Above the theatre: Is it loud? Disruptive

Eli_6

I am trying to get two connecting rooms for my husband, myself and our two kids.  There are no connecting rooms showing up on the website for the Carnival Legend when I am wanting to sail. We are wanting to do B2B Spain to London and then Norwegian Fjords.  I called in to the Carnival line and they found an extended balcony connecting to an interior for both cruises.  So we don't have to change rooms.  This is absolutely perfect...except that it is above the theatre and a few doors down from the Kid's Club.  Normally, I try to get a room with a deck of cabins above and below it, but that is not an option if I want connecting rooms.. My husband really wants the kids to have their ow tv and bathroom for obvious reason.  My thought process is this is ideal - inside connected to extended balcony, close to the kids club, and we don't have to change rooms.  My only concern is noise.  Anyone had a cabin over the theatre before?  So long as the noise ends by about 11 p.m. and doesn't start before 8 a.m., I am fine. 

On 7/2/2020 at 4:12 PM, fyree39 said:

Is that deck 6? I stayed in a deck 6 extended balcony and listened to the band practicing every afternoon.

On the Legend, it is on Deck 5.  

I've not sailed on the Legend, but on other ships I've stayed above the theatre.  As others have said, you will likely hear noise (music drum beat or other louder sound effects) when there is a show currently being done and/or when the acts are practicing.  Since we don't sleep until after the last show usually, and are rarely in our cabin during the afternoon/morning practice sessions, it's not been a big deal.  However, if you are early-to-bed people and/or take daytime naps, then you possibly could have to deal with the sounds.  Usually, the sounds are muted thump thump sounds more than being able to make out specifically what is being played or done to make the sound.  All-in-all, we would tolerate it again for a good cabin choice.  Not a big deal for us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MeHeartCruising said:

I've not sailed on the Legend, but on other ships I've stayed above the theatre.  As others have said, you will likely hear noise (music drum beat or other louder sound effects) when there is a show currently being done and/or when the acts are practicing.  Since we don't sleep until after the last show usually, and are rarely in our cabin during the afternoon/morning practice sessions, it's not been a big deal.  However, if you are early-to-bed people and/or take daytime naps, then you possibly could have to deal with the sounds.  Usually, the sounds are muted thump thump sounds more than being able to make out specifically what is being played or done to make the sound.  All-in-all, we would tolerate it again for a good cabin choice.  Not a big deal for us.

Thanks for replying That's what I was thinking/hoping for.  This is the ONLY place on the ship (the three floors directly above the theatre) where I can get an inside cabin connecting to a balcony cabin.  And these two connecting cabins are the only open option for both sailings which is good so I don't have to move. Also, the inside/balcony is MUCH preferable for us because then I can put my kids in the inside cabin and don't have to worry about them sneaking on to the balcony if I am in the next room AND I can also have an adjoining room with them.  There are no options for two inside adjoining cabins AT ALL on the ship and, in any event, the second leg is the Norwegian Fjords cruise which, like an Alaskan cruise, is a cruise where there is a lot of "sailing" scenery to view so I would very much like to have a balcony.   

Typically, we sleep from about 11 pm to 7 am and rarely take naps so I can't imagine the noise would be going on during that time. Plus, out of 19 days, we will be in port all but 4 days.  

• Like 1

We've been above the theater too.  No problem whatsoever during times most folks sleep.  Was never an issue for us.  Actually a very quiet cabin at night.

• Like 2

i am speaking only of conquest class ships, which are mostly what I have sailed on with Carnival, and cannot say how it was with rooms above the theather, but have often been below the theather, and have heard some noise above, but only during show times, and never anything disruptive after about 11pm or so.  So, dont know about how it is in rooms above, but can only think that noise would only happen during or a short time after show times.  And after 11pm, all should be quiet with regard to the theather.  Not sure how it is on other class ships, though it should be quiet after showtime.

• Like 1

The only possible noise concern I would have, and this depends on the CD/ED, is occasionally they will have late night events in the main theater like comedy shows or Quest that run way past midnight. These are usually held in the smaller theater on deck 1 on Spirit class ships, but I have seen these events held in the main theater on these ships.  

• Like 1