In-Transit Passengers Matter

hpeabody

1 hour ago, pcur said:

You are welcome.  I felt your pain, literally. 

Funny, but when I gave Chase that 10 days, and then called them up, and asked to talk to the Disputes department, then was on hold for near the rest of my life, they did open up my documentation and read it while I was on the phone with them.  Make sure you are talking to the correct department, and not just Customer Service.

I always call the direct phone number to the disputes department.

I should clarify my statement "They tell me they do not talk details on the phone, it is all done by submitting information as requested and secure letter, only" 

Yes, on the phone I gave them as much detail information as they asked for, then in secure letter they sent a questionnaire and requested more documentation to be faxed.  This is the package that I have had all the issues with.  All that providing of information was one way on my part.  They don't have a scenario where you can have a two way conversation to discuss details, or a chance to ask or answer questions.  It seems a bit too cut and dry.  They don't provide a time frame for an answer.  They are not currently able to meet typical time frames anyway.  Some day I imagine I will get another secure letter.

I think this is not a cut and dry situation,  plus not the only case Princess has like this... would think patience may pay off in the long run.   How much money do you think you are due?  I am not asking you to answer that question on this blog but I guess I am wondering whether it is worth it to sue or not.   If not a lot involved I would sit tight, if not then explore other options.   Complaining on here is not going to do much for your pocket book.   That may not sound very nice, not trying to be rude just telling you how I see it.   Believe the whole travel industry is going through a lot, not just Princess... tough situation for passengers, crew, companies.    If we have our health and well being that is a blessing.  

• Like 1

An update on my World Cruise 2020 situation:

Chase now seems to finally be looking at my dispute/claim. This morning as I usually do I looked on-line at my Chase credit card activity. Lo and Behold! I see credits for the 2 pre-paid shore excursions that are part of my dispute/claim. WOW!, Yesssssssss. Nothing about the cruise, though. I did not have any notification, I suspect that will come soon in a secure letter. I can't tell yet if temporary or permanent. But, it's something 🙂

• Like 1

To add to the update:

This afternoon as expected I received 2 secure letters. 1 letter told me the credits for the shore excursions is provisional (expected)  Chase usually makes them permanent fairly quickly.  The other was another 2 page questionnaire, different than the first. This one had more to do with quality and return of merchandise.  I have to provide more documentation and some will be a repeat repeat of the first package.  I pretty much have it all gathered and will send tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

Another Update:

UGH!  I thought this questionnaire did not seem right.  I called Chase just now and it turns out the representative sent the WRONG questionnaire.  At least he/she realized it and made a notation in the case record.  Now I am told to wait possibly 2 days for another secure letter with the correct questionnaire.  I highly suspect it will be identical to the one I sent back with all the documentation in May.  I truly did go back to square 1, new case# and start date June 9th.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 10:10 AM, hpeabody said:

An update on my World Cruise 2020 situation:

Chase now seems to finally be looking at my dispute/claim. This morning as I usually do I looked on-line at my Chase credit card activity. Lo and Behold! I see credits for the 2 pre-paid shore excursions that are part of my dispute/claim. WOW!, Yesssssssss. Nothing about the cruise, though. I did not have any notification, I suspect that will come soon in a secure letter. I can't tell yet if temporary or permanent. But, it's something 🙂

Log in again, and go to Statements and Documents from the menu at the top left, then Letters and Notices.  An explanation should be there.  That's what they did in my Airbnb case.

So happy to hear that you made progress!

On 6/18/2020 at 5:14 PM, hpeabody said:

Another Update:

UGH!  I thought this questionnaire did not seem right.  I called Chase just now and it turns out the representative sent the WRONG questionnaire.  At least he/she realized it and made a notation in the case record.  Now I am told to wait possibly 2 days for another secure letter with the correct questionnaire.  I highly suspect it will be identical to the one I sent back with all the documentation in May.  I truly did go back to square 1, new case# and start date June 9th.

Patience, patience.  Having gone through FIVE application processes with the VA for Aid and Attendance benefits, I know that you gotta play their game the way they want you to, or you don't get the money.  Same with banks.

It's a training exercise for sainthood, IMO.  😉

Edited by pcur

On 6/17/2020 at 8:02 PM, hpeabody said:

I should clarify my statement "They tell me they do not talk details on the phone, it is all done by submitting information as requested and secure letter, only" 

Yes, on the phone I gave them as much detail information as they asked for, then in secure letter they sent a questionnaire and requested more documentation to be faxed.  This is the package that I have had all the issues with.  All that providing of information was one way on my part.  They don't have a scenario where you can have a two way conversation to discuss details, or a chance to ask or answer questions.  It seems a bit too cut and dry.  They don't provide a time frame for an answer.  They are not currently able to meet typical time frames anyway.  Some day I imagine I will get another secure letter.

The process I went through was pretty straightforward:

1. Called and talked to disputes to open case

2. Received letter about 5 days later.

3 Completed letter same day and included any relevant information (booking letter from TA, Booking refared letter from TAcancellation letter from TA, Copy of original charge, copy of refund when cruise was refared. Scanned information and used Chase secure messaging function on web site.

4. Contacted Disputes department 1 week later to confirm receipt of all information.  Person on phone looked at file and approved temporary credit which was in my account next day

5. Letter confirming finalization of dispute and that the credit was permanent was received 28 days after temporary credit.

Well, the first step has finally happened ..........

This just now appeared in my Captains Circle account

Used For Goodwill Fccs 06/22/20 Book By 05/01/22 Active $$$$$$$$$ (USD)

They are finally getting to us "In-Transit" passengers.

Details:

Pacific Princess.

Embarked Jan 20, 2020

Cruise Official End March 1, 2020

Disembarked Fremantle, Australia March 21, 2020

Refund Choice Form Submitted Apr 5, 2020

Still awaiting cash $$$$$$$ refund to credit card and Bottomline check for "refundable" OBC from my folio

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hpeabody said:

Details:

Pacific Princess.

Embarked Jan 20, 2020

Still awaiting cash $$$$$$$ refund to credit card and Bottomline check for "refundable" OBC from my folio

Dancing Snoopy.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hpeabody said:

Details:

Pacific Princess.

Embarked Jan 20, 2020

Very good to hear!  My CC refund was posted today, five days after the FCCs appeared.  Sure hope your's follows the same path.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Very good to hear!  My CC refund was posted today, five days after the FCCs appeared.  Sure hope your's follows the same path.

Great!  I hope the real money comes soon too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cherylandtk said:

Holly, any further news to report?  The way I figure it, Princess has left you hanging for 124 days (since March 1 cancel).  By far the longest refund ‘process’ on these boards.

Nothing new to report, but several of my fellow passengers have also received their FCCs.  AFIK, no one has received any $$$$$$$ refund to credit cards.  I am hoping June 30 opens some kind of flood gate of $$$$$$$ refunds.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 2:42 PM, mnocket said:

I can understand your anger.  Princess has raised cash, so it's no longer a matter of cash flow.  I'm guessing it's just a matter of limited staff and possibly (probably?) Princess prioritizing your category of refunds below others.  I really feel for people in your circumstances.  I came so close to being in a similar situation.  I returned from a 28-day cruise at the beginning of March - just as many of the ships that shared your experience departed. 

When did Princess raise cash?  Who was the investor?

6 hours ago, mnocket said:

Thanks, mnocket.     Forgot about this.   Feels strange re-reading about this, that article was written end of March and a lot has happened since.