of the Spa Cabins category.  Therefore, I booked my kids in a Central Park Balcony across the hall.  We got moved to the Liberty into another GT on Deck 8 in the AFT, while my boys were moved to an Ocean View Balcony on Deck 12.

Once I got the updated email that we could change to any Caribbean 7 day cruise, I call on June 12th and spent 2.5 hours with Royal Caribbean.  Went through the whole check, double check, triple check with resolutions.  Ultimately, got assigned a GT on Symphony for the same week - 1 of only 4 cabins in that category on the ship.  Was excited and tired and had to get back to work, so decided to hold off switching kids cabin until following week.  I had my cruise vacation receipt in hand with the new sailing.

Well, on June 17th, called in again to get kids cabin moved over to Symphony, but when looking up my Suite reservation the agent noticed I was back on the Liberty ! ! ! ! !   After lots of going back and forth, finally got the suite reassigned to the Symphony, as the other 3 were not available.  Got moved to Deck 9. 

Since I have minor kids, they must be in adjacent cabin or across the all.  The two adjacent cabins are also suites - no go for me!  Additionally, Deck 9 do not have Central Park balconies, but rather interior windows.  After additional authorizations, finally got a Central Park Interior View cabin assigned & price protected.  Generally, an interior would be less expensive, but the current rate difference was about $100, and my original price on the Allure was significantly less.  Minor inconvenience to have the kids in an interior as long as us adults still have the 2 bedroom suite.

So, takeaway is that yes with some patience, you can get where you want, but be prepared for time on the phone and monitor your bookings even after it all seems confirmed.

3 minutes ago, tegster said:

Just to add my experience.  I had booked a 2-Bedroom Grand Suite (GT) on the Allure for spring break 2022.  After I booked that, I went to add the connecting Ocean View Balcony, but they weren't booking them due to the halting of the Spa Cabins category.  Therefore, I booked my kids in a Central Park Balcony across the hall.  We got moved to the Liberty into another GT on Deck 8 in the AFT, while my boys were moved to an Ocean View Balcony on Deck 12.

Once I got the updated email that we could change to any Caribbean 7 day cruise, I call on June 12th and spent 2.5 hours with Royal Caribbean.  Went through the whole check, double check, triple check with resolutions.  Ultimately, got assigned a GT on Symphony for the same week - 1 of only 4 cabins in that category on the ship.  Was excited and tired and had to get back to work, so decided to hold off switching kids cabin until following week.  I had my cruise vacation receipt in hand with the new sailing.

Well, on June 17th, called in again to get kids cabin moved over to Symphony, but when looking up my Suite reservation the agent noticed I was back on the Liberty ! ! ! ! !   After lots of going back and forth, finally got the suite reassigned to the Symphony, as the other 3 were not available.  Got moved to Deck 9. 

Since I have minor kids, they must be in adjacent cabin or across the all.  The two adjacent cabins are also suites - no go for me!  Additionally, Deck 9 do not have Central Park balconies, but rather interior windows.  After additional authorizations, finally got a Central Park Interior View cabin assigned & price protected.  Generally, an interior would be less expensive, but the current rate difference was about $100, and my original price on the Allure was significantly less.  Minor inconvenience to have the kids in an interior as long as us adults still have the 2 bedroom suite.

So, takeaway is that yes with some patience, you can get where you want, but be prepared for time on the phone and monitor your bookings even after it all seems confirmed.

Unfortunately though, my TA spent 3 hours on the phone today and they won't even talk to us because we have a TA.  I would be happy to wait on the phone to get through to them, but its not possible.  

I think I am going to ask my TA to try again tomorrow, because they sent the email saying they would honor our original price.  I am going to reach out to them via social media though and let them know how disappointed I am