Seaside Coming to Port Canaveral

cruiseguyinorl

This was posted for TA's a bit ago:

Due to the global pandemic, MSC Cruises has redeployed several of its ships in the Caribbean for the fall and winter 2020/2021 season, resulting in changes to some of our originally planned itineraries. We sincerely apologize to you and your clients for any disruption to their vacation plans. In all instances in which a sailing was impacted, we have worked hard to offer new attractive deployment options. All guests impacted will be moved to another ship serving the same or similar itinerary, while maintaining the price of their original booking as well as offered the following additional perk:

• All guests who have booked an inside or oceanview stateroom will receive a stateroom upgrade
  • All guests booked in a balcony stateroom, a suite or a MSC Yacht Club stateroom will receive a shipboard credit of $100 per stateroom for cruises six nights or less (based on double occupancy, $50 for single occupancy). For cruises of seven nights or longer, guests will receive $200 per stateroom (based on double occupancy, $100 for single occupancy)

Below is a high level overview of the changes. We will be providing more specific details on each sailing impacted and the new sailing by Wednesday, July 1.

• MSC Seaside & MSC Armonia sailings from Miami departing AUG 1-SEP 15 have been canceled
  • MSC Seaside: Guests booked on MSC Seaside 7nt departures from Miami Saturday departures from Miami will move to MSC Meraviglia 7-night, Saturday departures from Miami
  • MSC Meraviglia: Guests booked on MSC Meraviglia 7-night Sunday departures from Miami will move to MSC Meraviglia 7-night, Saturday departures from Miami
  • MSC Armonia: Guests booked on MSC Armonia 4-night departures from Tampa will move to MSC Seaside 4-night departures from Port Canaveral
  • MSC Armonia: Guests booked on MSC Armonia 5-night departures from Tampa will move to MSC Seaside 7-night departures from Port Canaveral
  • MSC Armonia:Guests booked on MSC Armonia 7-night departures from Tampa will move to MSC Seaside 7-night departures from Port Canaveral
  • MSC Divina: Guests booked on MSC Divina 3-night departures from Miami will move to MSC Armonia 3-night from Miami
  • MSC Divina: Guests booked on MSC Divina 7-night departures from Miami will move to MSC Meraviglia 7-night departures from Miami
  • MSC Divina: Guests booked on MSC Divina 11-night departures from Miami will move to MSC Meraviglia 14-night (back to back sailings) from Miami

I'm guessing this is only until March when she goes to Europe and Divina comes up to Port Canaveral. Will update if I find out more.

Bret

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for posting this. I was planning on cruising with family on the Divina in March 2021 and saw the announcement on the website but I didn't know our sailing would be moved to Armonia. My mom had already decided she wanted to cancel due to all of the uncertainty but knowing that MSC would be moving us to Armonia would be a deal breaker for her (she doesn't like older, smaller ships). Now I have the fun task of letting the rest of the group know lol. 

42 minutes ago, APDMOM said:

👏One happy family here... we love Seaside!  I just hope they allow us to keep our current Miami booking to do Seaside from PC!  💃

Good luck.  We got put on the Meraviglia.  The left our port and date alone, but took away the most important thing: Seaside.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, APDMOM said:

👏One happy family here... we love Seaside!  I just hope they allow us to keep our current Miami booking to do Seaside from PC!  💃

When does Seaside start in Port Canaveral? I thought they said Divina would be there originally so is this temporary?  

7 minutes ago, kidless said:

When does Seaside start in Port Canaveral? I thought they said Divina would be there originally so is this temporary?  

Seaside will start Port Canaveral November 1st and stay through March 21st when the Divina will take her place starting with the March 28th sailing. They did just confirm that Divina is still scheduled for her drydock in November.

Bret

31 minutes ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

... Divina will take her place starting with the March 28th sailing. They did just confirm that Divina is still scheduled for her drydock in November.

So it looks more and more like Divina isn't returning to the US until March 28  She was due back in US Jan 29th, now all those are canceled though late March.  Heard anything about where she will be from Dec 15th to March 28, I know after dry dock there were a few Med sailings before heading back to the US.  The US website search function has been down most of the day, I'll be looking for a new March TA to show up.

2 hours ago, JAGR said:

Good luck.  We got put on the Meraviglia.  The left our port and date alone, but took away the most important thing: Seaside.

