Celebrity Cruises cancelled until 15/9

penzance30

CELEBRITY CRUISES EXTENDS GLOBAL SUSPENSION OF CRUISING

Tuesday, June 23rd, 2020

Given ongoing global public health circumstances, Celebrity Cruises. has decided to extend the suspension of most sailings through September 15, 2020.  We are working with our guests and travel partners to address this disruption to their vacations and are genuinely sorry for their inconvenience.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert/voluntary-suspension-of-cruising

Tuesday, June 23rd, 2020

Given ongoing global public health circumstances, Celebrity Cruises. has decided to extend the suspension of most sailings through September 15, 2020.  We are working with our guests and travel partners to address this disruption to their vacations and are genuinely sorry for their inconvenience.

This is from the Celebrity Website this morning.  It says "most sailings". Wonder what sailings will happen???? I would LOVE to be on one! LOL

• Like 1

This announcement has enabled me to put in a claim from my Credit Card. 
I was told I would get FCC when I cancelled on 17/04/20, due to the then requirement of a Drs letter for the over 70’s. 
I was told I would be sent FCC, but there is no sign of it, 67 days later. 

Yeah, I got my notification this morning via text.  Somewhat of a relief with how things are in Florida currently.  So now I'll just use the FCC for my October 2021 cruise!  Win/win for me, even with the cancelled cruise.

Today the governors of Florida and Arizona were whining about the spiking COVID-19 rates in their respective states.  Still, in Florida the governor refuses to require face masks even while the Secretary of Health is strongly recommending they be used.  Since there is not a governor's directive, wearing masks cannot be enforced.  Let the good times roll where the contagion is highest: Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Tampa/St Petersburg - all cruise ports.

Edited by Ride-The-Waves
  • Like 1