Carnival cancels through September 30

tradintraci

1 hour ago, tradintraci said:

Will HAL as well?

We’re booked for September 27!!!

I’m on pins and needles.

They have cancelled everything except the September 27th Oosterdam sailing to Hawaii and Australia.  Looking at what Hawaii and Australian governments are currently saying about foreign tourists and cruise ships, I wouldn't be buying any Australian Dollars.

1 hour ago, tradintraci said:

Adjustments.JPG

Will HAL as well?

We’re booked for September 27!!!

I’m on pins and needles.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Most of all of HAL’s sailings have been cancelled in September.  There are only a very few left.  I think you are on the Oosterdam and to the best of my knowledge, I don’t think that one has been cancelled - yet.

But, it is my understanding that the Port of Seattle  has suspended it’s cruise season indefinitely due to the pandemic https://www.portseattle.org/sites/default/files/2020-04/COVID-PortResponse_4-24-20.pdf

Most of all of HAL’s sailings have been cancelled in September.  There are only a very few left.  I think you are on the Oosterdam and to the best of my knowledge, I don’t think that one has been cancelled - yet.

But, it is my understanding that the Port of Seattle  has suspended it’s cruise season indefinitely due to the pandemic https://www.portseattle.org/sites/default/files/2020-04/COVID-PortResponse_4-24-20.pdf

You are correct, Oosterdam.
Port Seattle is questionable but but no clear dates.

We are on the same sailing.  HAL called last week to say that our flight ease flights had been cancelled by the carrier and that they had no other flights out that day.  I didn't really care because at this point, this cruise is not going to happen.  But I would like them to cancel prior to final payment, so I am hoping they follow Carnival's lead.

But there is no strong precedent for them to do so.  With the initial pause in operations, Carnival, Princess, and HAL all set up different plans for when to restart cruising, so will this be different? Not sure.

Don

18 minutes ago, Himself said:

I hope you are correct and it stays with the Carnival Cruise Line only.

It doesn't make a lot of difference.  HAL has already cancelled nearly all of their September cruises.  There are very few left - one or two, I believe.

14 minutes ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

Since HAL has not repatriated all their crew yet, I wonder how they would be able to start up again as soon as the fall. It seems impossible to me.

We have a November cruise booked and I’m wondering the same thing.

17 minutes ago, kazu said:

It doesn't make a lot of difference.  HAL has already cancelled nearly all of their September cruises.  There are very few left - one or two, I believe.

I have just learned HAL will be selling some Ships.  When she comes back it will be a smaller line.  I bet we will not start up until November or December.

7 minutes ago, Himself said:

I have just learned HAL will be selling some Ships.  When she comes back it will be a smaller line.  I bet we will not start up until November or December.

I am guessing you are talking about the thread about Carnival selling some ships?

We have no idea if HAL will sell ships or not.  Because they are listed, doesn't mean they have a buyer.  Time will tell as to what ships sail.  No one knows, least of all, any of us.

Everything is conjecture right now. One thing that is probably a safe assumption is that all the ships might not start up at once - but that's just a guess too on my part 😉 

45 minutes ago, Himself said:

Do not count on a November cruise

I’m trying to remain hopeful that it will happen but know that most likely it will not happen.  Also have a December cruise that I’m guessing may not happen as well.  Hopefully the March one goes as planned, that is where we put the FCC.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

I am guessing you are talking about the thread about Carnival selling some ships?

We have no idea if HAL will sell ships or not.  Because they are listed, doesn't mean they have a buyer.  Time will tell as to what ships sail.  No one knows, least of all, any of us.

Everything is conjecture right now. One thing that is probably a safe assumption is that all the ships might not start up at once - but that's just a guess too on my part 😉 

I have a course that has been in contact with the front office of HAL. I am left with the impression that the decision are being made by the higher ups of Carnival Corporation.

I’m booked for one of those. That’s why I posted the question. September 27th

22 minutes ago, tradintraci said:

I’m booked for one of those. That’s why I posted the question. September 27th

Which both VMax1700 and I answered for you as best we can in these times in post # 2 and #3 respectively.

2 hours ago, tradintraci said:

Regarding my original post. The question remains. Will HAL join with Carnival and cease operations through September 30th? Only time and HAL can answer for sure. 3f61d4aa3e907e8b85280c19453f8b7c.jpg

The fact that it shows up as still upcoming for your account, is not a reliable indicator that it will actually sail. Over on my Princess account, it still shows our August 2020 Greenland cruise as active, even though I received an email over 1 month ago stating that this cruise was cancelled. I've also filled out the appropriate forms to have my deposit refunded. Still awaiting that, but its not a really large amount of $$$, so I'm not fretting about it as yet. So thats less than 8 weeks out, at this time I put very little faith in the information about sailing on any cruise lines website. 

Edited by drowelf
Fix formatting
  • Like 1