Alaska cruise still not cancelled

barbatkins

I’m wondering why NCL hasn’t cancelled my August 29 cruise this year ......and when

i should expect them to cancel..... 

is it it easier to get the FCC processed if I cancel myself ....or wait for them.

it took over 2 months to get my FCC straight from the cancelled Epic in March........

1 hour ago, barbatkins said:

I’m wondering why NCL hasn’t cancelled my August 29 cruise this year ......and when

i should expect them to cancel..... 

is it it easier to get the FCC processed if I cancel myself ....or wait for them.

it took over 2 months to get my FCC straight from the cancelled Epic in March........

We had an Alaska cruise booked for July.  Prior to them cancelling the cruise, under the Peace of Mind, we could have gotten the same FCC but no refund right away.  Once the cruise was cancelled we had our FCC the next day.  

If you plan on rebooking through NCL I would cancel myself and pick the new cruise.  For us they were offering the 20% off the future cruise and the extra 25%.  I would make the phone call to NCL. 

Not only not cancelled, they are still selling Alaska cruises on the Jewel for the full month and part of Sept, this year....and I guess would be happy to take your payment in full...for a product they don't even have available to sell.   Anyone else see like maybe ....well, don't even know how to say it that is printable.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, roger001 said:

Not only not cancelled, they are still selling Alaska cruises on the Jewel for the full month and part of Sept, this year....and I guess would be happy to take your payment in full...for a product they don't even have available to sell.   Anyone else see like maybe ....well, don't even know how to say it that is printable.  

Yesterday Norwegian canceled ALL Norwegian Jewel cruises through the end of February 2021.

48 minutes ago, roger001 said:

I am waiting for my August Alaska to be canceled also

If you try to book the Jewel dates are now blacked out until spring.

21 minutes ago, TSUmom said:

I am waiting for my August Alaska to be canceled also

If you try to book the Jewel dates are now blacked out until spring.

I just gave it a shot.   Middle of August I selected, $5188.   I selected and it pulled up my booking and billing info and was ready for me to push buy.  I cancelled at that point.  That was a few minutes ago.  Keping their sales site up to date should be number one priority.  They are still taking money for no product.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would recommend waiting for the official cancellation notice from NCL rather than cancelling on your own.  We made the mistake of using the "Peace of Mind" cancellation option for a cruise on the Spirit that was scheduled for April.  We got 100% FCC for what we had paid.  Two days after we cancelled, though, NCL suspended the cruise.  Those who waited received 125% FCC as well as an additional 20% off the cruise fare of any cruise they booked using their FCC.  We missed out on about $1000 by jumping the gun on cancellation.  We won't make that mistake again.  Go ahead and cancel your flights and hotels, if you want, but wait until the last possible minute to cancel your cruise in case NCL suspends the cruise and offers additional FCC.

6 minutes ago, roger001 said:

I just gave it a shot.   Middle of August I selected, $5188.   I selected and it pulled up my booking and billing info and was ready for me to push buy.  I cancelled at that point.  That was a few minutes ago.  Keping their sales site up to date should be number one priority.  They are still taking money for no product.  

I just did again too and nothing for the Jewel until March 2021  Maybe it is because I am logged in to my account

Just now, The Traveling Man said:

I would recommend waiting for the official cancellation notice from NCL rather than cancelling on your own.  We made the mistake of using the "Peace of Mind" cancellation option for a cruise on the Spirit that was scheduled for April.  We got 100% FCC for what we had paid.  Two days after we cancelled, though, NCL suspended the cruise.  Those who waited received 125% FCC as well as an additional 20% off the cruise fare of any cruise they booked using their FCC.  We missed out on about $1000 by jumping the gun on cancellation.  We won't make that mistake again.  Go ahead and cancel your flights and hotels, if you want, but wait until the last possible minute to cancel your cruise in case NCL suspends the cruise and offers additional FCC.

I canceled my flights and hotels last week but decided to wait for NCL to cancel the cruise.

