Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

25 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Yes, almost empty ships.

We sailed around the British Isles and visited places we had never been to before.

We did Alaska, Transpacific (Tahiti to San Diego) and a Mediterranean cruise (Venice to Barcelona). The Mediterranean cruise was at the height of Covid and you wouldn't believe the paperwork for the various countries.

46 minutes ago, cruisegirlppp said:

All the reports I have read about cruising right after the re-start sound like it was amazing but we just weren't ready at that point.

We did Celebrity's first transatlantic after restarting (Apex, Oct/Nov 2021). Ship was at 1/3 capacity, We were tested before sailing, midway through, and before departing. We felt like the safest place on the planet for those two weeks.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, alibaba1 said:

How do you receive Power Up Points from Facebook activity?
Thank you.

I never got into FaceBook and my memory is not great on this so I am not able to give you a clear answer.  An example might be that within a set period of time you had to post something on FaceBook regarding Celebrity Cruises.  Maybe it was a picture of your favorite moment on Celebrity or something like that.  It was Celebrity's way of trying to generate favorable publicity on FaceBook and paying you for it with PowerUp points.

Maybe someone else can give a clearer (or more accurate) answer.  

45 minutes ago, alibaba1 said:

How do you receive Power Up Points from Facebook activity?
Thank you.

I did not do any of those etype opportunities. They have not done iny social media opportunity's for a while. But here is n example. They all had an ened date so there are none currently. 

"Recently, awarding-winning Chef Michelle Bernstein hosted an intimate virtual cooking demo for some of our top tier members. Now, here’s your chance to learn how to make her Reverse Seared Steak in a red wine pan sauce with Leaves of Caesar salad. Download the recipe or watch the video to cook along with her. Then post a photo of your completed dish to social media by February 21st to earn 30 Power Up Points!"

Edited by Charles4515

We are new to Celebrity, about to cruise with them for the first time in February on a South America & Antarctica itinerary. Because of the December webinar and resulting Power Up Points, my family is now showing as Classic instead of Preview. I was not sure if it would work until after we actually cruised, but it shows up for each of us. It's pretty neat to be able to do Power Up Points. I can imagine how great it is for a boost when close to a new level, as well. Thanks for the information in this thread!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Merfille said:

It's pretty neat to be able to do Power Up Points. I can imagine how great it is for a boost when close to a new level, as well. Thanks for the information in this thread!

I wish RCI did something similar with Crown & Anchor.

Edited by GimmeOcean
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Merfille said:

We are new to Celebrity, about to cruise with them for the first time in February on a South America & Antarctica itinerary. Because of the December webinar and resulting Power Up Points, my family is now showing as Classic instead of Preview. I was not sure if it would work until after we actually cruised, but it shows up for each of us. It's pretty neat to be able to do Power Up Points. I can imagine how great it is for a boost when close to a new level, as well. Thanks for the information in this thread!

And remember to get your free scoop of gelato!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

Gelato is for all CC members starting with Select.

Actually classic.  On our second Celebrity cruise I got in line for my free gelato scoop and DH decided to pass it up.  He has never missed his free scoop since that cruise!

i think that the majority of people remember to get their scoop on the last sea day, after noticing the line for gelato.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rotoal said:

Actually classic.  On our second Celebrity cruise I got in line for my free gelato scoop and DH decided to pass it up.  He has never missed his free scoop since that cruise!

i think that the majority of people remember to get their scoop on the last sea day, after noticing the line for gelato.

Wow, a scoop of gelato.
Look, see what offerings Oceania has for its guests:100.thumb.jpg.5d16436d80f00cac2509106355969ad9.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rotoal said:

I don’t get it about two thirds of the time. It is a tiny scoop. 

24 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I don’t get it about two thirds of the time. It is a tiny scoop. 

And on many ships it's full of ice chips since they don't have good freezers.

41 minutes ago, alibaba1 said:

see what offerings Oceania has for its guests

The gelato would be worth more than all the blue benefits (which would equate to the level where you earn the benefit) if the freezers are working. As for the higher levels, you get what you pay (through the nose) for.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2024 at 11:17 AM, mahdnc said:

The table below should give you some idea for the answer to your question.

In terms of Power Up Point activities, the frequency used to be once a month.  However in 2023, it dropped off to about once every two months. 

Surveys usually are worth 1-2 Club Points while webinars are worth 5 Club Points, but sometimes just 3.  That might help you figure out the answer to your question about webinar frequency.

image.png.112f6bdb1bc60736635fa070117123b9.png

I should been paying more attention to the power up points a couple of years ago 😭

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I should been paying more attention to the power up points a couple of years ago 😭

You know, @cruisestitch was pretty much on the ball as she started this long running thread when Celebrity first sent out emails for earning PowerUp Points. 

If you have a few minutes, it’s worth reading the first 3 pages of this thread to read member’s reactions. They range from appreciation to someone thinking this could be a bad thing. But many posts were about confusion on how get the quiz and how to fill it out correctly.

For my wife and I, we were taking 12-14 night sailings in a veranda once a year before the shutdown. So we were earning 36-42 Club Points a year.  The PowerUp Point program resulted in us maintaining our normal Club Point earnings rate during the shutdown. 

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

And no more free waffle cones 

I got  my gelato in a waffle cone the last two times and no charge.  Must be the ship.

Edited by keesar
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, keesar said:

I got  my gelato in a waffle cone the last two times and no charge.  Must be the ship.

I was on the Silhouette in November 2023 and I think the charge for the waffle was a few bucks. I know they were included pre covid. 

4 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I was on the Silhouette in November 2023 and I think the charge for the waffle was a few bucks. I know they were included pre covid. 

I thought that the free cone was a hit and miss thing pre covid.  Of course, I haven't had my free scoop in over 2 years, since last time I tried it it wasn't very good.

7 hours ago, mahdnc said:

You know, @cruisestitch was pretty much on the ball as she started this long running thread when Celebrity first sent out emails for earning PowerUp Points. 

If you have a few minutes, it’s worth reading the first 3 pages of this thread to read member’s reactions. They range from appreciation to someone thinking this could be a bad thing. But many posts were about confusion on how get the quiz and how to fill it out correctly.

For my wife and I, we were taking 12-14 night sailings in a veranda once a year before the shutdown. So we were earning 36-42 Club Points a year.  The PowerUp Point program resulted in us maintaining our normal Club Point earnings rate during the shutdown. 

Yes the quizzes at first were so badly written they were a real challenge

the hardest thing has been to keep posters on track between power up opportunities.  Thread drift makes us think there’s a new opportunity when it’s just people talking about other things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, abbydancer2003 said:

I thought that the free cone was a hit and miss thing pre covid.  Of course, I haven't had my free scoop in over 2 years, since last time I tried it it wasn't very good.

It is hit or miss.  One of us got the FREE waffle cone and the other did not.  We went on different days.  

20 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

The gelato would be worth more than all the blue benefits (which would equate to the level where you earn the benefit)

Not a perk for me, as I am Dairy Intolerant.

20 minutes ago, keesar said:

It is hit or miss.  One of us got the FREE waffle cone and the other did not.  We went on different days.  

The hazelnut gelato is the best IMO.

1 hour ago, abbydancer2003 said:

The ice cream served in the buffet is much better so not much reason to bother with the Gelato.

• Like 1