I'm confused on the ORDER OF REFUNDS by Princess

Tophat4321

Here is my refund status as of 7:40 am June 20,2020.

First cruise April 18,2020 cancelled and refund requested March 12, 2020. Credit card company has refunded with conditional credit and returned money back to my checking account.  Princess has not refunded a nickel yet to account. FFC applied couple of weeks ago.

Second cruise May 31,2020. cancelled and refund requested April 16, 2020. Credit card company has refunded with conditional credit with the exception of $200.00 deposit. Today a Princess refund showed up on my CC that included the $200. deposit. So between conditional credits and Princess I am whole overall. Now I have a large credit on my CC which I am hoping the CC company will remove.

Now the head scratching part on how Princess is returning monies. Why would the May 31,2020 cruise be refunded by Princess before the April 18, 2020 cruise? 

I don't think anyone has the correct answer for you.  It took about 90 days for me to get my refund for a mid March cruise.  I cancelled a spa treatment for a December cruise, because I doubt I will go and my bet is it won't happen, and I got my refund for that in under 30 days.  

Because despite claiming that refunds would be issued by sailing date, that's hard to do when batches are divided among folks who are working from home. With many contesting charges with their credit card companies, it's just slowing things down even more with the added steps of Princess checking if a refund's been issued before they even work on your booking, and again before processing the credit, all to avoid double refunds.

2 hours ago, Tophat4321 said:

First cruise April 18,2020 cancelled and refund requested March 12, 2020. Credit card company has refunded with conditional credit and returned money back to my checking account.  Princess has not refunded a nickel yet to account. FFC applied couple of weeks ago.

Second cruise May 31,2020. cancelled and refund requested April 16, 2020. Credit card company has refunded with conditional credit with the exception of $200.00 deposit. Today a Princess refund showed up on my CC that included the $200. deposit. So between conditional credits and Princess I am whole overall. Now I have a large credit on my CC which I am hoping the CC company will remove.

Now the head scratching part on how Princess is returning monies. Why would the May 31,2020 cruise be refunded by Princess before the April 18, 2020 cruise? 

Just be grateful that yours has been processed!  We are still waiting on a May 16, 2020 cruise that was cancelled on March 20, 2020. Not a chirp has been heard. 🤷‍♀️  Just want to be through with all of this and put it behind us. We are past the 90 day mark. 

• Like 3

We cancelled March 8 for May 16 cruise/land pkg. nothing yet. disputed with cc company June 1. Got conditional credit but they’re still “investigating “.  So frustrating. I hope we all get our money back soon. 

4 hours ago, Tophat4321 said:

If you had been following the hundreds of refund posts on here you would see no one has figured out the answer to your question. 
Happy for you. Some from March cancellations have received nothing yet. 

It would appear that Princess is slow walking refunds in order to have pax give them no interest loans to keep the company afloat. It also appears from reading many other posts that many people no longer believe anything that Princess tells them any will likely become former princess cruisers.

I think that they are obviously using the "Magic 8 Ball" approach to refunding. For those unfamiliar, it goes something like this:

Choose a date - any date

Shake the Magic 8 Ball while asking the question "Should we process this date?"

Magic 8 Ball will advise yes/no/maybe

YES: Great, let's get started and in a month this date will be processed

NO: Sorry suckers, you go back in the queue

MAYBE: Let's see, maybe we will process part of this date, maybe we will just do FCC, maybe we will screw up some aspects and have to start all over, maybe we will just go for lunch...

I feel this is the best approach for determining the order of refunds as it really does put everyone in the same boat. Kudos to Princess for being, hands down, the least organised company throughout the pandemic.

FWIW I am day 104 waiting for a March 14th sailing. I most definitely keep getting NO on the 8 ball....sigh

• Like 2

On 6/21/2020 at 10:41 AM, Tophat4321 said:

I talked with Princess Customer Service last week about my $1,300 excursion refund.  I had canceled our October cruise in April but at the time was told it could take 90 days for the refund.  I decided to "check in" to see how the process was going.  Ha, Ha,....BIG MISTAKE!   I was told that from what she could see some customers from April cancellations were receiving refunds and some that currently cancelled were also being refunded.  Others, nothing at all.  She told me it could take all summer up to August and honestly there was no consistency in the refund process.  Others on this board suggested I go through my bank to put pressure on Princess.  My daughter-in-law works with BOA and said that only will add additional headache because it goes into "Investigation" process.  The bank will refund my $ but if there is no resolution in # of days, the bank also takes it back.  

I get that the cruise lines are having a monetary crises but I there has to be a better systematic way to treat the customer in a respectful manner.  Many of us are return cruisers....at least we use to be.....thinking about a RV! 

13 hours ago, Thrak said:

I thought the order was simple. "We will get to you when we get to you and not a moment sooner."  Seems to me to be pretty much how things are working.

That pretty much exactly sums up what has been happening. Our TA says the refund department does not answer their phones.

Despite having no refund for my March 14th sailing yet, today I received the refund for my cancelled August sailing. The irony is that I had requested the FCC for double the deposit, since this was not paid in full. Bravo Princess, you have screwed up yet again!