38 minutes ago, TSUmom said:

I just did again too and nothing for the Jewel until March 2021  Maybe it is because I am logged in to my account

I just got an  email follow up from them telling me to go back and book.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TSUmom said:

FWIW, I’m logged into my account and just selected cabin 8124 for the Jewel repositioning cruise (Vancouver to Honolulu) departing September 14, 2020. When I searched for only Jewel cruises, it listed August & September 2020, then nothing until the March 18, 2021 Papeete-Honolulu cruise. 

Goodness knows when NCL will update cancellations to match the real world. 

• Like 1

Agree, let NCL cancel.  We had Alaska on the Joy for May, saw that Canada closed ports into July; so we booked plan B for Joy in September (huge discounts). Then NCL cancelled the May trip, we got all the credits plus. Applied them to Sept Joy, and still have lots left over. And recently just saw Canada closed port into Nov, so we booked plan C Bliss Mexican Riviera.  I do work directly with one personal cruise consultant at NCL, have for years.

Just wondering if my EPIC transatlantic for Thanksgiving is still a go. Hang in there everyone, we will all sail again soon.

On 6/10/2020 at 11:49 AM, The Traveling Man said:

I totally agree with this. We we persuaded by an NCL agent to take the 100% future cruise credit back on March 12th, before the very first NCL cruise was cancelled. We were traveling with our kids and didn't want to risk being quarantined at sea so we very reluctantly took "the unprecedented 100% future cruise credit offer" and cancelled. The very next day we heard that NCL was cancelling the cruises and offering those guests the option of 125% FCC or a full refund. We never got that offer and are now stuck with credit. I would have happily taken a refund but we never got that option because we cancelled on them. Not the other way around. Wait for NCL to cancel you. Future credit will be worthless if they go bankrupt. Now we have our fingers crossed that they won't fold before we get to book again or we'll be out about 5K. Poof. But I'm not bitter....😕

11 hours ago, iggyc said:

Read an article that most people aren’t wearing masks on planes or social distancing. That rules are not enforced. Funny how the CDC pounced on cruise lines but the airlines are just business as usual. 

My wife and I have had this conversation a number of times. You can not keep your distance from other passengers on a plane no matter how hard you try. There is so much more available space on a ship.
That’s why are next three cruises are drivable ports. We wouldn’t fly until June 2021 for a cruise from Copenhagen. 

4 hours ago, vicnsue said:

My wife and I have had this conversation a number of times. You can not keep your distance from other passengers on a plane no matter how hard you try. There is so much more available space on a ship.
That’s why are next three cruises are drivable ports. We wouldn’t fly until June 2021 for a cruise from Copenhagen. 

Sorry wrong thread. 🤦🏻‍♂️

On 6/10/2020 at 9:48 AM, Dar & Bob said:

We had an Alaska cruise booked for July.  Prior to them cancelling the cruise, under the Peace of Mind, we could have gotten the same FCC but no refund right away.  Once the cruise was cancelled we had our FCC the next day.  

If you plan on rebooking through NCL I would cancel myself and pick the new cruise.  For us they were offering the 20% off the future cruise and the extra 25%.  I would make the phone call to NCL. 

If you cancel before they do you will not get the extra 25% fcc.  wait until they cancel the cruise and it will all show up in your account as a future credit.  100% plus 25%

14 hours ago, deppong said:

If you cancel before they do you will not get the extra 25% fcc.  wait until they cancel the cruise and it will all show up in your account as a future credit.  100% plus 25%

Evidently they knew the cruise was going to be cancelled because we were offered the 20% off and the 25% credit in advance of our cruise being cancelled.  I agree don't just cancel in advance if you don't have an offer from NCL 

13 minutes ago, rwegoneyet13 said:

Be sure when you get to using your FCCs, use the 25% first against the fare.  Then start using your 100%, can be used for excursions, service charges, insurance etc.

how does this work, do i have to call ncl or my ta to book the cruise or it can be do online?

I typically find my cabin I want and call my NCL personal consultant to do the final booking, if any additional fare discounts are available he finds them.  Then he applies my credits.  I strong recommend screen shot your credits when the appear on your login, before you apply any.  Then screen shot every time you apply credits.  (Just a precaution, I am an forensic accountant.)

The insurance credits never did appear, but he confirmed them and used them for our trip.  Am sure that booking it online will be fine.  You can always transfer a booking to your ta after you book directly with NCL.  Hope this helps