Same here... Got put on Meraviglia.  We are already booked on Meraviglia for 2 weeks next year.  So, we called and cancelled.  Cancellation can not be processed until July 1st, since we were not officially notified yet. 🤷‍♀️

We booked the 4+3 days for the week of Thanksgiving on Seaside.  It includes 3 days in Ocean Cay (One overnight stay)!  We even saved $500 over the previous booking for 2 balconies.  Now, let’s hope we can get these ships to sail by then. 😁

1 hour ago, Até said:

So it looks more and more like Divina isn't returning to the US until March 28 

A "complaint" I have with MSC's scheduling is their on again/off again deployment of the Divina.  Is it or is it not going to be fully committed to a sailing schedule from North America?  This "issue" has been on going for awhile.  I realize that the pandemic has thrown a monkey wrench in all of the cruise lines plans, but there seems to be a bit more inconsistency with "what do we do with Divina" than is warranted.  

Going to be weird to see the Seaside not porting out of Miami anymore.  The ship was literally designed based on the architecture of that city with multiple venues named after it.  Would have thought she would be a permanent mainstay there, even with the Seashore coming over, but I guess not.  Maybe one day in the future.

That being said, if any ship was going to head to Canaveral, I'm glad its her.

5 hours ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

Seaside will start Port Canaveral November 1st and stay through March 21st when the Divina will take her place starting with the March 28th sailing. They did just confirm that Divina is still scheduled for her drydock in 

I don’t see any cruises available out of Port Canaveral for MSC. We are booked on Divina  out of Miami end of March. I’d rather lift and shift to Canaveral On Divina then move over to Meraviglia. Even if means moving to April or May. Does anyone know when cruise out of PC will begin and what the 7 day itinerary looks like. 

So far only the Seaside itineraries from Nov 1st to Jan 31st are listed from Port Canaveral.  I think MSC will just institute the changes for now and move you according to the first post, so you will likely have to cancel and re-book under the normal terms and forego the little perks for accepting the changes.  Posters have said MSC won't begin that process until July 1st.  Seaside seven day itineraries all seem to be Port Canaveral>Ocean Cay>Cayman Islands>Cozumel>Port Canaveral.  They are combinable with a three day PC>OC>PC or a four day PC>OC>Nassau>PC.  Divina itineraries from PC will probably be released soon with sailings starting March 28th, hopefully they will be more interesting but MSC already said it will be 3-4-7 so I suspect it will be the same as what Seaside was doing.

1 hour ago, Até said:

Posters have said MSC won't begin that process until July 1st. 

I think that I'm stuck in that waiting area, too. Even though I called to cancel, nothing has been done. The canceled cruise still shows under "My Cruises". The new booking also shows for the same days as the old booking which is off by one day.

Also, the new booking doesn't show under the 5%+5%+OBC+Double Points Voyages Selection promo. So I'll probably have to wait until July to fully cancel, re-book to get the Voyages promo, transfer the old deposit to add to the new deposit, hope that the correct OBC (or any OBC) shows up for 2 adults (don't ask :classic_unsure:), and THEN I'll be OK...if they actually send me a conformation PDF which I seem to get 1/2 of the time. 

Maybe I need to hijack....

Is Seashore construction on schedule? I'm thinking of skipping 2021 and jumping right to 2022 cruises. :classic_biggrin:

20 hours ago, Beardface said:

Going to be weird to see the Seaside not porting out of Miami anymore.  The ship was literally designed based on the architecture of that city with multiple venues named after it.  Would have thought she would be a permanent mainstay there, even with the Seashore coming over, but I guess not. 

Observing MSC as a curious future guest, I have noted that the Company's plans for where to home port a ship and for how long that will happen seems to change like the weather.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, George C said:

Might cancel we are on seaside for end of November in YC , much rather leave from Miami since it is closer to airport. Thanks for info. 

Hi, George!  Can’t remember: Have you done Meraviglia yet?  It is also a fantastic ship!  We will be on Meraviglia for two weeks next May/June with my parents.  For this November, we switched to Seaside from Port Canaveral, as we really want to enjoy one more cruise before she leaves for Europe.  Hope all is well!  🙂 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, APDMOM said:

Hi, George!  Can’t remember: Have you done Meraviglia yet?  It is also a fantastic ship!  We will be on Meraviglia for two weeks next May/June with my parents.  For this November, we switched to Seaside from Port Canaveral, as we really want to enjoy one more cruise before she leaves for Europe.  Hope all is well!  🙂 

Have not , I do remember you gave it a nice review, we just loved Seaside and crew had a few nice conversation with the captain. Need to talk to my better half and see if we should cancel or not , everything is so crazy now, hope you and your family is doing well .

• Like 1

Has anyone been able to get/see the VC 5+5 on any of the Seaside cruises out of Port Canaveral when attempting online booking? Has anyone called regarding this (before I have to--TIA)? 

I wonder if they'll work with any of the theme parks to offer a park and cruise plan like Disney obviously has and RCCL has with Universal.  (That is, as a tack on to our 2016 sailing on the Freedom of the Seas, we added on a 3 day stay at Cabana Bay with 2 days worth of park passes that we booked with Royal, which included transportation to/from the airport to the resort and the resort to the port).